Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A U wanna know recent korean MMORPGs' news?

vangadevangade Member Posts: 15

yes, I am korean.

Ask me what you wanna know.

hahaha

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Talk a bit about Tera

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • caalemcaalem Member UncommonPosts: 289

Why is the only company that actually makes playable asian MMORPGs ncsoft?

Do other companies even try anymore?

What's with asias obsession with F2P cash-shop  crappy anime games?

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

My question is why do so many asians like to grind countless hours on the same thing over and over again?  BTW this is a serious question.

Or do us westerners have the wrong impression of asians, even though most asian games are very very grindy.

• vangadevangade Member Posts: 15

Few days ago(10.05.28). TERA-Online's recommended H/W requirement is unveiled.

---------

CPU : Dual Core or higher

RAM : 2GB  or higher

VGA : Geforce 9800 or higher(the information contains no mention of ATI)

::This game is developing. It's only for 1st CBT, it can be change when it's release

----------

and People think that TERA will upgrade PC_Bangs' H/W specifications as if lineage2's release upgraded PC_Bangs' H/W specs.

English is hard...

hahaha

Originally posted by vangade

---------

::This game is developing. It's only for 1st CBT, it can be change when it's release

----------

and People think that TERA will upgrade PC_Bangs' H/W specifications as if lineage2's release upgraded PC_Bangs' H/W specs.

English is hard...

Your English is better than half the people that post on here.  BTW do you guys learn English in your schools, what age do you start and do you have other choices in learning a foreign language, or is English the only one?

caalem // I agree...

In the company position, CashShop than flat fare is easier to earn money.

NCSOFT you say, except that only the few companies with MMORPG game created,

hahaha

---------

----------

English is hard...

Thanks.

could you tell us more how tera is actually being received, how is aion doing over there as well as lineage 2?

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Originally posted by Mazin

My question is why do so many asians like to grind countless hours on the same thing over and over again?  BTW this is a serious question.

Or do us westerners have the wrong impression of asians, even though most asian games are very very grindy.

You're right. Asian Games generally Grindy.

But this is not only asian MMORPGs but entire MMORPGs

I think that this is a grate wall and companies must climb that.

hahaha

---------

----------

English is hard...

Your English is better than half the people that post on here.  BTW do you guys learn English in your schools, what age do you start and do you have other choices in learning a foreign language, or is English the only one?

thanks.

in this S.korea, i was learn Enlish when i was 10years old.

but then English Education is not so good for me and my ages.

when we into middle or high school, we can usually choose a foreign language.

English is a required subject, so we choose a second foreign language.(I chose japanese)

hahaha

Originally posted by Sovrath

---------

----------

English is hard...

Thanks.

could you tell us more how tera is actually being received, how is aion doing over there as well as lineage 2?

Actually?

S.Korean really wanna play TERA.

when Last CBT, plp even sell and buy accounts of TERA.

Many plp think that TERA will be a vanguard of next generation of MMORPG.

hahaha

---------

----------

English is hard...

thanks.

in this S.korea, i was learn Enlish when i was 10years old.

but then English Education is not so good for me and my ages.

when we into middle or high school, we can usually choose a foreign language.

English is a required subject, so we choose a second foreign language.(I chose japanese)

I thought Koreans didn't like the Japanese, at least in baseball :)

BTW goodluck to you guys and Kim Dong lunatic over in N Korea, I'm a former Marine and might go back in if the crack tries to start some shit with you guys.

---------

----------

English is hard...

Thanks.

Actually?

Thanks again. One to bring it a bit more serious but are you all worried about N. Korea or do you think it's more posturing?

---------

----------

English is hard...

Thanks.

Actually?

Thanks again. One to bring it a bit more serious but are you all worried about N. Korea or do you think it's more posturing?

I was a formal Repulic of Korea Army MP. Actually  I discharged from service in 10.05.30.

You know S.Korean guys all play the REAL Call of Duty for 22month.

My company was doing more drills than usual...

but I't will be OK.

hahaha

• ryuga81ryuga81 Member UncommonPosts: 351

so, what do you know about Hellgate: Resurrection (Hellgate: Tokyo or whatever is it called now)? is it released in S.Korea? it is supposed to come into the west only after several eastern countries are covered (japan, singapore, korea, malaysia and something alike, i don't remember the whole list) :)

Originally posted by ryuga81

so, what do you know about Hellgate: Resurrection (Hellgate: Tokyo or whatever is it called now)? is it released in S.Korea? it is supposed to come into the west only after several eastern countries are covered (japan, singapore, korea, malaysia and something alike, i don't remember the whole list) :)

HanbitSoft(who developing hellgate) is a service provider and develop company now.

Hellgate:Tokyo is released at 10.04.06

and many plp have no interest about it.

Do you know about that DiabloII battleNet ladder is reseted recently.

I think that DiabloII has more user than Hellgate:Tokyo.

so many plp disappointed in Hellgate:Tokyo.(I am a one of them)

Now plp just waitting Diablo3 doing DiabloII's new ladder.

hahaha

• StevieHmselfStevieHmself Member Posts: 134

How into SC2 are Koreans, as much as i am? as much as u guys were into SC?

Playing EVE
    Played Darkfall, Played Wow,

• u18bu2sa0ku18bu2sa0k Member Posts: 144

Hello man,thanks for taking your time and answering some of our questions.

Do you know anything about Age of Conan in Korea?i heard they are in beta phase there,

what do you think how will the Korean community greet the game?

wondering because as we all know the art and the dark/low fantasy setting is very distinct from Korean Stylish games.

Originally posted by StevieHmself

How into SC2 are Koreans, as much as i am? as much as u guys were into SC?

S.Korean user of SC2 can play SC2 Battlenet BETA.

Plp other than selected SC2 BETA testers can play on SC2 BETA PC_BANG(netcafe).

In addtion, some guys made SC2 Single Launcher, just take a look at that img.

There is a lot of players on battlenet of SC and. SC2 also have a lot of players 

SC and SC2 fans waitting for release date of SC2.

hahaha

• ioryadragonioryadragon Member Posts: 91

Can you tell your people to hire Game Designers and Level Designers from Europe or US, since clearly they have no ideea on this, judging from the 1000 horrible grind fest mmo they release every year? Of course they are a few features exceptions like Castle Siege in Lineage 2+festival+Colloseum, Aion crafting system, but as a full game they fail in design all of them. Its like all try to make Diablo 2 online, which is a failure from start as a mmo.

Ty

Originally posted by u18bu2sa0k

Hello man,thanks for taking your time and answering some of our questions.

Do you know anything about Age of Conan in Korea?i heard they are in beta phase there,

what do you think how will the Korean community greet the game?

wondering because as we all know the art and the dark/low fantasy setting is very distinct from Korean Stylish games.

AoC's Publisher is Pmang inc.

Pmang is one of big publisher in korea and they take a long time for localizing of AoC

I had played AoC for 3days and there is a lot of abusive lanuage. isn't it?

AoC is fresh game but S.Korean(not only S.Koeran but E.Asian) dont like that kind of graphics

plp dont wanna grow their own charactor as a that that...

I think that publisher have to add the looks that S.Korean love to make a hit.

hahaha

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by ioryadragon

Can you tell your people to hire Game Designers and Level Designers from Europe or US, since clearly they have no ideea on this, judging from the 1000 horrible grind fest mmo they release every year? Of course they are a few features exceptions like Castle Siege in Lineage 2+festival+Colloseum, Aion crafting system, but as a full game they fail in design all of them. Its like all try to make Diablo 2 online, which is a failure from start as a mmo.

Ty

Heh, I don't think Vangade has that much influence to tell the game companies there "hey, you should start hiring US and Europe people, now!". Besides, isn't it just a different way attitude from asian players and companies towards MMO's, things that they have less trouble with in games than here. Just different taste.

I would like to know: how do Korean gamers look upon the differences between asian MMO's and western MMO's?

We think of asian MMO's to be more grindy, but how do asian gamers look at US/European MMO's compared to asian MMO's?

I also read somewhere that here in Europe and US, gamers are quicker with saying "it's not fair" when it comes to class balance or getting ganked by higher level players, while in China (or maybe in Asia in general?) gamers have less troubles with that, maybe shrug a little, and see it as a natural part of the game.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• u18bu2sa0ku18bu2sa0k Member Posts: 144

AoC's Publisher is Pmang inc.

Pmang is one of big publisher in korea and they take a long time for localizing of AoC

I had played AoC for 3days and there is a lot of abusive lanuage. isn't it?

AoC is fresh game but S.Korean(not only S.Koeran but E.Asian) dont like that kind of graphics

plp dont wanna grow their own charactor as a that that...

I think that publisher have to add the looks that S.Korean love to make a hit.

this pretty much sums it up, and what i expected.

different culture diferent tastes,but you cant really generalize, there probably will be people that will like it.

thanks for your answer.

oh and do you know anything about Linage III  (3) ? or is it too early to ask? (Aion is still in its glory days)

Originally posted by ioryadragon

Ty

I know what are you talking about...

I totally agree.

early MMORPG games are awesome as natural.

but know plp need more than just MMO systems.

lvl design is one of the important part of the game.

Deginers know about that, cause they also playing the game like us.

MMO games will be getting better.

hahaha

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

How about blade and soul? isit greatly anticipated too like tera?

RIP Orc Choppa

• ryuga81ryuga81 Member UncommonPosts: 351

Originally posted by cyphers

I would like to know: how do Korean gamers look upon the differences between asian MMO's and western MMO's?
    We think of asian MMO's to be more grindy, but how do asian gamers look at US/European MMO's compared to asian MMO's?

that's an interesting question :) asian games are mostly about grinding same mobs over and over again, western games are mostly about completing often unoriginal tasks("fetch me an iron ingot from the other side of the world" - "what? but there is an ironsmith right 10 meters away" - "no i need THAT iron ingot from the other ironsmith at the edge of the world")