Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

do you plan to play on ps3 3denabled game?

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-brief/49901-ps3-3d-patches-will-be-free

i didnt know 3d game would be avail this fast any plan to play those games?

Comments

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

No, because a "3D compatible TV set" costs a fortune (for now).

There was something about 3D TVs on TV a week or two ago, they showcased Wipeout 3D and it looks pretty good to be honest.

Still, too expensive right now.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

I've been curious about 3d for a while so I finally got my buddy's old E-Dimensional shutter glasses out to try 3d gaming on my PC, had to use a CRT for them to work but they worked perfect using iZ3d beta drivers in interlaced.

Some games had a really nice 3d depth effect, but to me it wasn't game changing. I wouldn't call it gimmicky (it does work, and sometimes quite well) but after about 15 minutes of playing a game the novelty would wear off and didn't feel any different than just playing without. Playing in '2d' is the equivalent of walking around with 1 eye closed, it's really not a problem so getting the 3d perspective isn't really a big change in the end.

The short lived novelty along with the difficulty in using UI's it gives (crosshairs in FPS and mouse targeting in RPG/strategy/mmo) makes it not worth keeping the CRT on my desk, gonna keep it out for a few days so my friends can check it out cuz it is cool and worth experiencing, but not cool enough to buy to me.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I wouldn't enable Stereoscopic unless I had a really impressive theater setup.  I doubt you can enjoy 3D with such a small space of your vision.  The effect of steroscopic is not difficult at all with a game already developed in 3D, you just render from 2 cameras instead of 1.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

As long as 3D involves wearing glasses I'm out.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon