Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UO old skooler bought the game straight up.

Qb3rtQb3rt Member Posts: 2

Hi there ,

i was on the hunt for some game to pass time on nowadays casually , after trying about 50% of all the crappy f2p games there is on the market wich bored me after 3-4 hours each * same repetition crap go there kill that junk *

i almost gave up online gaming because it did not appeal to me in any sense to waste my life getting level up like everyone else to wake up couple of years later and all the hard work is given out for free as a feature in an expansion * all online games with lvl's do that its a matter of marketing strategy to steal the most out of player pocket due to hype*

and then i saw about Mortal Online , all the feature it has wich remember me of the best gaming year i ever had  *Ultima Online 1997 till trammel *

Sure the beta is buggy and im sure there will be alot of problem during the first months , but UO was like that too , heck i remember standing at vesper bank and the in vogue thing to yell was HEY I SAID THIS 5 MIN AGO !!.

Ill give the game couple of slack and from my UO experience im damm sure this one will become a big hit , If you never experienced UO in its glory days you shouldnt comment on this game and go back to play WoW because not a single player who did play back then would say a bad thing about this game ,  if you dont like it fine , its not your niche game theres a billion f2p asian games on the market that mimic what you like to play , plus some even give you awsome fair even arena PvP ( laugh ).

This game is 900 times more promising than the pityfull Startrek online , that game compared to Eve is a joke, you people love functioning overhyped i win button games .

Have a nice day , thx devs for this Bomb game.

Comments

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

The forum members on this website are gonna eat you for lunch image

• Evolution8Evolution8 Member Posts: 128

Originally posted by neonwire

The forum members on this website are gonna eat you for lunch image

No need, StarVault already did lol

• RaythorRaythor Member Posts: 134

To me, it doesn't matter what previous game(s) a person has played when giving value to their recommendations. I place more weight in true gameplay  features (not promises of future additions / fixes to said game), word-of-mouth, and most importantly my first hand experiences.

Sadly, MO fails to pass my personal QC test on all these fronts

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

I tried the game too.

Sure, it has potential... but alot of games have that, the diffference is when the devs actually make something out of the potential and make a game which is good.

MO is running out of cash, and is releasing soon, it's gonna go down as the most bugg,y half-finished game ever released, but if they can pull through the crisis, and win the crowd in the end, then you have a game.

I'm pretty sure you just fired up mortal online like yesterday, and thought, wow, this is great!... Everyone have that feeling when they fire up a new game, it's only  matter of time before it wears off, then you'll see the teethless junkie, behind the supermodel appearence.

You thought to yourself, "Hey, im gonna make an account on mmorpg.com, and sling around my fanboyism, and that'll make everyone see how great this game really is"

Everyone here knows better though.

The problem today are kids who have no problem buying half baked games, with mamma's credit card.

publisher's see this trend, and if they make cash why not just keep doing it.

They only need to make half a product, then promise that you'll get the other half later, but you pay full price.

Then they tweak the game a bit, add some minor patches, people get's pissed off cause they don't add more content and leave, and they'll start their next project, which is gonna be the same crap.

MMO gamers are the laughing stock in the buisness world, easiest prey ever.

Hype / Sell /  Win

• CavallCavall Member Posts: 272

Originally posted by Beazt

Hype / Sell /  Win

That is true when applied to the current generation of MMO gamers as opposed to anyone whose first MMO was anything other than WoW(edit, or any game released in the same style thereof after 2003.)

WoWers are really closer to HALO, Guitar Hero, and CoD kids. They don't care about quality, innovation, or facts. If they have fun doing it, they'll pay whatever is asked of them..that, or their parents will, depending upon the target market's age demographic.

Also, if they like MO, and they truly do after the beta ends, then more power to the OP. I really don't think they're quite as gullible as some of you make them out to be, especially if theyve been playing MMORPGs for over 12 years.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

Originally posted by Qb3rt

Hi there ,

i was on the hunt for some game to pass time on nowadays casually , after trying about 50% of all the crappy f2p games there is on the market wich bored me after 3-4 hours each * same repetition crap go there kill that junk *

i almost gave up online gaming because it did not appeal to me in any sense to waste my life getting level up like everyone else to wake up couple of years later and all the hard work is given out for free as a feature in an expansion * all online games with lvl's do that its a matter of marketing strategy to steal the most out of player pocket due to hype*

and then i saw about Mortal Online , all the feature it has wich remember me of the best gaming year i ever had  *Ultima Online 1997 till trammel *

Sure the beta is buggy and im sure there will be alot of problem during the first months , but UO was like that too , heck i remember standing at vesper bank and the in vogue thing to yell was HEY I SAID THIS 5 MIN AGO !!.

Ill give the game couple of slack and from my UO experience im damm sure this one will become a big hit , If you never experienced UO in its glory days you shouldnt comment on this game and go back to play WoW because not a single player who did play back then would say a bad thing about this game ,  if you dont like it fine , its not your niche game theres a billion f2p asian games on the market that mimic what you like to play , plus some even give you awsome fair even arena PvP ( laugh ).

This game is 900 times more promising than the pityfull Startrek online , that game compared to Eve is a joke, you people love functioning overhyped i win button games .

Wow, that was so Viral, I think I will get sick after reading it....

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Hi there ,

OP created an account and now has one post to say this. He's flame baiting nothing more lol. No one from UO would even consider posting something like this about MO.

Funny post, I give it 7.5/10. Would have been even better if you talked about how poloshed MO was that would have made it a 10/10.

Also agree with the poster above me. SV seems to have a Viral marketing campaigne going on. Least thats my experience with the sudden wave of locked and deleted threads followed by freshly made accounts with 1 post giving glowing reviews following shortly after lol.

Do keep in mind I'm not saying they "DO"I  said it merely seems like they have one going on atm.

• pbowmanpbowman Member UncommonPosts: 33

Hard work is going out and digging a ditch.

Hard work is getting up at 3:00 in the morning and putting in a 12-14 hour day at the plant.

Leveling a toon is not MY idea of hard work and I could care less what they give away 3-4 years down the road.

I played UO when it first came out, of course I was on a dial up, but all it was was step...freeze....step...freeze.  Most of the time anyway for me and my buddy.  Also, you couldn't step outside of town without getting ganked.  It was a great experience for me,  and there was fun, but once the fun stopped, I quit.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

For everyone other than the straight up gankers/griefers in UO Darkfall has fallen far short of delivering a game of substance.

Sandbox games are all about options to the available player, using tools to advance ones and others goals within a living breathing game world. Df falls short of this and chooses to make what would have been a fabulous sandbox into a FPS pvp game hidden in a extremely boring pve grind that's forced damn near everyone to think  twice about Macroing skills.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

Here I was hoping that someone from my gaming generation (UO) actually had a new worthy game to play. Never tried MO, but I haven't really heard good things either =[

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Rockgod99

For everyone other than the straight up gankers/griefers in UO Darkfall has fallen far short of delivering a game of substance.

Sandbox games are all about options to the available player, using tools to advance ones and others goals within a living breathing game world. Df falls short of this and chooses to make what would have been a fabulous sandbox into a FPS pvp game hidden in a extremely boring pve grind that's forced damn near everyone to think  twice about Macroing skills.

oO I think you posted in the wrong forums or got your games mixed up lol. But yeah so far MO looks as if it's missing the mark big time on the sandbox as well so I agree with you there. One day we may see another good fantasy sandbox, but that day doesn't seem to be any time soon.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

oO I think you posted in the wrong forums or got your games mixed up lol. But yeah so far MO looks as if it's missing the mark big time on the sandbox as well so I agree with you there. One day we may see another good fantasy sandbox, but that day doesn't seem to be any time soon.

Both games miss the mark, I will say that overtime DF may turn into the modern UO. I have faith but right now im kinda pissed that its as shallow as it is.

The devs are trying, Im just much more critical of my favorite sub-genre than most.

MO is complete dog shit as is Xsyon and CoG.

Im ashamed to be a sandbox fan right now since im forced to play game that are over 12 years old combined to get a quality experience.

Holy shit!!!! I just realized this was the MO forums lol!!!!!!!  this is what I get for posting before i drink my coffee.

Oh well MO, DF doesnt matter both try to cater to the long lost UO player and fall short.

Sorry for the mix up.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Holy shit!!!! I just realized this was the MO forums lol!!!!!!!  this is what I get for posting before i drink my coffee.

Oh well MO, DF doesnt matter both try to cater to the long lost UO player and fall short.

Sorry for the mix up.

It is ok, no one got offended image

• Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

ppl put up with UO b/c it was the only mmo out back then.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Originally posted by Beazt

I tried the game too.

Sure, it has potential... but alot of games have that, the diffference is when the devs actually make something out of the potential and make a game which is good.

MO is running out of cash, and is releasing soon, it's gonna go down as the most bugg,y half-finished game ever released, but if they can pull through the crisis, and win the crowd in the end, then you have a game.

I'm pretty sure you just fired up mortal online like yesterday, and thought, wow, this is great!... Everyone have that feeling when they fire up a new game, it's only  matter of time before it wears off, then you'll see the teethless junkie, behind the supermodel appearence.

You thought to yourself, "Hey, im gonna make an account on mmorpg.com, and sling around my fanboyism, and that'll make everyone see how great this game really is"

Everyone here knows better though.

The problem today are kids who have no problem buying half baked games, with mamma's credit card.

publisher's see this trend, and if they make cash why not just keep doing it.

They only need to make half a product, then promise that you'll get the other half later, but you pay full price.

Then they tweak the game a bit, add some minor patches, people get's pissed off cause they don't add more content and leave, and they'll start their next project, which is gonna be the same crap.

Hype / Sell /  Win

imageimage      Sad but true

I win!!! LOL@U

agree, they will keep coming out with half finished game unless we stop buying them.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

you people love functioning overhyped i win button games .

Who doesnt love a functioning game? image 

I win!!! LOL@U

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

That's rather a dismissive over-simplification don't you think?

Even if it was "the only MMO out", people still wouldn't have played it if there wasn't something about it they enjoyed. It's not like they were somehow obligated to play a MMO at all and felt, "well, it may as well be UO, since there's nothing else out".

Your logic also flies in the face of the fact that people are still playing it, despite its age and despite the "other MMOs out". It also flies in the face of the fact that there are people who would like a newer MMO modeled after it.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Originally posted by WSIMike

Even if it was "the only MMO out", people still wouldn't have played it if there wasn't something about it they enjoyed. It's not like they were somehow obligated to play a MMO at all and felt, "well, it may as well be UO, since there's nothing else out".

Your logic also flies in the face of the fact that people are still playing it, despite its age and despite the "other MMOs out". It also flies in the face of the fact that there are people who would like a newer MMO modeled after it.

Agreed, but MO is not that new game. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Hi there ,

, If you never experienced UO in its glory days you shouldnt comment on this game and go back to play WoW because not a single player who did play back then would say a bad thing about this game ,  if you dont like it fine , its not your niche game theres a billion f2p asian games on the market that mimic what you like to play , plus some even give you awsome fair even arena PvP ( laugh ).

EDIT (if you never played old school UO you should not comment on MO?  I say if you never played NWN on AOL or Meridian or The Realm you should not comment on UO - because. . well. . that makes you less l33t)

First of all thinking that anyone that played UO (which I played from beta) wouldn ot have "anything" bad to say about MO is laughable.  There are a lot of problems witn MO.  .saying a game is good just because it has the same problems as an old game you like is failed logic at its best.  Good game=had problems   SO has problems = good game

Then you go and say it must be better than STO which is of course true. . so it is better than one of the most dissapointing games just released and has many problems like a game you used to love so it must be good and if you don't agree go back to WoW. . heh at least it made me laugh sort of.  I am assuming you are being sarcastic or something.

Just an FYI I do like MO but not for the reasons you present.  Have you even played it yet?

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Originally posted by Kyleran

Agreed, but MO is not that new game. 

Apparently not. At least not at this point.

I gave MO a trial run some time back, albeit in Beta when they were openly inviting, and definitely felt it needed more time in the oven. Just felt very sluggish and clunky at the time. No sure how it is now compared to back then.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,

1.  Would u buy a brand new 2011 car even tho u know its full of problem?

2. Why ppl buy iphone even tho AT&T connection sux?  b/c its only iphone out in the US so ppl have to put up with it.

• ThedrizzleThedrizzle Member Posts: 322

2. Why ppl buy iphone even tho AT&T connection sux?  b/c its only iphone out in the US so ppl have to put up with it.

Ughhh I played UO cause it was fun. challenging, frustraing, gave me adrenaline rushs and also made me wanna throw my monitor out the window. To this day other than DAOC, it is my all time favorite game. 

I suppose I coulda played EQ, but I guess not cause i loved UO, not put up with it.

Broad generalizations FTW. Did you even play UO pre-trammel? Or do you just take bits and pieces of what others say and ride that train?

What does that have to do with your assertion that people only played UO because "it was the only MMO out back then"? Care to clarify that, or elaborate on what brings you to that conclusion?

Because they like the features that the IPhone brings them? Perhaps AT&T doesn't suck in their experience? Perhaps because they find the product suits their needs?

Don't assume everyone shares your opinion on things.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

man, your arguments are getting weaker, mate :-)

1. As I understand it, Ferarri's can be very problematic cars. But if I had that kind of money, you get your ass I'd buy one..

2. AT&T coverage is great for my location and verizon blows.  About 20 minutes away, the opposite is true.  So this argument is so conditional that it must be ignored.

As for your arguement that UO was played because it was the only one available, i think if it sucked, people would have NOT played it and said..'.this new MMO concept really sucks'...

Ironically enough, UO is kind of like the Ferarri, it did have lots of problems, but it was so FUN that people were willing to put up with them.

However, MO is not even a lingering shadow of UO.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature