Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does buying from the store affect your ability to progress?

Comments

• AngorimAngorim Member Posts: 466

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Originally posted by Teala

Originally posted by Teala

I have gone ahead and purchased one dog and goggle form the item shop in fallen earth. I also do not even play anymore but they allowed me to apply it to my account.

Please feel free to tell me how this impacts you, your game play, and has directly affected your ability to progress and have fun in this title. I would like to know how others spend there time in an entertainment product affects you directly.

I look forward to the responses.

OK I'll bite at your completely loaded question(which is worded to solicit angry responses).  

The issue isn't that it hinders a players progress or have fun in the game.  The issue is that as paying customers that pay a premium fee all ready the company now decides to add RMT to get more from their customers by inticing them to purchase, all be it fluff, some rather cool looking items - thus making the premium players payments seem like they are going toward paying for content that they must buy a piece at a time.   If they open this can of worms - where do they draw the line.  What's next...charging for a new play area or a new mount and then some new clothing.   See where this is going? 

People that pay a premium fee should have access to all the game offers - that is why they pay a premium monthly fee!  Doesn't matter if it is fluff they are offering in the cash shop...the player is all ready paying for the game - they should have access to anything the developers add.

If the creators of FE are going to go the route of cash shop they might as well just go all the way and make it f2p - instead of charging for content on top of a monthly premium fee.

It will only illicit an angry responce, if you care what others do with there game time in an entertainment product. Do you also care that I watch movies in the nude? With candy I bought and you did not?  What if i fast foward the movie, how does that affect you? Will you put up the same agressive responces and chicken-little doomcasting?

Also, you are not entitled to the dog and goggles, so why would you complain? Did they TAKE the dog and goggles from you? Should you also be "entitled" to a paid server transfer as well? How far do you feel entitled with your 15$?

Still waiting for someone to answer the OP question. All I am getting is bastardized rationalizations and hyperbole.

If I am paying a premium monthly fee to play their game - then, yes, in my opinioin I am entitled to what ever they create for the game and it should be able to be gotten in game by some means. 

As it turns out it seems the items actually do give bonuses to a player that purchases them - so therefore your argument falls flat on its face if you receive a benefit from their use.  

Also after reading your responses it seems you do not care how anyone answers - even if their answers answer your loaded question.  You've all ready made up your mind that you do not care what anyone else has to say on the matter.

No, no ne has given the right answer.

The only answers given have been: Entitlement. Envey. Greed And competition where there is none.

Every single one is not an answer. Now you are just angry, and resorting to flames. Your entire reason for disliking the situation is because of envy and a sense of entitlement. Neither is real. You can keep claiing my question "loaded" all you want, it dosnt make it go away, and it dosnt make it true.

Here is the real reasion you are mad. You know the real answer, you do not want to say it.

The highlighted word says it all.  After reading through the countless responses to verify my suspicion from your original post, it's pretty obvious you're not looking for a discussion and you just want everyone to come in and agree with your (flawed) view point.

They've pointed out countless reasons why you shouldn't mix F2P cash shop and P2P models, and you counter with an arbitrary movie watching response that you do alone, WHICH DOESN'T involve interacting with any other people; directly or indirectly affecting them.

I'd end with "you shouldn't throw around loaded questions" but I'm pretty sure you knew exactly the outcome would be.  Let's step down off that high horse now, shall we?

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

This has been an amazing thread. Really, good stuff guys and gals. Way to keep parroting the same crap as party lines you read on the forums last week. image

I have games to go play now, you know, the ones you play for fun. Do you recall fun? Or are you still worried I may be playing in my underwear? image

Before I shall go, ill give you the answer:

It Doesn’t.

But that won’t stop you guys from creating magical stories to make it seem like it does, then get all internet revolution about it. image

Meanwhile, players will continue to ask for things like this with there wallet, and the last bastion of highbrow discussion and fair play called MMORPG.com forums will be all you have left. image

Just awesome. Tell me again how much of a bad persion I am? image

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• DaywolfDaywolf Member Posts: 749

I have gone ahead and purchased one dog and goggle form the item shop in fallen earth. I also do not even play anymore but they allowed me to apply it to my account.

Please feel free to tell me how this impacts you, your game play, and has directly affected your ability to progress and have fun in this title. I would like to know how others spend there time in an entertainment product affects you directly.

It impacts you. Because the 5 other people you just grouped with (or with whatever game) spent $0 in the cash shop, have crud equipment, so you play at their level, you die or fail. If you had to buy it, than they probably would of had to too, and didn't. If you hold out for groups that have appropriate equipment, that's like from 10% of to total population and possibly 2% active at any given time. Maybe someday you will understand, f2p is where games go to die. So does not impact me, only you, I don’t play it, I stick to games with a future, and balance.

