Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what kind of game is EVE?

GeorgeCGeorgeC Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Darkbackward
The walking talking advertisement, what he didn't tell you was the emptiness, the sheer empmtiness of the game.

Wicca wicca boom boom wicca wicca boom

i played eve since day of release i had 2 battleships and loads of uber loot including miner2's

but the game got boring after a while it's a great game don't get me wrong but it needs new content fast plus the storyline is so slow plus it is a game where you need to join a corp(clan) as there is not much you can do freelancing

Comments

• stockstock Member Posts: 1
    yea it gets pretty boring if u have nothing to do; then again if ur in a corp. then there is alwayz something to do. i loving pirate hunting personally, although i have been killed by more advance player. just to let u know if u do get the game stay the hell away from the MOO corp. those F#ckers locked up my weapon and warp drive so basically i was a sitting duck in the middle of space while they (7 of them) launched like 13 torpedos at me; so u alwayz have to watch ur back. overall its a good game that needs patience. and yes some skills do take 3-4 days in some cases 1 week

• WarcriminalWarcriminal Member Posts: 244

I tried this game for a month or so. Its very hard core. PvP is mercyless and It takes a lot of time, to progress. I think I would have continued playing it if I wasen't allready playing AO "full time" :). Just did not have the time to spend on mining :) Did get into a corp and met some nice people.

First I hated it because it IS a very merciless game in all aspects, but the more I played I really got into the mood of the game. Its cutthrought and not for the the timid. not a kiddies game for sure!

Cold as space...and really stylish. 

• FroztwolfFroztwolf Member Posts: 56

I think the reason a lot of people are complaining about boredom and lack of content is because they really arent playing the game to its full potential. May also be due to the fact that in general the game can be really slow-paced. (Except for the frantic moments when you realized you just jumped into a player pirate blockade and will be destroyed, podded and looted within the next two minutes!)

Alot of people concentrate way to much on the mining and agent mission aspects of the game, not realizing that most of the fun factor lies in things that have not been scripted. Making profit on the trade channel, participating in inter-alliance politics or just plain getting back at the mother who destroyed yout battleship last week. There is a lot of fun to be had but for the most parts you have to find it yourself. It is not brought to you on a silver platter. The game is thought as a universe simulation and not just ship bashing. (Refer to the EQ in space analogy to see what EVE is NOT! )

The learning curve is considerably steeper then in most compareable games but it makes it altogether more interesting once you finally know what its all about.

There will be a huge upgrade and content update before cristmas (TL II patch) and with the added complexity that will bring I think even the ones that have complained the loudest should have enough content to keep them buzy for a while. Lets just hope it will have a managable amount of bugs :S

This discussion has been closed.