Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is more question for the Female Roleplayers out there.

2»

Comments

• kalligirlkalligirl Member Posts: 8

I agree with the post above. I play to play not to date. But if you do meet someone online so what? People do that all the time, just most the gamer boys aren't my type unless you surf :-/

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

Originally posted by shalissar

OP has some sort of a point ... I think. Females don't ruin roleplay, bad roleplayers ruin roleplay. However, because females tend to get a lot more attention, I think it's a little more pronounced. A male roleplayer starting up implausible or trivial crap would just be ignored for the majority of the time, a female doing the same thing draws in all the males who just can't pass up a bit of cyber lovin'. I was in a community of mostly female rp'ers and the whole thing just turned into an episode of 90210. Damn the mutants and monsters running around, damn the people killing eachother endlessly over territory, what's-his-face is now going out with "that girl"! Bleh, I say! BLEH!

Oh that OP is ME , and only a couple of people  followed the whole thread , when i gave away why i wanted replies .

Its good to gauge the community and see what people nowadays thinks .

And yes i been in all female guilds , who tought of me as big sister .

I have been in almost every kind of MMORPG , and i found it funny that women always want to play to get attention .

And infact the worst are the male playing women to get free attention or pretending to be women to gain free attention .

Nowdays with teamspeak and other microphones and stuff , its very hard to pull off , yes i can ask my wife to help me cheat .

And play a prank , thats not the issue .

I just found most people dont bother to seek the reason why i posted this , and love to read about the comment .

I am trying to find a date LMAO , sorry if i want to find a date , i dont have a hardtime in real life , to get a date !

That i am happily settled , doesn´t mean i am still not curious about how people percieve the roleplay .

I am still curious how few women try to play male toons , even with the advance of equel rights .

So much for feministic behaviours , and not wanting to experience the men world of being ignored .

Female GAMERS are nothing special to me nowadays , infact i see them worst then male gamers .

Cause female gamers in majority , are worst then male gamers , they are infact the worst drama queens .

(note the word majority not all of you ) they still want to be treated like a old fashion princess under the guise of equel rights .

Here now enough people making a fool of themselfs , hope i dont have to come here once in a while to make fun again .

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

I'm sorry but this is probably one of the most hilarious threads here on MMORPG.com, probably only outperformed by those "MMO ... will have boobs!" ones.

I used to play only female chars and often went for mostly sexual roles (stripper, prostitute and whatever else)and in the end I WAS dared to also play male characters because I kept complaining that most male chars just fail in the tease and flirt games. For me it's absolutely not understandable why you make such a big fuss over it. The difference is if existent at all then very small. If you manage to play such roles decently then you sooner or later WILL have people hitting on you even if you keep your RL gender secret.

And thanks for making me feel so special. It sounds like I truly am special and unique for I am none of those female gamers that play to hook up, desperately cling to virtual romances and wave their XX chromosomes around in the hope to get jumped.

With such an attitude the best a guy ever could become for me online is a sort of sister that would never get more than a pat on the head too *winks*

So get over the frustration that you so openly voiced in your initial post. I for once see the issues rather on your end there instead of anywhere else.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Hehe funny post, were to start.

First off, most female players do not seek a a romantic intrest in roleplay at all, infact most females I have known over the past two decades tend to play the either the very self aware strong female who bosses others around (kinda) or they tend to be less secure in RL and reflect that upon thier roleplay , and the last ones tend to become rather emotinal and "messed up" if they get a to strong connection presented to them in roleplay.  they seek friends only and plain and simple fun.

Im a Male, and I only play Females, I seek the extreme in roleplay doing what i cant be in real life not shy of any dark border. If I would not say so any male would think I be a female player, had it happen a few times where in some random guild or player meetup people would start calling me "babe" and sweet in RL (OOC) chatter.

Im often fairly quick to warn people im a male when sutch things start to happen as I have no boundaries in RP but RL is a whole other mather.

As for Female thinking I would be a Female in RL, it has happed more then once were a female player sudently out of nowere /tell <me> that she thinks a guy is cute,nice whatever. I usaly reply whit a simple :) or "hehe" and make reread my bio page were it should state that im a male. if a roleplayer does not read someones Bio then i cant help it if they get fooled. (same goos for guys)

If she or he would continue to make gender "restricted" remarks I tend to just say someting that makes clear what I am in RL. Like "/tell  Damn I wish woman had butts like that in RL. so they either think in Male or a Lesbian. usaly does the trick.

Never hide who or waht you are. it only leads to drama and makes the game no longer fun to play for both sides.

Seeking RL relations being a casual player (either male or female) is hard, if your a roleplayer then it becomes near to impossible becourse roleplayers tend to be some of the best actors you will find.

If your realy wana find a date and are RL shy use a social site, use dating sites. dont mess whit a medium that is supose to be for entertainment only. the drama I have seen past decades....

• livremlivrem Member Posts: 20

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Okay, I don't know how "unique" what I have to say will be, but I, for one, OP, think you are "RPing" for ALL the wrong reasons.

I'm female, I do RP, I sometimes RP females, sometimes males. To me, RP is sort of like acting. I am playing a ROLE. I am not "searching" for anything other than fun people to RP with.  I don't think MOST RP'ers RP to "hook up."  Hooking up has nothing to DO with RP. They are mutually exclusive things, one doesn't require a desire for the other.

Perhaps when you start RPing because you enjoy the creativity and acting of it, some woman MIGHT see you as GENUINE and take an interest.  But most of us are also fairly good at spotting a bullshitter.  A bullshitter is someone that doesn't care about RP for the sake of RP, but uses it as a TOOL with which to manipulate other people.  NOT COOL, and certainly NOT attractive.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by drake_hound

Originally posted by shalissar

OP has some sort of a point ... I think. Females don't ruin roleplay, bad roleplayers ruin roleplay. However, because females tend to get a lot more attention, I think it's a little more pronounced. A male roleplayer starting up implausible or trivial crap would just be ignored for the majority of the time, a female doing the same thing draws in all the males who just can't pass up a bit of cyber lovin'. I was in a community of mostly female rp'ers and the whole thing just turned into an episode of 90210. Damn the mutants and monsters running around, damn the people killing eachother endlessly over territory, what's-his-face is now going out with "that girl"! Bleh, I say! BLEH!

Oh that OP is ME , and only a couple of people  followed the whole thread , when i gave away why i wanted replies .

Its good to gauge the community and see what people nowadays thinks .

And yes i been in all female guilds , who tought of me as big sister .

I have been in almost every kind of MMORPG , and i found it funny that women always want to play to get attention .

And infact the worst are the male playing women to get free attention or pretending to be women to gain free attention .

Nowdays with teamspeak and other microphones and stuff , its very hard to pull off , yes i can ask my wife to help me cheat .

And play a prank , thats not the issue .

I just found most people dont bother to seek the reason why i posted this , and love to read about the comment .

I am trying to find a date LMAO , sorry if i want to find a date , i dont have a hardtime in real life , to get a date !

That i am happily settled , doesn´t mean i am still not curious about how people percieve the roleplay .

I am still curious how few women try to play male toons , even with the advance of equel rights .

So much for feministic behaviours , and not wanting to experience the men world of being ignored .

Female GAMERS are nothing special to me nowadays , infact i see them worst then male gamers .

Cause female gamers in majority , are worst then male gamers , they are infact the worst drama queens .

(note the word majority not all of you ) they still want to be treated like a old fashion princess under the guise of equel rights .

Here now enough people making a fool of themselfs , hope i dont have to come here once in a while to make fun again .

Gee, you're just so charming and the things you think of women so endearing....I don't know how it is that some female gamer hasn't swept you off your feet.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

I am very charming , see how many people call themself roleplayers .

When i give them all they need to know , in short paragraphs , that they are too lazy to even bother to read them .

This generation of roleplayers , already made up everything in there mind !!

Even after i posted such endearing self proclomation about this topic .

They still are stuck in there own minds , that i must be out there looking for a date .

Essence of ROLEPLAY , is to keep up the fascade no matter what happens.

IT DOESN¨T MEAN YOU DO NOT READ OTHER PEOPLES LINES !!

Something already 90% failed , i wrote garbage , cause i want to write garbage . so interpeted your own way .

I write sensible cause i want to write sensible , that you pull the meaning of a sensible text the other way .

Makes me even feel, half the people really have a screw lose nowadays .

1st DEAR GENTLEMEN AND LADIES .....

I am not looking for a date , or a quick flirt or a fling or some worthless online attention .

I posted this garbage a while back when i wanted to gauge the community at mmorpg .

That i was going to be trolled , thats acceptable , But dont expect me to have mercy in my own thread .

Especially not from people , who have a real problem understanding one and other .

2nd Ladies and gentlemen .

TO BE A ROLEPLAYER , you have to be able to act out the role .

Meanign taking all equation and responses in FAIR estimate , READING COMPREHENSION is one of them .

3rd Ladies and gentlemen

I do not care about the gender , i care about respect .

RESPECT HAS TO BE EARNED ,

No matter if its FEMALE gamer , or a MALE gamer .

4th Ladies and Gentlemen

SELFCONFIDENCE

Nobody is looking for a person in real life , who is not confident of themself .

MIRROR is always the best teacher .

You looking for somebody who understands you ?

If you cannot understand yourself ?

You hope they will have pitty on you , when you cannot even stand yourself ?

Most people wonder whats wrong nowadays , well dears i already know whats wrong.

People really have a hard time communicating with one and other .

Cause they cannot even talk to themselfs anymore .

But dont worry the next person will come along and put a picard sign .

Cause thats cool in a roleplay thread , and next person will have in there mind , OP must be looking for a date .

And some will feel hurt , cause without even reading I am already settled .

That i FAIL and other stupid remark , but thats allright .

After all its a roleplay thread , ME MESELF AND I always is RIGHT  in there mind .

ME MESELF CAN NEVER BE MADE TO LOOK IDIOTIC IN RESPONSE .

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

Originally posted by drake_hound
    i wrote garbage , cause i want to write garbage
    I posted this garbage a while back when i wanted to gauge the community at mmorpg

So with admitting that what you wrote is garbage that point is settled. I'm glad you saw reason and admitted it. Happy RPing or whatever it is that you do there *winks*

• AteraanAteraan Member Posts: 36

As the administrator of a game that has fifty percent women on it, I have to say that most conduct themselves no better or worse than the men that play. In other words, women are good roleplayers, men are good roleplayers, both sometimes go for the romantic roleplay, both go for adventure roleplayer, both go for political roleplay, both go for religious roleplay, and both go for social roleplay.

What differences do I see? Generally speaking (and many break this generalization):

Women lean toward Good/Neutral characters.

Men lean lean toward Neutral/Evil characters

Women tend to lean toward fairness in most situations.

Men don't care if it is fair or not as long as they are on the winning side.

Women enjoy depth of interaction, longer emotes, storytelling, and crafting.

Men enjoy quick results from interaction (sell something make a deal), shorter emotes, and finding good gear

Women enjoy group adventuring or roleplaying when it means structure and interaction

Men enjoy group adventuring or roleplaying when it means power hunting.

Women dislike invasions where half the town dies.

Men like invasions if half the town dies as long as they aren't one of the dead.

These are just some of the differences.image

TORG - Text Only Roleplaying Game, the only way to go. http://www.ateraan.com