So what worries people is the possibility of the games that they play switching over to the bargain bin category, player imbalance sets in, griefers flood in, existing communities fall apart, support decreases and the game shuts down in a year or two rather than being able to play it for the next 5+ years.

Not sure why I wasted time on this thread, but there it is.

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.

• AngorimAngorim Member Posts: 466

This has been an amazing thread. Really, good stuff guys and gals. Way to keep parroting the same crap as party lines you read on the forums last week. image

I have games to go play now, you know, the ones you play for fun. Do you recall fun? Or are you still worried I may be playing in my underwear? image

I Doesn’t.

But that won’t stop you guys from creating magical stories to make it seem like it does, then get all internet revolution about it. image

Meanwhile, players will continue to ask for things like this with there wallet, and the last bastion of highbrow discussion and fair play called MMORPG.com forums will be all you have left. image

You win for awesome exit post.  Good exit strategy for someone who has nothing to stand on.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

It Doesn’t.

Ahh the good ole frustrated exit post.

To clarify, are you asking for opinions on whether you are a bad person or a bad persian?

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342

It doesn't affect me because you don't play anymore.

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

It Doesn’t.

What you really mean is, it doesn't change.................................................for YOU.

And nobody has ever argued against that fact.

It's a strawman.

You really think someone is saying the game changes....................for YOu?

If YOU like cash shops, of course the game doesn't change............................................for YOU. 

How could it?

You like cash shops, the gmae has a cash shop, for YOU the game doesn't change.

I don't like cash shops, the game has a cash shop, for ME obviously the game has changed.

You're making a silly argument.

You're basically saying, I like F2P games.

Yes, no one has ever doubted that, or suggested you don't.

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

I would envy your dog and get my revenge by saying bad things about you behind your back.

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

If you guys think i'm angry, becouse you can't understand the point of this entire thread.

I have a  Dog and goggle te sell you.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Originally posted by uquipu

I would envy your dog and get my revenge by saying bad things about you behind your back.

<3

----------

How are you?" -Me

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by Angorim

I Doesn’t.

You win for awesome exit post.  Good exit strategy for someone who has nothing to stand on.

Just because he was wrong, does not mean that all RMT fall into the same category.  There are RMTs that do not affect game play.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by Cecropia

Originally posted by Agricola1

OK well here goes, I pay a subscription so that the developers create content for the game which I get to experience. I do not pay a subscription so that developers can create content and put it in a cash shop and sell it back to me and others that are playing for nothing.

Every time you buy something from that cash shop you're telling those developers that this kind of behaviour is acceptable. If you think it's acceptable fine, but I don't care what you think and you're asking how it affects my game and every time I see those items in game it pisses me off and alot of other gamers.

Luckily I never subscribed to FE and never will, the answer to people wo disapprove of these iem mall shenanigams is cancel the sub and uninstall, which people are doing in their droves ATM!

Boom. There's your answer Bloodworth.

I find it insane that so many of you out there do not understand this. You people are blindly fucking up our games, and because of your collective ridiculousness, now there's no turning back.

Uh, one would have to agree that cash shops "ruin" games for this to be true. Its also not the answer to the question.

Fact is, Players ARE ASKING FOR THIS STUFF TO BE LIKE THIS. YOU. The player.

It is 100% hyperbole to say the goggle or dog gives anyone an advantage.

Why would everyone have to agree for it to be true? That ia a totaly ridiculous assumption made by yourself, not everyone agrees that the world is a sphere or that god does or doesn't exist or that Elvis is dead or in fact still alive and recording a new album. Just because there is disagreement on a fact does not prevent it from being an actual fact.

Also you're asking about peoples feelings on a subject or their opinions based on their reactions to a method of pricing. Whatever the answer maybe it is a truth for those people is it not? If you like an item mall and it improves the game for you then that is as much a truth as the guy that finds it destroys the game for him and causes him to uninstall it.

You wished to know why it ruins the game for those that dislike it, not wether item shops do ruin games or not. You're trying to make a point that item shops + subscriptions do not ruin games for anyone and infact those that think so are deluded. You're not very good at this because they do ruin games for many gamers and your poor atempt to convince them otherwise has failed, however if it was an attempt to make yourself feel better about being an item shop lover then perhaps there are some deep rooted guilt issues linked to underperforming in certain areas in real life linked to these item malls?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Originally posted by VirusDancer

Originally posted by Ryukan

The title of this thread could easily be exchanged with a title that read: "Becouse it [other people's butthurt] upsets me [OP] so much"

LMAO @ the poll...

How does "one" Translate to "everyone".I asked about the direct, factual, tangible effect. I got the same dribble about entitlement, envy and something about "OMG ITS NOT FAIR".

One persion got it. One. Everyone elese threw a hissey fit and are now simply attacking me.

----------

How are you?" -Me

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

How does "one" Translate to "everyone".I asked about the direct, factual, tangible effect. I got the same dribble about entitlement, envy and something about "OMG ITS NOT FAIR".

