Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All Points Bulletin: Which Side Are You On?

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Enforcer... and its fun.. the character creater took a little getting used to, some of the sliders are 'hidden' you have to left click/drag to get the effects, but it seems to be extremely flexible, liked being able to 'mod' clothing for extra effects etc, and car colours/decals etc, though having to level up the 'fashionista etc' was..  well i guess all games have to have some grind these days.. the team based gameplay is awesome, hanging out of the car windows with 'everyone' doing drive by shooting at each other.. makes me wonder if Enforcers aren't closet crims.... but its fun.. and its a shooter game... can't wait till the game gets out of the Kttc stage.. 5 hrs isnt much time really..

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

Originally posted by Phry

Enforcer... and its fun.. the character creater took a little getting used to, some of the sliders are 'hidden' you have to left click/drag to get the effects, but it seems to be extremely flexible, liked being able to 'mod' clothing for extra effects etc, and car colours/decals etc, though having to level up the 'fashionista etc' was..  well i guess all games have to have some grind these days.. the team based gameplay is awesome, hanging out of the car windows with 'everyone' doing drive by shooting at each other.. makes me wonder if Enforcers aren't closet crims.... but its fun.. and its a shooter game... can't wait till the game gets out of the Kttc stage.. 5 hrs isnt much time really..

Was about to say something really similar so I guess I'm just gonna give a +1 on this one.

Great game, can't wait for official release.. 2 weeks to wait again !

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

Originally posted by khaelf

Originally posted by matrixvs

just wondering putting aside the monthly pay issue ... how menny players can be near eachother and i dont mean max map numbers i realy mean like ppl doing the same "grab the bad guy" cant realy see 50/50 in one area

It doesn't really matter how many players can enter the same district, it's not like you're going to get to fight or interact with them in any way... The way their shitty PVP system works is, you get a mission to (for example) pick up a suitcase and deliver it somewhere, and at the same time some guy from the opposing faction gets a mission to defend the suitcase and, if he fails that, stop you from delivering it. You are now flagged and can fight each other until the time runs out; there's always a timelimit. You can both call for backup and invite more people to join you, the teams don't have to be even. That's how it works in the first two or three districts. Maybe it gets better later on? I doubt it and frankly, I don't care. Graphics wise, the game is ok at best, and yet its performance and stability leave a lot to be desired. The combat system is so dull and random that I wouldn't want to play it if they were giving the game away for free. And I'm sure they will be at some point, as there's no way a joke of a PVP MMO like this is going to get very far with that kind of price tag and subscription model.

this probably explains why I found myself getting my butt ahdned to me on a plate.

I eventually completed a mission (tagged onto someone elses) and got Detective 1, ran another mission and this time (I still have starter gear) and I was getting 1 shotted by the Crims, grenades into the whole area, seemed really imbalanced.

Only thing it has done is made me cancel my pre-order, shame really as it looked very lush

• HUn73rHUn73r Member Posts: 123

APB = hackers heaven

• GevaudenGevauden Member Posts: 21

This is sad I have lost faith in MMORPG.coms community I thought you of all people would know and see what a good game this is and what it had to offer. But all I see is people complaining about graphics and load time which all leads to your computer that obviously can't handle it and since it can't you get mad lol and bring your hate here which is pathetic.

The fact that you couldn't fine the fun in this game concerns me for the future of games, you keep comparing games to something else let new game try new things.

And I thought Gamefaqs was full of negative trolls boy was I wrong there all in here you guys who hate this game for your pety reasons sicken me and you'll never be my friend now leave me alone.

APB = The Best MMO of 2010

• GevaudenGevauden Member Posts: 21

God I hate these litte APB haters on this forum there highly annoying and think ppl care what they have to say about there little tiwsted troll lies.

APV rocks plain and simple, if you don't like this game your taste = BAD

I chose Criminal it's way more fun since if you do bad things the enforcers will be on you and that means they will chase you and you must run, or if your feeling tough you can face them yourself.

It's more fun being chased, tho the enfs can see you, u can't see them.

APB RULES haters DROOL

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Getting killed by your enemy is embarassing!

Getting arrested.. is completly humiliating!...   I'd never roll a crim.

• nacho65nacho65 Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Gevauden

This is sad I have lost faith in MMORPG.coms community I thought you of all people would know and see what a good game this is and what it had to offer. But all I see is people complaining about graphics and load time which all leads to your computer that obviously can't handle it and since it can't you get mad lol and bring your hate here which is pathetic.

Wow if you had any shred of intelligence and stop being a fanboi for just a second and read the APB forums you would know that there is a problem with lag and its all server side. Yes there are some problems with the game, which is to be expected, nothing is going to be perfect the first time. What i'm looking to see is how they handle those issues. I enjoyed the game in all its glory the way it is. I love the customization they have with clothing, cars, and the symbols. Yes the actual combat is a bit odd, yes the system does sometimes pair you up with unfair odds, yes the driving is a bit odd (driving is all done server side), yes everyone has valid points which I completely expect. What it comes down to for me is how they fix all of those issues, if they don't fix them then you know something is up, but if they do go about fixing in a timely fahsion and add more districts and rulesets this game has a ton of potential.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I've had a HELL of a good time in APB so far

I made a kick ass looking character with the Amazing character generator and I've seen some hilariously awesome action in the game.

THATS THE THING ABOUT THE GAME.

Action. Plain and simple.

Like a Schwarzenegger film. "I'm a cop, you Idiot!!"

Its a badass game. Really.

• ghoulieghoulie Member Posts: 17

I'll be on neither side, apparently. I tried to sign up for an account, but they won't send me a verification e-mail so I can finalize account creation. Trying to re-send the e-mail results in an error. I contacted them, but they never responded. :(

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    One thing I've noticed in these comments: APB is not going to work on your integrated graphics laptop or computer, and yes, its time to move to Win 7 64 bit with 4 GB of ram if you want to play games. APB is just the first of many that will want 64 bit, and lets face it, we're never going back to a time where 32 bit will be the desired thing.

So, upgrade your computers already. 2005 is so 5 years ago.

It runs perfectly fine on my AMD Phenom II 965 Quad core with 4 GB of RAM on Win 7, with an ATI 4870 (which is pretty low end), and I have the settings maxed (1920x1200, max detail, etc). My machine is easily had for less than a thousand bucks
    these days.

Here's a CPU and MOBO:
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ965FBGMBOX
    405953MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard
    405953AMD Gift Coupon - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat PC Game VIVA MEDIA Free with purchase!

Original Price: $373.97
    Discount: -$40.99
    Combo Price: $332.98

Case and power supply:

Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    410762Antec TruePower New TP-650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE ...
    Original Price: $219.94
    Discount: -$35.00
    Combo Price: $184.94

RAM and Video (same video card I have):

OCZ Obsidian 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) ... ASUS Radeon HD 4870 EAH4870/2DI/1GD5 Video Card save: $17.00
    Now: $247.48
    $227.48 with Rebate

85 bucks or less for a 1TB drive, 100 bucks for the 64 bit home premium for OEM Win 7...

------

That's a heck of a machine, even with the older video card. And if you don't need the HD or OS, you can spend that 185 bucks saved to get a much fancier one (I haven't been keeping up with the latest NVidia/ATI wars, so I don't know what's the "best" these days).

(BTW, I love that case!)

Gah, wall of text! Sorry about that. I guess I didn't hit enough CR's between lines..

Wish the editor was WYSIWYG.

• nacho65nacho65 Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by ghoulie

I'll be on neither side, apparently. I tried to sign up for an account, but they won't send me a verification e-mail so I can finalize account creation. Trying to re-send the e-mail results in an error. I contacted them, but they never responded. :(

I had a similar issue where i never got an email from them. But i found the verification email sitting in my spam folder. So, i would suggest looking through spam folder if you email provider has that.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by Gevauden

The fact that you couldn't fine the fun in this game concerns me for the future of games, you keep comparing games to something else let new game try new things.

And I thought Gamefaqs was full of negative trolls boy was I wrong there all in here you guys who hate this game for your pety reasons sicken me and you'll never be my friend now leave me alone.

APB = The Best MMO of 2010

What makes APB the best MMO of 2010?

I couldn't care less about the graphic issues or the load times, what bothers me is the shallow game play. Sure the character creator is pretty sweet and you can buy new clothes/cars/weapons but ultimately the game play is lacking. All I did was defend some doors and carry briefcases.

There really is no huge difference between the two factions. I was running around shooting civilians for a bit to get my notoriety up (just to see what happens) and saw a one of the enforcers carjacking an NPC. I've seen enforcers running around randomly shooting civilian NPCs as well.

GTA4 multiplayer is free and much better than this.

• khaelfkhaelf Member Posts: 73

Originally posted by eric_w66

One thing I've noticed in these comments: APB is not going to work on your integrated graphics laptop or computer, and yes, its time to move to Win 7 64 bit with 4 GB of ram if you want to play games. APB is just the first of many that will want 64 bit, and lets face it, we're never going back to a time where 32 bit will be the desired thing. So, upgrade your computers already. 2005 is so 5 years ago.

People like you are the reason developers don't care about optimizing their software anymore. "Works like crap even though it doesn't look like anything special? Just throw another 4GB in and I'm sure it'll be fine!"

APB would pass as decent looking 2-3 years ago, therefore it should run fine on PCs that were sufficient to play games comfortably 2-3 years ago. Next time you'll be ordering something from newegg, be sure to include a clue in your shopping cart before you check out.

One thing I've noticed in these comments: APB is not going to work on your integrated graphics laptop or computer, and yes, its time to move to Win 7 64 bit with 4 GB of ram if you want to play games. APB is just the first of many that will want 64 bit, and lets face it, we're never going back to a time where 32 bit will be the desired thing. So, upgrade your computers already. 2005 is so 5 years ago.

People like you are the reason developers don't care about optimizing their software anymore. "Works like crap even though it doesn't look like anything special? Just throw another 4GB in and I'm sure it'll be fine!"

APB would pass as decent looking 2-3 years ago, therefore it should run fine on PCs that were sufficient to play games comfortably 2-3 years ago. Next time you'll be ordering something from newegg, be sure to include a clue in your shopping cart before you check out.

Here's the part where I mention I build machines that play games fine for 5+ years. Only when games start to get a bit choppy on max settings (Like Aion was on my 5 year old AMD 3800 X2 dual core with 2GB and a 7800GT) do I upgrade PC's, and as you can see, I do it for about 1K. For a wee 200 bucks a year, I get a machine that'll last 5 years of top end game playing. That 5 year old PC played Aion fine at max, but I could tell it was starting to show the strain. So, a year or so ago (August 2009) I built my new machine for about 1K, and that included 200 bucks for win7 ultimate 64 bit.

As you can see, I don't need to buy a clue, as I already had one.

Much like the 1.31 patch for WW2 Online has caused some older machines to no longer be able to play the game because system requirements went up... to about 2005. I'm sorry, if you can't afford a $1000 machine every decade, I don't know what to say.

Should RTW try to optimize the game more? Sure. That's a never ending process (see WW2 online again). But to say: Well, that CPU from 2005 should still run the game at max settings at 100fps is silly beyond comprehension.

APB passes as "awesome looking" right now. Not sure where you can get better MMO graphics outside the fantasy realms like Aion, which has a ton less customization options, and no fast moving combat.

• TavvraTavvra 2029 CorrespondentMember Posts: 112

how bout the side that can't get the fucking game to run, next question.

"Yea, I've been drinking again.."

• khaelfkhaelf Member Posts: 73

Here's the part where I mention I build machines that play games fine for 5+ years.

Thanks for sharing, your parents must be proud. The game doesn't even come close to "awesome looking" by today's standards and it plays like crap on hardware that can easily run new games that actually do look awesome... I don't know how my 10 year old PC does that, but since I can't be bothered to go through any more of your drivel, let's just say it's magic.

• TavvraTavvra 2029 CorrespondentMember Posts: 112

Here's the part where I mention I build machines that play games fine for 5+ years.

Thanks for sharing, your parents must be proud. The game doesn't even come close to "awesome looking" by today's standards and it plays like crap on hardware that can easily run new games that actually do look awesome... I don't know how my 10 year old PC does that, but since I can't be bothered to go through any more of your drivel, let's just say it's magic.

My PC runs on Black Majik so HAH I got you beat!

"Yea, I've been drinking again.."

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Originally posted by heartless

The insane amount of fun it has. Where you have to find fun in other MMG titles. They got fun right first.

However, if you are not a shooter fan, you will not like this title, it has progression, but this is not an RPG in the traditional sense. Giant shoulder pads will not improve your skill with this game. Playing solo is also not advised.

Game is about PvP and the hilarity that comes with it, if you need quests and constant direction, this isn't a game for you, its not about the missions (though that one of the many ways to unlock things) its about what happens between point A and B.

I know that if you accustomed to bland gameplay that the point of is the reward (Wack a foozle), this will be a paradigm shift for you. Because the game isn't about the rewards, but the game play.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• TechnoMonkeyTechnoMonkey Member UncommonPosts: 93

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

The insane amount of fun it has. Where you have to find fun in other MMG titles. They got fun right first.

However, if you are not a shooter fan, you will not like this title, it has progression, but this is not an RPG in the traditional sense. Giant shoulder pads will not improve your skill with this game. Playing solo is also not advised.

Game is about PvP and the hilarity that comes with it, if you need quests and constant direction, this isn't a game for you, its not about the missions (though that one of the many ways to unlock things) its about what happens between point A and B.

I know that if you accustomed to bland gameplay that the point of is the reward (Wack a foozle), this will be a paradigm shift for you. Because the game isn't about the rewards, but the game play.

this game is about the gameplay??? what gameplay? you mean running around shooting with an aiming system from 1999? as for the "insane amount of fun" yes, for the first ten minutes... then it's just repeating the same actions over and over. Pretty great looking game, too bad they didn't create content for it. Yeah I'm on the side that won't be playing :D

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Enforcer here because well.... Since UO i've been a blue (Innocent, good guy, w/e you want to call it) and I only go red when I can't find any reds. 

APB for me is the ultimate red vs. blue PvP game. Love the gameplay, love the fun from the word go, love the customization, love the fact that I don't have to spend hours on end grinding or doing any number of other repetitive tasks to get to a point where I can have fun. 

Mechanics are very nice, performance is great I've had 0 lag and I keep the game on max settings even frapsed while playing on max for an hour without hitting anything that resembled a hiccup. 

Tried it out of boredom and was surprised by how much I liked it, even more surprising I pre-ordered it. 

Also looking forward to some street racing after launch :) hopefully the devs have a patch or an expansion in the future dedicated to racing and the vehicle upgrades etc. This game is begging for some burnout style racing lol. Until then I am sure we can organize our own. 

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by TechnoMonkey

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

this game is about the gameplay??? what gameplay? you mean running around shooting with an aiming system from 1999? as for the "insane amount of fun" yes, for the first ten minutes... then it's just repeating the same actions over and over. Pretty great looking game, too bad they didn't create content for it. Yeah I'm on the side that won't be playing :D

To me the game should be more geared towards user created content. They have a great start on that already and having players as your enemy and not some asinine AI that bugs out all the time and simply can not provide much or a challenge or entertainment and becomes beyond predictable very quickly helps a ton. 

Clan Warfare and an FFA district are supposed to be in soon which will just add to the game. 

In any case, it's just pretty sweet that even with the game being instanced it has a lot more sandbox features than any other MMO out currently with very few exceptions. User made content is what I hope to see the most. 

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

APB andi ts makers are buch of asses.   wtf was the point of a "5 hours"  test.    I did it ofc  come to find out somehting went wrong in the installaiton  or patching becuase I wasnt able to customize the characters, details or anyhting.   one of the buttons worked.     and with  5 hours  your forum acct isnt even active.    so theres none  you can  tell or ASK  wtf is going on.   BTW  paying per minute  plan is bull***    for other games 1 payment of $9-$14  garuntees oyu the month.   this thing  wants money by the hours..       nice if you intented to i dunno.  Never play it.  but to pay out $50 and then  have to pay pere minute.      lol  nah       

On the mechanics side of things   yep  game was fun.      but asinine  pay methods and halfassed beta introduction  left it in the dust. 

It..Burns..

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

APB is hella fun,but not worth a 7-10 dollar sub. I would have been on the Enforcer side. but its honestly not worth $50 and a sub. The 50 Hours you get with the game you will most likely burn in the first week-2weeks,depending on play. They should have at least doubled the amount of "Action Districts" not just the 2 they have now. Id love to play this/try this game in a few months. but not now.