Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Challenge: Make a video to sell me on the game!!!!

2»

Comments

• HanoverzzHanoverzz Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by Kzang151

Are you joking? LOL They are like an hour of videos and you responded that you didn't like them like in 2 minutes. Troll. :)

If you don't like what you see (not that you really tried anyway) then don't play? Why are you in the forums posting stuff like this? It is because you are a troll. :)

Secondly, I don't have my uber connection anymore so streaming is pretty much over.

Are they of the upgraded engine? People that have been shut out due to the closure of the Open Beta might be interested to see how the game is AFTER the engine upgrade.  image  Your videos are dated well before the "upgrade".

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Originally posted by Kzang151

Are you joking? LOL They are like an hour of videos and you responded that you didn't like them like in 2 minutes. Troll. :)

I went directly to the timestamps you mentioned and viewed...  it was dated from Q1 of this year so it obviously wasn't in game video of the new engine...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• merieke82merieke82 Member Posts: 165

The point the OP is making is: there aren't any good post upgrade videos anywhere. Don't let the fact they he phrased his opinion as a "challenge" confuse you into thinking that he is on a fact-finding mission.

Most people agree that the game is not ready for release. As I've said in other threads the pseudo-diplomatic approach being taken by trolls these days is arguably worse than just throwing flaming bags of poo. I challenge all posters in this thread to make a video proving to me the legitimacy of this thread!

Even though the game is a mess there are people who will buy and enjoy it. There are about 20 mmos out there right now that I think are a complete, utter waste of time and thousands of people are playing those. Many of those were all equally misrepresented across all marketing channels. They sold people using videos that many would say do not reflect the actual gameplay. That's how marketing works. (Aion is a great example of video marketing that makes their game look way better than it is)

Not sure what else the OP expects. You KNOW that the videos don't exist so why bother asking the community to find you some?

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Originally posted by merieke82

The point the OP is making is: there aren't any good post upgrade videos anywhere. Don't let the fact they he phrased his opinion as a "challenge" confuse you into thinking that he is on a fact-finding mission.

No.. that is not my point at all.

I have frequently seen the word BIASED used about people who post videos on here and the videos themselves.  These are often followed by people making statements that the game isn't like the video and everything bad in the video has been fixed.

I am simply looking for a fan made video.. since the engine switch.. which highlights the good points of the game and makes me say "Hey.. that looks cool" .  I am asking all those people who call BIAS on the bug videos to make their own as a counterpoint.  As I said above.. an actual in game video is worth 1000 posts.

We are 8 days from release now..  Surely it shouldn't be too hard to put together a 5 minute highlight video showing all of us who are locked out of the now Closed Beta exactly how far the game has come.  Just a 5 minute video that makes me say 'Hey.. that's pretty cool and I'd like to be a part of that".

I am keeping a 100% open mind.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I have frequently seen the word BIASED used about people who post videos on here and the videos themselves.  These are often followed by people making statements that the game isn't like the video and everything bad in the video has been fixed.

I am simply looking for a fan made video.. since the engine switch.. which highlights the good points of the game and makes me say "Hey.. that looks cool" .  I am asking all those people who call BIAS on the bug videos to make their own as a counterpoint.  As I said above.. an actual in game video is worth 1000 posts.

We are 8 days from release now..  Surely it shouldn't be too hard to put together a 5 minute highlight video showing all of us who are locked out of the now Closed Beta exactly how far the game has come.  Just a 5 minute video that makes me say 'Hey.. that's pretty cool and I'd like to be a part of that".

if the trailers and all the videos so far do not make you want to play the game why do you think someone is going out of there way to make someone like you who posts all negative posts about the game that person is a fan of?

heck we be happy if you do not play.

• merieke82merieke82 Member Posts: 165

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I've called many threads on the MO forums here biased because they create a poll on the state of the game and then source a multitude of all negative videos and links. No individual video is biased in and of itself. It all comes down to how the thread is constructed and if it is attempting to gather data in a neutral way.

I would personally also love to see some updated videos of gameplay. I've seen people posting on the MO forums saying how great things are and I've seen people saying how nothing has changed. The server has been down a lot lately according to the forums so I highly doubt any of us are going to see updated footage until after the release.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

I saw that 3 chapters of the Minotaur quest and found it very hilarious and awesome at time but they need to fix at least dsync before I could consider it since I don't like open pvp but by that simple video you could see how some people made a little story from nothing hehe.

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

Locked due to excessive personal attacks and report tool spam. 

Fortune favours the bold.

This discussion has been closed.