Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sandstorm Patch 1.3 (A) Launches on June 3rd, 2010

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Nice, time to get my dual swords and a vandal boost for my Robo!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Hell, it's about time.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Thats an amazing amount of changes.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

These solo missions are damn tricky.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• Echo08Echo08 Member Posts: 55

Solo Missions.... hardly.... the only thing they are good for is......

I tried it with my sniper recon with a perfect record of  0 for 10 in high security.  The team security seems much harder too.  At this point I'm going to pay a little girl wearing tap shoes to kick the level designer in the shin.  I'm thinking I like a challenge, but perhaps I should try cloud bursting instead.   The PVP is the game is pretty fun.  However, I had to do a few things to make it work for me.

1. Disable City and local chat.  Wow's Barrens chat has nothing on the shear idiotic, stupid, blither of human waste yammering away in this game. 

2. Disable Voice.  Why... well to start the 40 year old egg plant that thinks he is SGT Rock... I have nothing against getting into the game, but I really don't want to listen to you emulating 'Saving Private Ryan'.    And worst yet is the squealing brat with a potty mouth finding fault with everyone else because the team lost and it hurt their rating in the 'game'.  Hello it is a game. 

3. Aimbots.  Despite Hi-Rez claim they are quite prevalent.  With Artifical(RealLOOZER)Aiming's cheat you put the cross hairs somewhere near the target and it does the leading and pokes the target.  You can look at someone using agendastats.com, if they have consistently 30 to 50 kills and near zero deaths... they 'might be' an aimbot (especially sniper recons).  The absolute best I have ever done as a sniper recon is 29 kills and 0 deaths.  Most of the time it's 1 to 2 deaths and between 5 and 8 kills with periodic peaks of over 10 kills.  I'm sorry, but it’s not humanly possible to predict the skipping, zigzag, idiotic looking, bunny hopping that well. 

4. As a recon, your own team are your worst enemy.  I say this because a few of the pvp events involve point capture.  So you have to lead, predict the targets movement and hope your own teammates don't put their low dps hind end in the way.  It happens often in PVE too.  As a squishy recon bunching up is bad, it gets you killed (and it’s rude to cut in front of someone who is shooting, and stupid in RL) .  And standing on a container where everyone can see you, gets you killed.  The best thing you can do for the team is picking off rebos and their turrets, medics and their assault dogs on a leash, and anyone else on the point.  And perhaps rush onto the point to provide the extra push to close it.  I wouldn't sit there too long though, as a recon you're very squishy and the other team's recon is hunting you explicitly for one of those idiot sniper duels.  Getting drawn into one of those is often more harmful to the team.

5. Medics.... Nothing more frustrating than trying to kill the medics that has his/her leash on their pet assault dog.  I mean you may hit them with your first 2 shots.  But apparently sniper's in global agenda's world are morons and use tracer ammo.  So very quickly you have the yapping mutt of an assault on you.... you can knock his health down and he will likely pop his hamster ball of invulnerability and get fully healed... so if you didn't DT out of there from the get go, you're probably toast. 

Unfortunately, I think its jumped the shark for me... or at least I need a long break from the game.  So I canceled my sub for now.  The content update isn't really that significant other than UI and gear.  Gear wise I like t he look of the base sword and the base sniper rifle.  Unfortunately, like WoW you’re stuck with the artist’s  idea of what’s cool uber gear wise.  Kinda like the Yankees and Europeans that come to Flagler beach wearing black knee high socks with shorts and sandals and forcing all us surfers to dress the same.  Yeah they changed AVA (improved IMO), but all the core mechanics are the same.  From what I see the Solo content is stupidly hard, so it will end up like double agent.  The beta testing really didn't seem to be happening, I DL'd the public test client, most of the time it was empty.  They did a pretty good job compensating people for the gear they took away, but that is just my opinion.  The only issue I encountered was the aesthetic armor I had went from a level 40 requirement to a level 50.  Which would annoy me if I was level 40 and suddenly couldn't  wear it.  

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Originally posted by Echo08
    So I canceled my sub for now.  The content update isn't really that significant other than UI and gear. 

This is the first 'phase' of three or four, and what sub? It doesn't exist yet.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• Echo08Echo08 Member Posts: 55

You can add a credit card under your account management.  I had it all set up.  And I haven't seen specifics on when, or how other than 'pending' on the billing cycle...  

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by Echo08

Solo Missions.... hardly.... the only thing they are good for is......

I tried it with my sniper recon with a perfect record of  0 for 10 in high security.  The team security seems much harder too.  At this point I'm going to pay a little girl wearing tap shoes to kick the level designer in the shin.  I'm thinking I like a challenge, but perhaps I should try cloud bursting instead.   The PVP is the game is pretty fun.  However, I had to do a few things to make it work for me.

1. Disable City and local chat.  Wow's Barrens chat has nothing on the shear idiotic, stupid, blither of human waste yammering away in this game. 

