Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: MMORPG.com is Hiring!

124»

Comments

• Originally posted by jakoblin

since it does not list how much you get paid , I WOULD ASSUME YOU GET PAID $1 PER HOUR. who want to get paid that low ? huh ???

Does minimum wage not exist to you?

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Can I have a job writing a review of Mortal Online?  Many of their fans think I work for you guys, why not just make it official?  image

• Damn wanna apply but there are far more qualified people so hey give the job to them. Just for info though what would the samples be, a review of an MMORPG or? And what would be included in a feature article.

• negentropynegentropy Member Posts: 241

Originally posted by mudroll

Originally posted by jakoblin

since it does not list how much you get paid , I WOULD ASSUME YOU GET PAID $1 PER HOUR. who want to get paid that low ? huh ???

Minimum wage doesn't apply to freelance work, which is how this job is probably classified.

EDIT: Actually I just looked up Cyber Creations in my handy-dandy database I use to decide where to submit my work. It says the company has 1-4 employees, so yeah, I'll bet all the writers are freelance. However, the data seems to be from 2007, so it may have changed by now.

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -Winston Churchill

• Originally posted by negentropy

Originally posted by mudroll

Originally posted by jakoblin

Minimum wage doesn't apply to freelance work, which is how this job is probably classified.

EDIT: Actually I just looked up Cyber Creations in my handy-dandy database I use to decide where to submit my work. It says the company has 1-4 employees, so yeah, I'll bet all the writers are freelance. However, the data seems to be from 2007, so it may have changed by now.

True nough but then again this is probably based on commision and not hourly pay.

• vatzcarvatzcar Member Posts: 22

I can't read. I can't write. I can't talk. Hey, hold a sec. I CAN talk!

Let's settle this. I can't read, I can't write but I can talk. Can I have the job now?

A good programmer is the person who creates thousands of bugs while fixing hundreds!

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

to bad I'm not a very good typer or I would do this, I been gaming since teh 80's and I have played every MMO that is P2P and alot of free ones, I also beta test alot, as of right now i'm in 8 other beta's..

I also have the time sadly I can't type great..  I'm also going to school now in the gaming industry and going for graphic design...

MY weekends are free also. Oh well I had most of what you  where looking for besides, typing skills, one of my low points .. good luck. on finding someone.

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by Darkcrystal

to bad I'm not a very good typer or I would do this, I been gaming since teh 80's and I have played every MMO that is P2P and alot of free ones, I also beta test alot, as of right now i'm in 8 other beta's..

I also have the time sadly I can't type great..  I'm also going to school now in the gaming industry and going for graphic design...

MY weekends are free also. Oh well I had most of what you  where looking for besides, typing skills, one of my low points .. good luck. on finding someone.

If the only drawback is your typing, use a spellchecker program. You have plenty of time to edit your articles before you send them in.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• negentropynegentropy Member Posts: 241

Originally posted by Darkcrystal

Typing skills were essential for a writer back when we still used typewriters -- mainly because it was much harder to make corrections. These days, you have dozens of tools to help you overcome the mechanical aspect of getting your words down in tangible form.

One of my colleagues still writes on paper and hires a typist to get his work into computer files. He says the act of physically writing on paper makes him think before he writes. It works for him.

No one needs to know how you go from conception to finished product -- it's basically none of their business. The only thing that matters is the finished work.

If typing is your only concern, I wouldn't let that hold you back. Find a way to work around the issue.

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -Winston Churchill
  • lorddeath101lorddeath101 Member UncommonPosts: 315

I know for a fact it is $1 per hour.