Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The I-pad as a controller.

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

The I-pad, or any other high quallity touchpad running windows, linux or android might just be a perfect controller for MMO's.

Playing the game on your Super duper Game PC conencted by HDMI to your 42" HDTV and having all the controlls available not on the screen but on your touch pad, might be an awesome way to play MMO's

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

For a touchpad-keyboard styled app, absolutely, but I think the issue would be interfacing with the PC. I don't own one, so I don't know if you can send data back and forth remotely through bluetooth or a cord, and that would affect what I think could be the coolest possible application - a steering wheel.

It could even feature a rear-view mirror on the screen that doesn't rotate with the movement of the controller, but it's granted that tracking it is not 1:1 in any sense. I am sure just the smallest amount of tilt while turning is fine though, and may actually feed into the impression that you are banking turns at 110.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture