Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide

fil2eflyfil2efly Member Posts: 4

Had the mad thought the other day that i would give planetside a go again (played it for a short time a few years ago) so fiored up a free trial and dispite the low population im having a blast. One thing that i wanted the first time i played was the ability to cert the BFR's however it appears that now hardly anyone players the caverns anymore to getting the BFR imprint will be a real pain in the ass.

I guess what im looking for is someone with a unused/unwanted planetside character with the BFR imprint, not realy botherd about BR or CR and only realy want to sub for a month or so. Long shot but hey :D .

Comments

• DaywolfDaywolf Member Posts: 749

BFR’s have been nerfed for a long time, like paper. The in thing to do now is get your hands on one of those invisible flying contraptions that are nearly invulnerable. You just go around killing players until they quit the game. PS Next I imagine would be more of the same.

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.

• fil2eflyfil2efly Member Posts: 4

Thanks for the input but regardless its what im looking for.

• DaywolfDaywolf Member Posts: 749

yw, but you should probably ask in the PS forums here. I ran my sub for a couple years, I had an Eagle most of that time but played others, and left around the time SWG-NGE was launched as I was paying on Station access at the time and just dumped it all as SWG, EQ1 and PS were all being killed by SOE. PS was already dieing, not because of the graphics but because of the game change choices that were made. I played a bit during the free recruit period but the game was too far off to re-sub imo. I did a resub this year for a month, played two weeks and uninstalled. I don't plan on ever going back or playing any reincarnation of the game, even though at one time it was one of my best all time games. If you are lucky enough to be randomly selected for black ops, you can have fun griefing other players, bout all I see left.

Edit: *looks at following post, decides to just let it die*

(lol hell no, my account is tied to all my lame SOE games)

*hopes games will transfer to another company some day*

M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.

Soe have a bad habit of fucking alot of thngs up and oh i know the game is a shadow of what it once was for sure, but there are still people that play it and imo there is still some enjoyment to be had, that said no one plays the caverns so what i realy want, aka a BFR imprint i cant get regardless of there shit or not :D.  Im just hopeing for someone not to give a shit about there old account and let someone like me use it for a short time :P

• RevollRevoll Member Posts: 3

HAI KERRY!

I thought you were so pissed that they banned you, for no reason, that you'd never play again  =(

Hows the gang?

BTW: just make planetside in SL, it worked for FoM didnt it? =0

P.S. Elwood's rage when he thought you got him banned is still the funniest **** I've ever heard

Yeah i was pissed but after many rage mails to SOE they unbanned me, wana play again because i enjoy the game regardless of its drawbacks but i realy cant be assed  grinding levels and spending years in the caverns hoping somone may come in :/

jst gimi your acc for a month :D

• RevollRevoll Member Posts: 3

lol sorry bro i was 22 / 5 (rank wise) and I deleted my character one day when i got bored XD

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

As you probably have learned already, the caverns get hot some times; when it is; that is the time to go there and get your kills / base caps towards BFR. IMO, anti infantry MAX is king in the caverns; and I went after enemies with wreckless rage. So there's a room full of nme? So what, I charge in and pick one particular player; usually near the corner; and box him in and unload on him.

I noticed that sort of assertiveness usually caused the victim to practically freeze up; they were easy kills. Just got to do that 75 times and voila.

The real fun comes in getting your single-seater bfr (sarcasm). It took me two weeks of dedication and often frustration to get 15 kills in a row without dying. Several times I made it to 14 kills and then got fragged.

But you learn a lot about piloting a BFR in that time; so if you see a single-seater BFR the odds are its is not easily ganked by a cloaker or anti-bfr squad.

BFRs are fun; and they are one of the few units that can cause front-lines to shift.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit