Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online: Game Enters "Final Release Phase"

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Mortal Online, a game that has already been delayed in its launch a number of times, may be one step closer to seeing the light of day as Star Vault announced in their most recent newsletter that they have entered their "final release phase."

With the release of the new patch on Thursday the 27th of May we have entered our final release phase. As you can see in the patch notes we have re-activated most of the systems that have been taken down. This was vital so we could ensure the functionality with the new versions of the Unreal Engine and ATLAS.

There will be more (smaller) patches also coming during the final week before release.

The bug tracker has been re-opened for beta testers/customers and we thank all of you who help us to secure a stable and optimized client/world.

Be sure to check our website regularly the coming week for announcements and some interesting updates.

For more information on Mortal Online, click here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

epic or epic fail only the time will tell

GL MO

0/

BestSigEver :P

• wesewese Member Posts: 21

I 2nd that opinion. 

GL MO

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Anyone willing to pay to alpha test this one, it certainly is not even close to beta quality at this point?

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

Not ready, it needs months of testing still!

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

Originally posted by Mad+Dog
    Not ready, it needs months of testing still!

imho they got 2 options cancel the game or launch because they got no money

BestSigEver :P

• Robdc84Robdc84 Member Posts: 156

do i smell something burning?

IN THE FACE!

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Nahh... it's already way beyond that point. They are already scraping the ashes.

They are just in denial and not willing to see it yet.

• thewolf69thewolf69 Member Posts: 1

to play it do i only have to buy the client ?

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Originally posted by thewolf69

to play it do i only have to buy the client ?

It's pay to play

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

final release phase......that's what she sed! :p

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Lets hope enough people sub for them to get some funding and can develop the game some more :) this game will be awesome with more development, i know ill be subbing from release even tough i might not play.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• GylfiGylfi Member UncommonPosts: 708

I hope the game prospers, i can't even describe how much the genre needs a game like this.

• Azen77Azen77 Member UncommonPosts: 125

Every time a game releases there are people saying that it needs at least a month or more of testing. People need to settle down and take their ritalin...especially the ones who have no clue about the actual state of the game. If things pull together then it will be one of the biggest negative hype comebacks since...well the last mmo that released.

Good luck MO

UO,AC1&2,EQ1&2,DAOC,SB,SWG,FFXI, Horizons,EvE,E&B,AO,WoW,VG, Lineage,GW,TR,LotR,AoC,CoH,DDO a myriad of FtP...and still looking...

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

I'm prepared to throw 6 months subs at it and watch how quickly it improves.

DF is the more playable game at this time, but if they get this right MO will be the more immersive experience and will be much less of a grind.

IF they have the resources to properly develop this game, MO could become the experience that mature players have been looking for.  

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• HowryHowry Member UncommonPosts: 116

Vanguard had the same issues and never recovered even though it was an amazing game in my opinion.

• doomdealer79doomdealer79 Member Posts: 24

every lousy game out there does the same thing these days. Tired of lame devs making half finished games and making us pay for thier inability to finish what they start. They need to pool together and put out a decent product for once instead of a crap load of... crap.

• RaythorRaythor Member Posts: 134

I wish SV the best, and also those brave souls who will be playing at launch!

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692

And again...

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

Originally posted by doomdealer79

every lousy game out there does the same thing these days. Tired of lame devs making half finished games and making us pay for thier inability to finish what they start. They need to pool together and put out a decent product for once instead of a crap load of... crap.

If only more people thought this way.

• EivilSarEivilSar Member Posts: 25

Just went through the process of signing up and attempt to download  to try it out and... you have to pay for an uncomplete non-released state game? 

Seriously WFT! No trial options.. there is no way I would ever part with cash for a possible crap game.

EivilSar, Deathhand of International
    Spellborn PvP

• RambonessRamboness Member UncommonPosts: 19

Tried the beta.. I honestly think this game was shit. It was so undeveloped, no mobs, no quests, no nothing, only pigs and dears to skin how fucking boring is that. It was also laggy as hell and pvp was unsynchronized.

• RambonessRamboness Member UncommonPosts: 19

Sorry for DP,

But has it improved since the beta?

• consortitudeconsortitude Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by Heretique

Originally posted by doomdealer79

If only more people thought this way.

I agree with you guys 100%.  Especially when they are charging around $60 USD to download a digital copy of the crap like these guys are doing.  As long as we let these half-arsed game devs and companies get away with it, they will keep dishing out crap. 

They sold us a half-baked Fail-sauced pizza.
    * With a side of monthly fee!

• VexeVexe Member Posts: 549

I wish they had more financial backing so they could work on it  a bit more before putting it out on the market. I'll probably play it a little bit now, but I'll definitely hop in for real in a few months when everything is up to snuff.

• ZakorZakor Member UncommonPosts: 214

I'm so not paying for a half-finished game...

Think I'll have to stick with EQ2 a few more months and enjoy the server lag issues during raids! :(

Now playing : FFXIV
    Waiting on : TBD
    Best MMORPGs played : EQ, FFXI