One persion got it. One. Everyone elese threw a hissey fit and are now simply attacking me.

Yeah but you have a dog and some goggles and will look like the k3wlest d3wd in the grand canyon ;)

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

All i have to say is...

Have fun with your virtual mutt in a game that is quickly sinking.

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941

I just hope the op didn't really bought those items just to prove a point in an internet forum. If he did well ...

Originally posted by Edli

I just hope the op didn't really bought those items just to prove a point in an internet forum. If he did well ...

...it was a waste of money one way or the other.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Please refrain from using personal attacks in your discussion.

• Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513

Mrbloodworth, why is the competition aspect not an answer?

Buying superior items or units can create imbalance in competitive games (Imagine a homing rocket launcher in an ego shooter that normally doesn't have one). To stay competitive I would be forced to buy said rocket launcher. The result is a repeating cycle of the developers releasing better weapons and everyone buying them.

Does it not effect everyone if a few selected chess players were allowed to use two queens in tournament chess games just because they paid an extra 10k € fee?

Though in a non competitive environment I would agree with you: it doesn't.

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

[Mod Edit]

The game has PvP and multi-player. . if something gives you an advantage it affects my gameplay.  If I decide I hate you at level 1 and you are level 1. . potentially the extra slots for storage mean less trips to town and faster progression.

Single player game sure. . buy the LE edition and get your nice gear. . doesn't affect me. . same game world and PvP it does.  I consider online games competative to a degree and this is why I like to play.  If It is not an even playing field I am not interested.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Originally posted by Inf666
    Mrbloodworth, why is the competition aspect not an answer?
    Buying superior items or units can create imbalance in competitive games (Imagine a homing rocket launcher in an ego shooter that normally doesn't have one). To stay competitive I would be forced to buy said rocket launcher. The result is a repeating cycle of the developers releasing better weapons and everyone buying them.
    Does it not effect everyone if a few selected chess players were allowed to use two queens in tournament chess games just because they paid an extra 10k € fee?
    Though in a non competitive environment I would agree with you: it doesn't.

What superior items?

Originally posted by Agricola1

Yeah but you have a dog and some goggles and will look like the k3wlest d3wd in the grand canyon ;)

Yes, I can now RP scenes from a boy and his dog. This is clearly OP.

Originally posted by Aethaeryn
    The game has PvP and multi-player. . if something gives you an advantage it affects my gameplay. If I decide I hate you at level 1 and you are level 1. . potentially the extra slots for storage mean less trips to town and faster progression.

Single player game sure. . buy the LE edition and get your nice gear. . doesn't affect me. . same game world and PvP it does. I consider online games competative to a degree and this is why I like to play. If It is not an even playing field I am not interested.

Did you buy the pre-order? You dirty cheater you.

----------

How are you?" -Me

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

[Mod Edit]

Every time someone buys the dog and/or goggles from the cash shop, a surly midget comes out of the crawlspace and punches me in the nads! So stop it you bastards!

Of course the answer you are looking for is it doesn't affect me in the slightest. And actually that is the answer I would have given you a couple of hours ago. These are just needless fluff items. They don't do anything to enhance the game experience. But you know what? They just might be a problem for that very reason. If they are pointless fluff why the hell are they wasting effort putting them in game? Ok sure they might make the company a bit more cash to help the game along, but I feel their effort could be better spent just working on the parts of the game that do matter. Maybe then they could get more people to play this game and wouldn't have the need to sell already paying customers frivolous trash.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

Originally posted by Tardcore

[Mod Edit]

Every time someone buys the dog and/or goggles from the cash shop, a surly midget comes out of the crawlspace and punches me in the nads! So stop it you bastards!

Of course the answer you are looking for is it doesn't affect me in the slightest. And actually that is the answer I would have given you a couple of hours ago. These are just needless fluff items. They don't do anything to enhance the game experience. But you know what? They just might be a problem for that very reason. If they are pointless fluff why the hell are they wasting effort putting them in game? Ok sure they might make the company a bit more cash to help the game along, but I feel their effort could be better spent just working on the parts of the game that do matter. Maybe then they could get more people to play this game and wouldn't have the need to sell already paying customers frivolous trash.

Yes, a goggle and a reskined mob is the equilivent amount of time to make as a full blwn dungion or quest line. Come on now. My entire reasion for this thread was to point out the seastionalisim.

It worked, you guys (and gals) are like broken records.

----------

How are you?" -Me

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941

Originally posted by Tardcore

[Mod Edit]

Yes, a goggle and a reskined mob is the equilivent amount of time to make as a full blwn dungion or quest line. Come on now. My entire reasion for this thread was to point out the seastionalisim.

It worked, you guys (and gals) are like broken records.

If it was just that then why did you bought it?

This discussion has been closed.