Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't like boxy maps

I know this will sound petty, especially to fans, but I just think an mmo developer should make every effort to make travel "seem" seamless and natural between zones.  I love almost every other aspect of this game, I've bought it and play regularly now.  I think it should be #1 in sales and population right now while we wait for wow2 or whatever but this is my only complaint:  I pull up my map and it's a box.  At first I thought I was looking at a viewing area and that I could scroll or travel past the four edges of the box.  Nope.  It represents real borders.  You go to any edge of the map and if there isn't a natural barrier like a ridgeline you can't cross there are invisible walls.  Bad news for any game.  Invisible walls are sloppy and really take away from immersion and fun out of traveling.  I have no problem with zones loading into eachother and being instanced, just make it more realistic.  In all it doesn't affect the the experience a whole lot.

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

the new maps from Rise of the God Slayer are much bigger and very open. wile they still have the invisible walls arround the edges they are much better then old world maps.

• CrosswireCrosswire Member UncommonPosts: 264

Penalty being, your frame rate will half and very long load times.