Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sometimes they come back...

dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Very rarely do I ever give a game a second chance if I didn't like it first time around.  The first time was Eve (which I'm still playing) and now Vanguard.  I will give credit where credit is due, that game has improved quite a bit since I first played at release.  The game did not crash once nor did I fall through the world (something that happened to me constantly the first time around) and I didn't notice any mobs walking through walls.  Most importantly though, for the first 10 levels, I had fun.

I've always liked the class design and the diplomacy system is really unique.  I had no trouble getting groups at low levels.  Another first in my mmorpg career is that I really enjoyed playing as a healer class (Blood Mage).

Sadly the importantance of a good first impression cannot be overstated.  I will not be resubscribing because I don't want to leave my current mmo and I don't have time to play two games.

Good luck to Vanguard and it's players.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
-- Herman Melville