2. Disable Voice.  Why... well to start the 40 year old egg plant that thinks he is SGT Rock... I have nothing against getting into the game, but I really don't want to listen to you emulating 'Saving Private Ryan'.    And worst yet is the squealing brat with a potty mouth finding fault with everyone else because the team lost and it hurt their rating in the 'game'.  Hello it is a game. 

3. Aimbots.  Despite Hi-Rez claim they are quite prevalent.  With Artifical(RealLOOZER)Aiming's cheat you put the cross hairs somewhere near the target and it does the leading and pokes the target.  You can look at someone using agendastats.com, if they have consistently 30 to 50 kills and near zero deaths... they 'might be' an aimbot (especially sniper recons).  The absolute best I have ever done as a sniper recon is 29 kills and 0 deaths.  Most of the time it's 1 to 2 deaths and between 5 and 8 kills with periodic peaks of over 10 kills.  I'm sorry, but it’s not humanly possible to predict the skipping, zigzag, idiotic looking, bunny hopping that well. 

4. As a recon, your own team are your worst enemy.  I say this because a few of the pvp events involve point capture.  So you have to lead, predict the targets movement and hope your own teammates don't put their low dps hind end in the way.  It happens often in PVE too.  As a squishy recon bunching up is bad, it gets you killed (and it’s rude to cut in front of someone who is shooting, and stupid in RL) .  And standing on a container where everyone can see you, gets you killed.  The best thing you can do for the team is picking off rebos and their turrets, medics and their assault dogs on a leash, and anyone else on the point.  And perhaps rush onto the point to provide the extra push to close it.  I wouldn't sit there too long though, as a recon you're very squishy and the other team's recon is hunting you explicitly for one of those idiot sniper duels.  Getting drawn into one of those is often more harmful to the team.

5. Medics.... Nothing more frustrating than trying to kill the medics that has his/her leash on their pet assault dog.  I mean you may hit them with your first 2 shots.  But apparently sniper's in global agenda's world are morons and use tracer ammo.  So very quickly you have the yapping mutt of an assault on you.... you can knock his health down and he will likely pop his hamster ball of invulnerability and get fully healed... so if you didn't DT out of there from the get go, you're probably toast. 

Unfortunately, I think its jumped the shark for me... or at least I need a long break from the game.  So I canceled my sub for now.  The content update isn't really that significant other than UI and gear.  Gear wise I like t he look of the base sword and the base sniper rifle.  Unfortunately, like WoW you’re stuck with the artist’s  idea of what’s cool uber gear wise.  Kinda like the Yankees and Europeans that come to Flagler beach wearing black knee high socks with shorts and sandals and forcing all us surfers to dress the same.  Yeah they changed AVA (improved IMO), but all the core mechanics are the same.  From what I see the Solo content is stupidly hard, so it will end up like double agent.  The beta testing really didn't seem to be happening, I DL'd the public test client, most of the time it was empty.  They did a pretty good job compensating people for the gear they took away, but that is just my opinion.  The only issue I encountered was the aesthetic armor I had went from a level 40 requirement to a level 50.  Which would annoy me if I was level 40 and suddenly couldn't  wear it.  

1: Welcome to the world of online gaming where even retards can get an internet connection, now let me introduce you to the /ignore function.

2: Same as above, it doesn't happen that often but there is no law against idiots having internet connections unfortunately.

3: Never been in a match where someone got 50 kills, aimbots are only good for snipercons and I know for a fact that Hi Rez has detection software and after 2 weeks of your initial use of the hack they will then ban you. I don't know why they wait 2 weeks but they do. Actually I don't remember a match where a sniper got more than 30 kills, I'm not saying it isn't possible but unless you have screen shots you can post it's just hearsay in my opinion.

4: Occupation hazard of the snipercon.

5: as above but if you're sniping so close that an Assault can attack you quickly you need to find a better spot to snipe from. Also there is no overpowered class that can excel at everything, sorry.

Like the patch myself, not sure about some of the colour schemes but it's alot of fun and has brought back alot of people to test it out which is giving me the odd lag spike :(

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by apbpotential

what content change? Solo quests in a multiple player game? Who cares, there is nothing different other than xp for pve in this game

They changed things around, painted a horrible skin to make the interfaces 10x worse..

Where's all the crap they promoted... open pvp worlds, this that that and this..

LATER DATE... sorry later date = GA out of business, its coming faster than you think too...

Look at ava, i been gone since week 2 of launch.... now there's only one map all day....   and noone gonna pay to play it, so they gonna try and get you with this other crap and pay for pve...

They didnt listen when i said do a faction game, because your game wont work as no clan can really win the game... and they didnt make the proper changes..

They are just stalling you will bs promises, and as you can see, this patch delivered nothing.. oh boy hands free jetpack.. Whee!!!

Yes if only they had listened to you....