Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just to prove how unable Cryptic is to keep up

RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Take a look at their main page.. under "Upcoming Events"...  This is June 3rd, and they can't even get their upcoming events up to date... GET with the program boys and girls.. Is it that difficult to keep the website UP TO DATE? 

BTW, that isn't the only outdated info on the website..

PS.. I even emailed Cryptic/Atari over a month ago to let them know their site was out of date.. no reply, and still no corrections.. Is keeping the cash shop up to date the only thing they focus on?

Comments

• TrioxicTrioxic Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by Rydeson

Take a look at their main page.. under "Upcoming Events"...  This is June 3rd, and they can't even get their upcoming events up to date... GET with the program boys and girls.. Is it that difficult to keep the website UP TO DATE? 

PS.. I even emailed Cryptic/Atari over a month ago to let them know their site was out of date.. no reply, and still no corrections.. Is keeping the cash shop up to date the only thing they focus on?

Ex-players and myself believe that STO is about to go under because of the great exodus from the game. A friend of mine can't even find enough players to pug a dungeon at times because no one is around. Perhaps he is being a skeptic but I think Cryptic is nail biting right now do to the fact  they made a PC game instead of an mmo I guess its not about having fun and making things challenging its always about the money money money, then the honey. 

• Mopar63Mopar63 Member UncommonPosts: 300

That is too funny, you are worried about a game because a website is out of date, that never happened with other games did it? ROFLMAO..

As for the great exodus, seems odd since I run into tons of new players everyday and have ZERO issue finding people to run missions with. In fact I know quite a few fleets that are growing fairly quickly. Thats okay though, if you do not want to play then don't thnat is your choice. Personally I am having a blast.

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476

This thread is very untrue. Started playing the game this past weekend, had a blast and there were players everywhere.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Originally posted by Mopar63

That is too funny, you are worried about a game because a website is out of date, that never happened with other games did it? ROFLMAO..

Not the good ones.

As for the great exodus, seems odd since I run into tons of new players everyday and have ZERO issue finding people to run missions with. In fact I know quite a few fleets that are growing fairly quickly. Thats okay though, if you do not want to play then don't thnat is your choice. Personally I am having a blast.

SHENANIGANS

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• jotulljotull Member Posts: 256

Yes surely this spells th3 doomzor for Cryptic. image

The  hate machine is grasping at straws.

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579

I've got nothing against cryptic or STO itself as i enjoyed my time in it, i left due to the game simply not being what i personally would have liked it to be.

No exploration was a hit for me (don't even attempt to pass off the "grinding" sectors that you do 3 systems of to complete a repeatable mission)

The crafting was abysmal if you can call it crafting.

To me (a star trek fan for over 20 years) the game is merely a combat MMO set within the Star Trek Genre, it has nothing to do with what Star Trek was all about (aside from the ships and lore before you start on that)

it's not a fail or anything like that and it's not a company killer, it's just not what a star trek game should be like.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

As for the great exodus, seems odd since I run into tons of new players everyday and have ZERO issue finding people to run missions with. In fact I know quite a few fleets that are growing fairly quickly.

ROFLMAO.  That is all.

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

what chya expect? this game was dead when they took 2 years to re-mod their CO engine into a "mmo"

I play all ghame

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177

Are we talking about the same game?  I play maybe two hours a day doing my daily missions and hardly ever see anyone in the area.  I have also sat there for an hour trying to get a group together to do the raids and maybe if I am lucky I can get one or two others to join.  I keep reading how people have no problem getting groups together to do missions but from what I see, that is not true.  My fleet is almost gone and the ones that are still there hardly ever log into the game.  Maybe when they raise the level cap there will be more people for atleast a week because after that everyone will hit the level cap again.

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

They've always had problems keeping it up to date, so this is nothing new. They just recently updated CO's website to resemble the style used on the STO website, so don't be expecting timely updates to the STO website. All it means is that Cryptic sucks at keeping their websites up to date.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

Originally posted by ScribbleLay1

Are we talking about the same game?  I play maybe two hours a day doing my daily missions and hardly ever see anyone in the area.  I have also sat there for an hour trying to get a group together to do the raids and maybe if I am lucky I can get one or two others to join.  I keep reading how people have no problem getting groups together to do missions but from what I see, that is not true.  My fleet is almost gone and the ones that are still there hardly ever log into the game.  Maybe when they raise the level cap there will be more people for atleast a week because after that everyone will hit the level cap again.

Becuase of my work I can log in off and on all day long. I have yet to log on and not see a good amount of people online. My own fleet actually maxed out our Vent server the last few nights. We have a good mix of veteran and noob players and we are all having a blast.

For a game that is dying it sure seems aweful busy.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Becuase of my work I can log in off and on all day long. I have yet to log on and not see a good amount of people online. My own fleet actually maxed out our Vent server the last few nights. We have a good mix of veteran and noob players and we are all having a blast.

Well.. since your guild/group/fleet seems to the the HOT spot of the universe.. Why not share it with other players here on the forums that are strugling to find groups..  I'm sure you would be MORE THEN HAPPY to have more friends to join your very active guild..  Don't worry about people actually verifying if what you say is true or not.. I'm sure that would never happen..

Feel free to use this thread as your "Join our active fleet" invitation..  I won't complain.. TY

have a great day :)

• KitKat1KitKat1 Member Posts: 33

Hi M8t .. I am a lifer and seem to be having the same problem with finding people to fleet up with. I am no sure what TZ you are in but please give me you ingame fleet details i would luv to play with some active players. As all my Ex fleet members have gone missing?

I would luv to join up with you guys...:-)... please.!

I hate the game bye the way... i would like to try the STF's ... if only i could find a fleet.... thats not AFK ?

Well.. since your guild/group/fleet seems to the the HOT spot of the universe.. Why not share it with other players here on the forums that are strugling to find groups..  I'm sure you would be MORE THEN HAPPY to have more friends to join your very active guild..  Don't worry about people actually verifying if what you say is true or not.. I'm sure that would never happen..

Feel free to use this thread as your "Join our active fleet" invitation..  I won't complain.. TY

have a great day :)

The Fleet I am with is the Black Watch Fleet. I would also suggest people consider the 12th Fleet, another solid group.  I do not think I have heard a night pass in some time that the Black Watch has not run some STF.

Originally posted by KitKat1

I hate the game bye the way... i would like to try the STF's ... if only i could find a fleet.... thats not AFK ?

If you hate the game that might be why you have trouble finding people to play with.  I know I have personally kicked people from my goup or left a group because of game hate speach during the play time. I do not mind critisism but I am there to play the game not to listen to some moron bitch about it.

If you hate the game then do not play it, pretty simple really.

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by KitKat1

If you hate the game that might be why you have trouble finding people to play with.  I know I have personally kicked people from my goup or left a group because of game hate speach during the play time. I do not mind critisism but I am there to play the game not to listen to some moron bitch about it.

If you hate the game then do not play it, pretty simple really.

Do you know what hate speech is? Certainly doesn't sound like it.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476

I am a new STO player, but an old MMO veteran and all I can say is the game is fantastic. The only thing that Cryptic needs to work on in order is get the Klingons some love with PvE missions, get the Romulans added, kill bugs, and then add new missions to all three factions.

I'm not going anywhere for a long time!

Originally posted by Gkarn

I am a new STO player, but an old MMO veteran and all I can say is the game is fantastic. The only thing that Cryptic needs to work on in order is get the Klingons some love with PvE missions, get the Romulans added, kill bugs, and then add new missions to all three factions.

Have fun!

I mean that sincerely, glad someone found something they enjoy

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by Gkarn

Ok, now I get it, you are being sarcastic. 

• MaxionVoXMaxionVoX Member Posts: 22

Cryptic is a scam!

The game is a joke.

FTP by the end of the year and the item mall will be 100 pages long...

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

I think people have been too hard on Cryptic.  Obviously the issues with STO and CO are simple internal communication issues - people did not get the memo saying that STO is almost ready for Beta and that CO is about a year away from going Alpha.

It is easy to decide for yourself, since you can demo both through Steam.  Depending on the kind of person you are, it may make a difference which one you try first.

Some will do STO and be all set to complain, but then go ahead and try CO...you'll forget all your complaints and just walk away.

Some will do CO... and while their brain is puddling out in revolt may try STO.  Those are the unlucky souls... cause they may actually think STO a good game after trying CO.

But still, Cryptic could just refund everybody their money in a good show of faith - sell the IPs to companies that can do somethign with them at a heavily discounted price - close up shop, promise never to make another game...and hey, we might just forgive them at that point.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

Originally posted by VirusDancer

I think people have been too hard on Cryptic.  Obviously the issues with STO and CO are simple internal communication issues - people did not get the memo saying that STO is almost ready for Beta and that CO is about a year away from going Alpha.

It is easy to decide for yourself, since you can demo both through Steam.  Depending on the kind of person you are, it may make a difference which one you try first.

Some will do STO and be all set to complain, but then go ahead and try CO...you'll forget all your complaints and just walk away.

Some will do CO... and while their brain is puddling out in revolt may try STO.  Those are the unlucky souls... cause they may actually think STO a good game after trying CO.

But still, Cryptic could just refund everybody their money in a good show of faith - sell the IPs to companies that can do somethign with them at a heavily discounted price - close up shop, promise never to make another game...and hey, we might just forgive them at that point.

Only if we can deploy a live Shoggoth to guard them to make sure they keep their end of the bargain

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

Originally posted by MaxionVoX

Cryptic is a scam!

The game is a joke.

When I saw:

A New And Improved C-Store

Browsing the Cryptic Store in-game is about to become much, much more user-friendly. Now, the items you view as you browse will feature better descriptions and imagery, and we made it easier to buy Cryptic Points, too! Speaking of the C-Store ...

as part of 1.2 I just laughed my ass off. I guess I missed all the people clamoring for a better c store interface among all the post asking for end game content, new factions ect.

• Maverz290Maverz290 Member Posts: 447

Originally posted by bstiff

Originally posted by MaxionVoX

Cryptic is a scam!

The game is a joke.

When I saw:

A New And Improved C-Store

Browsing the Cryptic Store in-game is about to become much, much more user-friendly. Now, the items you view as you browse will feature better descriptions and imagery, and we made it easier to buy Cryptic Points, too! Speaking of the C-Store ...

as part of 1.2 I just laughed my ass off. I guess I missed all the people clamoring for a better c store interface among all the post asking for end game content, new factions ect.

Er yeah I asked for it specifically.

Nah but really, it looks better, and they are obviously more happy with it than we are, but hey. Well done Cryptic.

Oh god I said well done Cryptic...

Mini games, interesting. New faction? Horrifying worryingly interesting. Improved UI? Yeah ok, but it's not a headline.

Longing for Skyrim, The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3

• SpiderpopeSpiderpope Member Posts: 69

Originally posted by saxifr

Originally posted by VirusDancer

Only if we can deploy a live Shoggoth to guard them to make sure they keep their end of the bargain

Sorry but thats against the rules of the RSPEGM (Royal Society for the Protection of  Elder God Minions), you have to watch what you feed them, you do not want to see a Shoggoth with an upset stomach.

Your friendly neighbourhood Spider-pope.