Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

player limit?

DAHBOODAHBOO Member UncommonPosts: 137

I was reading the FAQ about character transfers and found this...

Do characters that show up on closed servers count against my 8 character limit?

No: with the closure on 10/15, the team changed the system to exclude closed-server characters from the account limit.

8 when did this change for 2

Comments

• damicatzdamicatz Member Posts: 102

They are talking about the account limit, not the server limit.  Under normal circumstances, you can have up to 8 characters on a single account across multiple servers but only two per server.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by DAHBOO

I was reading the FAQ about character transfers and found this...

Do characters that show up on closed servers count against my 8 character limit?

No: with the closure on 10/15, the team changed the system to exclude closed-server characters from the account limit.

8 when did this change for 2

It didn't. You're reading it wrong.

8 toons in TOTAL, 2 per server MAX (unless you had an Elder slot, which allows you a bonus 3rd).

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

You can have 8 characters per account, but if you have toons on one of the closed servers, then you will get those slots freed back up.

eg If I had my 3 toons still on Valcyn, and the other 5 toons are on the active servers, then I will have 3 slots available again to use on the active servers, if did not want to transfer them off, so you could have more than 8 characters showing up on the char select screen.