Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

completely instanced, or something different?

lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

Will guild wars 2 be like guild wars 1 as far as instancing is concerned?

Just curious, for some reason instancing is like when your about to bust a nut and then she stops, totally ruins it even if it starts back up. 

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

Comments

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

MMORPG.com admins should REALLY write that fact into the overview...I see this question about 8 times a day grrr...

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

GW2 = persistent, open world

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

It says persistent open world, yet extensive instanced gameplay......hmmmmmm    anyone have a comparative explanation for that?

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by lectrocuda

It says persistent open world, yet extensive instanced gameplay......hmmmmmm    anyone have a comparative explanation for that?

This means there are normal instances for :

Dungeons (like WoW)

And Instances of normal zones for story telling in your own personal story....

The game may actually feel like both an RPG and an MMO, i imagine much like the tortage experience of AoC but then with much bigger zones.

There is no word tough yet if the gamezones will be connected seamlessly like WoW or with loadingtimes like EQ/EQ2/

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

Age of Conan did the instances good, just their open world lacked substance, I dont know if id call it an open world, wow was much better but still it funneled you into the next zone. It disguised linearity with huge zones, but ultimately it was zoned with seamless loading. I think is guild wars at the least could apply the wow equation to open world and AoC to instances it would be a great game. I am not saying wow's style of zoning is my cup of tea, but it is a step in the right direction