Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

T5 & T6 in development

MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

So a lot of folks didn't like T4, I thought it was a descent movie and look at it sorta like Batman Begins.  It set the stage for a new era in the Terminator universe.

So who is excited about T5 & T6 going into production?  I am, btw Bale is still Connor.

Comments

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

There have been very few series of movies that I've like the first one, and not liked the others. The only one I can say I generally didn't like was the Matrix 2 when it came out. I thought it was terrible, but it's grown on me over the years just because I like 1, 3 and the Animatrix so much.

I didn't know T5 & 6 were in development. I'm stoked. I've loved everyone of the Terminator movies and Salvation the most. T1 was released the year I was born and T2 was released when I was in the 2nd grade. I remember being pissed when someone in my class had a T-1000 toy that shot missiles.

I'm one of those people who don't really care what other's like. I like what I like.

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

Yeah it's gone into production, T5 is supposed to be out sometime in 2012, probably summer.

And they are shooting both films together, guess sorta like lotr did.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

The strange tradition is the the first sequel of any saga is going to be the best, that is, unless the series outright sucks.

Star Wars ep.5 (the 2nd one)

Terminator 2

Silent Hill 2

Mass Effect 2

Pirates of the Carbs 2

The list could go on, but just to repeat my point, the second will always be the best one. Transformers sucked from the get-go, and yet Iron Man 2 is the best one yet, namely because the first one failed to suck outright. The third will not be so lucky.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Originally posted by GTwander

Pirates of the Carbs 2

I mostly agree, except for this one and Matrix 2. Both were so much worse than the others in the series, that I barely even consider them apart of the series.

Transformers doesn't count anyway. Sensationalist crap. I liked it, they were both fun to watch, but that's about it. I'm still pissed that the GM contract with the movie was so strong that they turned Bumble Bee into a freaking camaro. Great car, but it's freaking Bumble Bee.

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

The matrix was an amazing film. Matrix reloaded was the exact opposite. So Bale is still John Connor eh? I wonder if he'll have any more hissy fits during filming.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

The strange tradition is the the first sequel of any saga is going to be the best, that is, unless the series outright sucks.

Terminator 2

Silent Hill 2

Mass Effect 2

Pirates of the Carbs 2

The list could go on, but just to repeat my point, the second will always be the best one. Transformers sucked from the get-go, and yet Iron Man 2 is the best one yet, namely because the first one failed to suck outright. The third will not be so lucky.

So wait...are you saying Empire Strikes Back sucked?

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Teala

Terminator 2

Silent Hill 2

Mass Effect 2

Pirates of the Carbs 2

So wait...are you saying Empire Strikes Back sucked?

No, he's saying that out of alll the sequels and prequels to follow A New Hope, ESB was the best.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

I liked T4, I'll be looking forward to T5.

There's no reason a movie franchise should die just because the original actors/actress stops filming.  Some movies have open endings so they should definitely keep on going if they can find more things to show, more things to fight over.  Key is to introduce enough new things to keep the movies fresh, so you don't feel like you're watching the samo samo.  Matrix reloaded had that feeling of samo samo, and people hate "to be continued" endings.  They could've done better with it.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

I thought T4 sucked big time. Lack of plot, no cool robot war like we thought there would be, totally lame ending. 

If T5 and T6 are going to continue to suck as badly, not really looking forward to them.