Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DONT for the love of god play this game

devilkingxdevilkingx Member Posts: 15

this game is terrible it has a mile long list of problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

- after you get off training island its impossible to lvl

- quests make you have to fight a specific monster and 90% its a monster that never spawns(if it says kill 50 thunder bird the name has to be thunder bird  not lightning bird not spark bird the name has to be exact

- monsters on your lvl give like 0.01% per kill

- monsters above your lvl give decent exp but kill you if you dont heal every 2 times they hit

-  1 city in particular lags like there is no tommorrow you can barely play in that city

ok so that list wasnt so long but read it is that really features you want in a game your playing? that sound fun? didnt think so.

devilkingx - the best thing since ice cream(which was the best thing evar made evar)

Comments

• devilkingxdevilkingx Member Posts: 15

my problem isnt that they make it so you can earn your lvls my prob (as i forgot to mention) is that the monster they tell you to kill is always the monster that spawns once every 5 mins and you have to kill like 75 of them its ghey

devilkingx - the best thing since ice cream(which was the best thing evar made evar)

• bisurgebisurge Member UncommonPosts: 168

Originally posted by devilkingx

This is false. You simply have to farm certain monsters and hope one drops a pet card; then you can either use it or sell it. If you use it, your utility will increase about 1.5x, and if you sell it, you can up all your equipment and breeze through monsters. Also, some classes NEED to be funded to be decent; I hope you didn't pick one of those when you started out.

- quests make you have to fight a specific monster and 90% its a monster that never spawns(if it says kill 50 thunder bird the name has to be thunder bird  not lightning bird not spark bird the name has to be exact

If you knew where to find those monsters, you wouldn't have a problem. I agree that the map system sucks but discovering things yourself isn't so bad, especially for an MMORPG.

You're definitely training on the wrong monsters then. Until level 70, they give you decent exp.

- monsters above your lvl give decent exp but kill you if you dont heal every 2 times they hit

This is why it's important to get level 10 equipment. This game is based on money.

-  1 city in particular lags like there is no tommorrow you can barely play in that city

You can go to options and turn off seeing other people in cities. As for the server lag, I dare you to find a game that DOESN'T lag that's F2P.

ok so that list wasnt so long but read it is that really features you want in a game your playing? that sound fun? didnt think so.

• LorimonstahLorimonstah Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by bisurge

This is false. You simply have to farm certain monsters and hope one drops a pet card; then you can either use it or sell it. If you use it, your utility will increase about 1.5x, and if you sell it, you can up all your equipment and breeze through monsters. Also, some classes NEED to be funded to be decent; I hope you didn't pick one of those when you started out.

U can also lvl by doing the Quests! When u leave the Trainee Island u port to the home of the race that u play. U can get a lot of quests there that matches ur lvl.

After u made all the Quests in the town of another race for example. They start as low as the ones u had in ur own town but raising in lvls later, too.

On this way u won't have a problem to reach lvl 30.

If you knew where to find those monsters, you wouldn't have a problem. I agree that the map system sucks but discovering things yourself isn't so bad, especially for an MMORPG.

Easy to find the Mobs u need if u only read the Quest discription. It is always described where u can find em. And that ther espawn suckz so much isn't true.

Only respawntime that is longer is the one of Boss Mobs!

You're definitely training on the wrong monsters then. Until level 70, they give you decent exp.

I rly don't know what kind of mobs u was killing that u got so low exp. Can't believe that they were on ur lvl.

This is why it's important to get level 10 equipment. This game is based on money.

It is right that your Equipment should always be lvled that u get better def and atk! The money is easy to get. Sell ur Drops that u get while questing. In lower lvls it isn't that expensive to up a weapon for example.

You can go to options and turn off seeing other people in cities. As for the server lag, I dare you to find a game that DOESN'T lag that's F2P.

To turn off the people in town is one thing but it also can help u if u lower the game settings or just buy a new PC that can handle the informations ;)

I don't know any lag problems.

Last thing I have to say ... U maybe should use ur brain to understand how to play the game.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Too late already played it and i agree i didn't care to play it after an hour.

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621

When their hack protection software forced me to do a total wipe and reinstall everything i kinda lost my patience with the game.

• bisurgebisurge Member UncommonPosts: 168

Originally posted by Thekandy

When their hack protection software forced me to do a total wipe and reinstall everything i kinda lost my patience with the game.

Hackshield got loads better after Nexon started using them. Unless they switched recently and I didn't know about it, Hackshield shouldn't be giving you problems anymore.

Once when I was starting Rappelz it crashed my computer because it thought AIM was a hacking program. That was back in 2007 I think, though.

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

While I'm not going to argue with you not to stay away from this game (the game is indeed pretty bad) most of your complaints seem to be based around the fact that it's difficult to solo in this game.

What's wrong, been playing too many single player MMORPGs like WoW lately?

• HeracliusHeraclius Member Posts: 71

Please do not listen to the typical fanboys like bisurge.

This game is your typical Korean grind game, compare it to Silkroad Online: you spend tons of time just grinding around killing X monsters for a quest. This game has totally nothing special to it, no real theme like SRO does but it does have the grinding part. All in all, you can try the game but don't come crying on the forums you didn't like it.

• deadmansfurydeadmansfury Member Posts: 3

I have been playing this game "rappelz" since june of 2005 i agree to disagree to alot of the statements posted above me, but yes if not well funded in this game it gets alot harder... but with alot of improvements fromt he Support team/ GM staffs there have been many upgrades to servers and systems alike. The lag in all of the towns has disappeared, but if you decide to travel to the flea market where all the selling stalls are now only allowed there is alot of lag... as far as soloing and it being too hard, this is why they have a pet training system with every char having the taming skill and alowing you to own pets long as you have the cards to tame them... but yes the xp is rather slow and the constant grind does sometimes really really suck...

but they have dungeon parties that make the xp come alot faster, and in most cases the quests do really suck, though some of the rewards are massive enough to run you from lvl 70 to lvl 90... just takes a lot of patience and general knowlegde of marketing to make it to the top...

but don't count on the support team of Rappelz to help you out if you run into a bit of a pickle, cause i recently got banned for absolutely no reason... really... i reported a hacker to them and they said that i was under temp ban for my protection while they resolved the problem... now 2 weeks later they send me an email saying they incountered an error restoring my account and that their working on the issue... but the issue still hasn't been resolved...

So i tell you this if you enjoy game play but the owners and support teams don't care about you what would you rather play?

Is it really worth your time?

GL and HF :)