Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Immediate problems found after 15 minutes.

GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

The game is beautiful. I actually like the first person view, and the blurred turning to make everything realistic, and the fighting and everything looks like it might be fun later on. 

There are a few issues at the start of the game that are just strange...

1)  You start with weapons and all that, which look like they could easily take out a a small pig, right? Wrong.

Instead, I have to chop trees to get my attributes up just to have the opportunity to kill some pigs. With my starting attributes, I'm so weak, that I can't even HURT the pig. The pig can hurt me though. 

You can't hurt other players either right away. 

They're forcing you to grind-chop trees just to be able to do anything even remotely close to fighting and killing something.

2)    The chat system is underwhelming. They don't give any information on how to use it, and the only thing I know about it so far, is there's local chat, and I can yell  to go to a wider range. 

There's been a few people asking how to whisper others in-game, and I'll try to figure that out later.

3)     The lack of even pop-up tips on how to progress through the game at the beginning might be an issue to some people. I was prepared for it before going into the game, so I just looked things up in the "User Guide" in the main menu. Though it doesn't make everything 100% clear, like if I want to chop trees, I can't be dual-wielding weapons like I started out with, I have to unequip my offhand and keep my pickaxe equipped in the main hand. 

I'm gonna keep going and see how things progress. The game looks like it has potential for later on, but the beginning is not exactly what you'd call fun or exciting. 

Also, the server went down when I was typing this and I can't head back in right now. /cry

Comments

• shazuginshazugin Member UncommonPosts: 70

Originally posted by Gajari

The game is beautiful. I actually like the first person view, and the blurred turning to make everything realistic, and the fighting and everything looks like it might be fun later on. 

There are a few issues at the start of the game that are just strange...

1)  You start with weapons and all that, which look like they could easily take out a a small pig, right? Wrong.

Instead, I have to chop trees to get my attributes up just to have the opportunity to kill some pigs. With my starting attributes, I'm so weak, that I can't even HURT the pig. The pig can hurt me though. 

You can't hurt other players either right away. 

They're forcing you to grind-chop trees just to be able to do anything even remotely close to fighting and killing something.

2)    The chat system is underwhelming. They don't give any information on how to use it, and the only thing I know about it so far, is there's local chat, and I can yell  to go to a wider range. 

There's been a few people asking how to whisper others in-game, and I'll try to figure that out later.

3)     The lack of even pop-up tips on how to progress through the game at the beginning might be an issue to some people. I was prepared for it before going into the game, so I just looked things up in the "User Guide" in the main menu. Though it doesn't make everything 100% clear, like if I want to chop trees, I can't be dual-wielding weapons like I started out with, I have to unequip my offhand and keep my pickaxe equipped in the main hand. 

I'm gonna keep going and see how things progress. The game looks like it has potential for later on, but the beginning is not exactly what you'd call fun or exciting. 

Also, the server went down when I was typing this and I can't head back in right now. /cry

Think of hurting the pig this way, You have just appeared in a strange land as a pussy ass weak piece of shit and you need to become unpussyassweakpieceofshit so to do this you need to start chopping some pussy ass trees.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

1) The starter axe isn't really a weapon, try using the SWORD that also came with your character.

2) There is no global chat, just local chat.. as you hit ENTER, then type. (not hard to figure out)

3) Agree, the help menu could be more helpful.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Originally posted by Phelcher

1) The starter axe isn't really a weapon, try using the SWORD that also came with your character.

2) There is no global chat, just local chat.. as you hit ENTER, then type. (not hard to figure out)

3) Agree, the help menu could be more helpful.

Yes, figuring out how to USE the chat, but I was expecting you to at least be able to whisper other players, not just have local. Not really sure how guilds would be able to function, but I guess I don't know much about that area just yet.

And I tried using the sword to hit the pig, as  I was dual wielding and hitting with them both.

EDIT: Ok, thanks for the info, apparently the sword being in the main hand made all the difference, and now I can actually kill things!

• dummenumsedummenumse Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by shazugin

Think of hurting the pig this way, You have just appeared in a strange land as a pussy ass weak piece of shit and you need to become unpussyassweakpieceofshit so to do this you need to start chopping some pussy ass trees.

Haha, true story...

less whinin' more choppin'

If you want to hire Machete to kill the bad guys, you better make damn sure the bad guy isnt you!