Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last try finding a MMO

IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381

Hey guys.

This is my last try, check my list of games i played in profile.

I'm looking mostly for a p2p but ftp is okay if itemshop is not dominating (that you can play without paying, or pay like a monthly sub and still be oka).

Fantasy, Sci-fi w/e i dont care, i prefer sci-fi but i know there's not many sci-fi games so.

ATM i'm gonna play open-beta Dawntide, but that wont hold my interest formonths to come i guess.

PVP is prefered, but not a must - hence i dont play it much, but enjoy it from times to times (Im one of those that uses fps games as kick for pvp)

PVE must be good. Not necessarily in term of raiding.

Hope you can find a good MMO.

I'm located in Europe.

This is my absolutely last try, before I quit mmos waiting for a new release, which will be in 2011 (dawntide, earthrise etc.. )

Comments

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

all those list in your profile that you want to play pretty much it

cant think of anything else, you've listed it all

stick to console before all those new titles release in 2011

or just stick with EvE

Earthrise and FFXIV is out in less than 6 months, so yeah

sorry if there arent any solution in this post, but im interested to stick with this topic, as i too, are waiting on Earthrise and FFXIV

so if someone is able to point out a good MMO to kill time before those 2 titles are out, im on!

So What Now?

• Kram59Kram59 Member Posts: 153

Personally I think online gaming is past. I've played them all. Times have changed. I remember when I ran from bears in EQ. Thats when classes had a real purpose. You had to learn to play your class. Those days are gone. I still play Eve a bit but really am hoping for ff14 to maybe be the one thats sucks the life out of me again. Even though I have never played any of the series. I just hope they get it right.

King of the world

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Give AOC a try it's a lot of fun.  If you've played Eve you will certainly enjoy the difference in fun factor.  The AOC experience has been well refined and the depth of immersion is unparalleled.  I have noticed also that the roles of the different classes are all very well defined and each is fun to play in it's own way.  I can't speak of the expansion areas yet since I haven't been there but the original maps are all fun and the dungeons are unique and challenging.  If anything it's breathtaking beauty will give you something nice to look at.

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by choujiofkono

Give AOC a try it's a lot of fun.  If you've played Eve you will certainly enjoy the difference in fun factor.  The AOC experience has been well refined and the depth of immersion is unparalleled.  I have noticed also that the roles of the different classes are all very well defined and each is fun to play in it's own way.  I can't speak of the expansion areas yet since I haven't been there but the original maps are all fun and the dungeons are unique and challenging.  If anything it's breathtaking beauty will give you something nice to look at.

I did 2 chars to 80 in AOC, farmed all of the raids for a few months (BRC also, top guild) but didn't have fun.. Tried PVP aswell.

Know there's a new x-pack but..

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Don't suppose Black Prophecy would interest you? Out on the 25th.

http://blackprophecy.com/

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Perhaps it's time to take a break?

There's a lot of games out there, but all of them can feel like you're doing the same thing after a while.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Darkfall's 14-day trial just came out today.

I highly suggest trying out what I think is by far the funnest PVP game out there. My GF does not even like PVP and it is her favorite as well because of how much more realistic it is compared to other games. It is totally unpredictible and gives me an actual adrenaline rush everytime that I play which I cannot say other games have done (maybe cuz its not easy and dying matters). I think that the PVE is a lot funner than any game that I have played as well. Not for the quest content (isnt really any) but because it's funner to fight mobs that are actually challenging without auto-aim+tab crap. The world is very custom made, and has great battle-grounds all over the place. Unlike other games, your surroundings make a huge difference because you can dodge and use cover, etc. The stealth has got to feel the most realistic as well (which is something that a new payer will do a lot of . ..).

Epic mobs are other players pretty much as they can drop pretty good loot . .. hehe

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

It's not in your list so I would say give Darkfall a try.

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

I would give Darkfall a try then.  Its pvp is pretty hardcore though and the community is rather rude.  If you die in darkfall, you drop every single item you have on you.

It is a rush though, don't get me wrong, but the horrible community and the constant griefing kinda led me to quit, as well as the long skill grind, as you don't have a class in Darkfall, but rather up your skills through extensive use "a lot of people macro'd/still attempt to".

Anyways, at least try the trial out, I am looking for a new MMO myself and am having a hard time waiting for final fantasy.  Been playing warhammer free trial every now and then as well as some other betas i got into through this website.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Originally posted by Izork

Hey guys.

This is my last try, check my list of games i played in profile.

I'm looking mostly for a p2p but ftp is okay if itemshop is not dominating (that you can play without paying, or pay like a monthly sub and still be oka).

Fantasy, Sci-fi w/e i dont care, i prefer sci-fi but i know there's not many sci-fi games so.

ATM i'm gonna play open-beta Dawntide, but that wont hold my interest formonths to come i guess.

PVP is prefered, but not a must - hence i dont play it much, but enjoy it from times to times (Im one of those that uses fps games as kick for pvp)

PVE must be good. Not necessarily in term of raiding.

Hope you can find a good MMO.

I'm located in Europe.

This is my absolutely last try, before I quit mmos waiting for a new release, which will be in 2011 (dawntide, earthrise etc.. )

Something a little different, I suggest you give Mabinogi a shot. The main turn off most players have with this game (and I fully agree) are the Anime graphic, but if you can get past that, the game is really fun and suprisingly quite challenging (mainly because of the Combat System which requires a bit more thinking and action/reaction than most MMOs).

