Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hi-Rez struggle to fix their game.

tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

As depicted in this thread (http://forum.globalagendagame.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=19664) and many others, since 1.3 patch went live, alot of players can no longer log into the game, and it seems to be getting worse. 8 days later, Hi-Rez have said themselves they have no clue why players can't connect, they're no closer to sorting out this problem. People had reported this problem to Hi-Rez on the test server long before 1.3 went live, but they went ahead and rushed this patch along with its many bugs. I also learned this problem was present with patch 1.25 and was 'accidentally' fixed in 1.26 weeks later.

Hi-Rez have been very quiet anout this problem, which makes me think they're sitting back and are letting the community diagnose and remedy the problem themselves, because as soon as someone figures out what the problem is, Hi-Rez will roll that fix.

It's a bloody shame too, I was quite enjoying my time with this game, but after this fiasco, it's put me well off this game and Hi-Rez themselves. :(

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

So just because a company can't figure out how to fix a certain problem you aren't going to play the game anymore? That doesn't really make any sense, they just are quiet about it because they have no clue what to do. I had this problem, but I tried to log in about 20 times, the 20th time it worked, after that it never had the problem again. And I remember reading about the problem and most of the people having it were in the UK using the same internet provider.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Originally posted by Panther2103

So just because a company can't figure out how to fix a certain problem you aren't going to play the game anymore?

Does it make more sense when you consider you will soon pay a monthly fee for the service and if this was to happen again as it has done before, it's hardly going to make you confident in paying that subscription fee. Hi-Rez could have handled this situation much better, you need to use the dev tracker to find out the progress (if any) of them fixing this issue, as they prefer to post in random threads which disapear off the page rather than making stickies and making those affected more aware.

And after reading the threads of those affected by this problem, alot of the players are really trying hard to identify and help Hi-Rez fix this problem, almost seems like the players are trying harder to fix this than Hi-Rez themselves. You wouldn't take your car to the same mechanic if you fixed the car infront of him as he stood there scratching his skull.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

But the monthly fee isn't required it's only for conquest and a few of the missions.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Originally posted by Panther2103

But the monthly fee isn't required it's only for conquest and a few of the missions.

I worded my first paragraph wrongly. The free to play model won't be as interesting or fun as the pay to play model. If you're going to enjoy GA the way it's intended to be, you'll be wanting AVA/Higher Tier missions/loot/content. But you need that players trust for them to part with their money, Hi-Rez have wavered my trust in them to provide more stable content and fast fixes since if you are to pay to play, having no access to the game because of a bug would be a bad thing. When I contacted GA technical support of my problem when 1.3 went live, the tech support replied ...

Originally posted by Global Agenda Support

Sorry to hear about this issue, with the Sandstorm patch just coming out there are a few things still to be ironed out.

There was no attempt to help me solve my problem (back then there wasn't as many who couldn't connect and so tech support could have tried to help my problem), my  incident was closed and I was waved goodbye and good luck.

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Bye!

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Originally posted by tachgb

As depicted in this thread (http://forum.globalagendagame.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=19664) and many others, since 1.3 patch went live, alot of players can no longer log into the game, and it seems to be getting worse. 8 days later, Hi-Rez have said themselves they have no clue why players can't connect, they're no closer to sorting out this problem. People had reported this problem to Hi-Rez on the test server long before 1.3 went live, but they went ahead and rushed this patch along with its many bugs. I also learned this problem was present with patch 1.25 and was 'accidentally' fixed in 1.26 weeks later.

Hi-Rez have been very quiet anout this problem, which makes me think they're sitting back and are letting the community diagnose and remedy the problem themselves, because as soon as someone figures out what the problem is, Hi-Rez will roll that fix.

It's a bloody shame too, I was quite enjoying my time with this game, but after this fiasco, it's put me well off this game and Hi-Rez themselves. :(

You watch a lot of fox news don't you.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• LooseBowelsLooseBowels Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by tachgb

I was quite enjoying my time with this game

I agree with the above posters. If you're enjoying this game then something is horribly wrong with you.