Nexon opened a Mabinogi EU server recently. The NA server has a IP Block on it.

I'll try darkfall, now that there's a trial.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

One advice if you're going to try DarkFall, wait for the June Patch. It's "supposed" to fix things yet we have no date for the patch other than "June". If you're going to give the game a shot, it's the most logical thing to do (Especially since DarkFall hasn't had a big patch for a little while so wait a little longer)

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

One advice if you're going to try DarkFall, wait for the June Patch. It's "supposed" to fix things yet we have no date for the patch other than "June". If you're going to give the game a shot, it's the most logical thing to do (Especially since DarkFall hasn't had a big patch for a little while so wait a little longer)

Okay, thanks. I'll do so! :=)

Also my m8s (irl) play wow.. love to play with them, but that game.. played for 5 years...

I'm really confused.

I thinking of starting on WoW again (Fresh account) to play with my IRL mates as they play WoW ( and its impossible to get them away, before blizzards new mmo im sure) and thats most fun - net partys etc i feel outside since im not plaing it (and i want to play again, but something tell me not too since the game went in the wrong direction) but im unsure. what you think? atm i feel nothing else, and i play dawntide open beta.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I'm really confused.

I thinking of starting on WoW again (Fresh account) to play with my IRL mates as they play WoW ( and its impossible to get them away, before blizzards new mmo im sure) and thats most fun - net partys etc i feel outside since im not plaing it (and i want to play again, but something tell me not too since the game went in the wrong direction) but im unsure. what you think? atm i feel nothing else, and i play dawntide open beta.

WoW is actually quite fun to play at a LAN party, especially if you have exactly 5 people.

Pick classes to form a solid dungeon group and just plow through, going for speed runs and combo pulls and chain pulling etc. etc. it can be quite challenging and a lot of fun. Don't even need a tank just 4 DPS and a good healer (though having one of the DPS be a paly/druid helps)

If you are coming back with a new account have some one Recruit a Friend you, lots faster XP and some other interesting options.

And they'll get a multi-passenger rocket ship. Little lame but also kinda nifty.

Originally posted by heerobya

I'm really confused.

WoW is actually quite fun to play at a LAN party, especially if you have exactly 5 people.

Pick classes to form a solid dungeon group and just plow through, going for speed runs and combo pulls and chain pulling etc. etc. it can be quite challenging and a lot of fun. Don't even need a tank just 4 DPS and a good healer (though having one of the DPS be a paly/druid helps)

If you are coming back with a new account have some one Recruit a Friend you, lots faster XP and some other interesting options.

And they'll get a multi-passenger rocket ship. Little lame but also kinda nifty.

Indeed, I played for 5 years (with my irl mates) and we had some fun lan parties :) once we did a 3 hunter (low geared) 1 tank and 1 healer in underbog in BC.. that was hardcore but daaaamn fun :=)

Thats what I want.. But I'm unsure if it can deliver? What you think? -I don't want to recruit a friend, done before, but I want to lvl the usuall way for the immersion.

• dar_es_balatdar_es_balat Member Posts: 438

Two Words:

Entropia Universe

Ive played tons of games.  UO, AC:Darktide, Darkfall, and many in between.   This game stands out as one of the best I have ever played.

Crappy, petty people breed and raise crappy, petty kids.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Indeed, I played for 5 years (with my irl mates) and we had some fun lan parties :) once we did a 3 hunter (low geared) 1 tank and 1 healer in underbog in BC.. that was hardcore but daaaamn fun :=)

Thats what I want.. But I'm unsure if it can deliver? What you think? -I don't want to recruit a friend, done before, but I want to lvl the usuall way for the immersion.

Well with the new dungeon finder tool you can literally jump from instance to instance if you have a pre-made party like that.

But you lose a lot of the open world fun and questing/exploration.

So it really all depends on your mates and play style.

I've found questing with a partner to be incredibly more fun then solo questing, even if it is a little slower. And the occasional random dungeon pug is fun but I just couldn't stand doing nothing but dungeon runs to level. 

Too... mechanical. People wouldn't even talk!

Originally posted by dar_es_balat

Two Words:

Entropia Universe

Ive played tons of games.  UO, AC:Darktide, Darkfall, and many in between.   This game stands out as one of the best I have ever played.

Doesn't look like a game i want to play.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I did 2 chars to 80 in AOC, farmed all of the raids for a few months (BRC also, top guild) but didn't have fun.. Tried PVP aswell.

Seriously, you played the game that long even though it was not fun?

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Originally posted by Palebane

Seriously, you played the game that long even though it was not fun?

It was fun for the time being, but then it became boring.

• IrishIrish Member UncommonPosts: 259

I've played a lot of MMOs as well, but I am always drawn back to WoW, even though it wasn't my first or favorite MMO (probably a toss up between SWG and DAOC).

I will probably head to SW:TOR when it hits, being a massive fan of story, Star Wars, and BioWare.

It's been a blast back in Azeroth, playing with friends and co-workers. We like to try and get one another killed in dungeons out of mutual cruelty.

It took me completely emptying out my max level characters and starting over fresh to start enjoying the game again. If your inclination is WoW, go for it... should be some gear/raid content coming patchwise, and PvP is always entertaining.* I find trying to help the Alliance suck just a little less a fun challenge.

*unless you are an Alliance lifer like me, who continually gets schooled by the Horde