Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCSoft as publisher ? lol fail

jomarguejomargue Member UncommonPosts: 60

GW2 will have one of the worst customer services out there with NCSoft as publishers, not to mention the massive account hacking, and bots / farmers running rampant everywhere... what were guys in ArenaNet smoking when they thought of NCSoft as publishers?

Comments

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

agreed after they got our money and let our accounts be hacked and then blame us for our accounts being hacked, then not care, love ncsoft bleh..

I got to play my account for 5 days from release before I got banned and hacked... and I paid 70 bucks for my game, I won't buy another ncsoft game again. First MMO I been hacked with since MMO's came out... They  told me I went to a bad/fake  site funny thing was I was gone for months in a coma..... so kinda hard to do that ... then they told me I took to long to tell them about my account well I was in a coma... and they told me well its your responsible to do this and that, I said why didn't you email me so my wife could see it etc.,. They said its not there policy to do so.. nice company won't happen again they can shove it..

Anyone who buys there stuff is asking for there money to be taken and peopel can bash others etc when it happen to you , you will see, ban and hack only happens if you inactive , its a very common practice ncsoft told me , kinda funny they knew what was going on yet they did nothing can you say inside job....

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

I agree, they should go in business with SOE, much better company.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941

As for bots/farmers is not so much the fault of the publisher as it is of how the game is designed. Wow for example doesn't suffer from this not because they are good in fighting the farmers but because is pointless farming or boting in that game. Gold doesn't have much valor in the game and you don't get the great stuff if you don't play.

• BesttheiswowBesttheiswow Member Posts: 301

Ncsoft as publisher is the only thing that is making me worried about GW2..

• conceptteconceptte Member Posts: 35

Only thing that fails here is the OP.  NCsoft has owned Arenanet since 2002.   Arenaent were not smokign anything, Ncsoft makes the decisions.  Like many people on this site, people come here chatting crap and then make it sound as if its true.

So unless your trying to say this is all new, and Ncsoft aquired areneatnet 2 or 3 months ago, I suggets you get ur facts staright.   Ncsoft has been behind GW and all its expansions since the beginning.

• jomarguejomargue Member UncommonPosts: 60

Originally posted by Muke

Well at least SOE can keep ur accounts safe, I still have my original EQII account after many years of inactivity , 2 months after I quit AION my account got hacked, my first account hacked in 10 years playing MMORPG's , they told me some funny stuff about it , and the very same happened to lots of ppl. Just warning u guys, investing in a game published by NCSoft is wasting your time and money

Originally posted by conceptte

Only thing that fails here is the OP.  NCsoft has owned Arenanet since 2002.   Arenaent were not smokign anything, Ncsoft makes the decisions. 

If thats true then its more than enough reason to avoid this game like plague

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by jomargue

GW2 will have one of the worst customer services out there with NCSoft as publishers, not to mention the massive account hacking, and bots / farmers running rampant everywhere... what were guys in ArenaNet smoking when they thought of NCSoft as publishers?

Publisher: They print the game manuals, they make the game dvd's, they have a distribution channel, they put some or all the money to develop the game. Thye make adds but they dont develop the game. So they have nothing to do with hacks, bots and farmers. Maybe something with hacked accounts but I dont think NCSoft account system is worst than battle.net hahaha.

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Well at least SOE can keep ur accounts safe, I still have my original EQII account after many years of inactivity , 2 months after I quit AION my account got hacked, my first account hacked in 10 years playing MMORPG's , they told me some funny stuff about it , and the very same happened to lots of ppl. Just warning u guys, investing in a game published by NCSoft is wasting your time and money

All of mine and my pals' NCSoft accounts have been perfectly safe for years, zero problems.

"You're doing it wrong!"

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• conceptteconceptte Member Posts: 35

Only thing that fails here is the OP.  NCsoft has owned Arenanet since 2002.   Arenaent were not smokign anything, Ncsoft makes the decisions. 

If its true.................LOL.  This is what im talking about.   People coming here tlaking about stuff they dont know anything about, and then talking about if things just happened.

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

Originally posted by Dreathor

All of mine and my pals' NCSoft accounts have been perfectly safe for years, zero problems.

"You're doing it wrong!"

LMAO same here image

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

If its true.................LOL.  This is what im talking about.   People coming here tlaking about stuff they dont know anything about, and then talking about if things just happened.

ok I didnt know Arenanet and NCSoft were same company , does that invalidate me to talk about how bad of a publisher NCSoft is? or how bad their non-existant CS is? gotta love fanbois..

• gamerman98gamerman98 Member UncommonPosts: 807

ok I didnt know Arenanet and NCSoft were same company , does that invalidate me to talk about how bad of a publisher NCSoft is? or how bad their non-existant CS is? gotta love fanbois..

NCsoft was publisher of the first Guild Wars as well. My account has been safe, and haven't had anything like bots in GW since as far back as the first OB for GW.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

this thread is just a FAIL lol

Looks like someone is trying to befoul a game because they got banned account

Rofl arenanet is under NCSoft for years with GW ..

Not to mention titles such as Lineage or Aion

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• WarbandWarband Member UncommonPosts: 723

Wow the ignorance of this thread is mind numbing..... NcSoft has always been the publisher of gw. ArenaNet is controlled directly by NcSoft West which is managed by former founders of A-net. Meaning that they as a company have a huge amount of freedom because of that. They are allowed to steer the development of this game in the direction they want. Meaning they are not directly accountable to the share holders and is the reason why A-net is allowed to do all these things.

Say what you want about NcSoft but they are one of the reasons why this game hasn't been pushed to a early release with minimal interference on development on their part. In many ways they are actually a god send.

• NeyonNeyon Member Posts: 197

Originally posted by Pigozz

this thread is just a FAIL lol

Looks like someone is trying to befoul a game because they got banned account

Rofl arenanet is under NCSoft for years with GW ..

Not to mention titles such as Lineage or Aion

This. Arenanet is a subsiduary of ncsoft. Nice going guys.

------------------------------

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

The OP is incorrect about some of his info, except the fact peopel did get banned hacked... the ones that did not where the lucky ones and ncsoft was full aware of it... and for those saying people did something wrong is a lie... It happen to people who left the game and tried to come back to find there account used ... with a game card which my state does not even sell 30 month cards. nor do I use them ..

I was in a coma proven to ncsoft that someone not me played my account in jan of this year... that being said I got action taken from ncsoft on there end can;t not say what they did for me as they know it was not my fault.. so what the Op saying is true as this has happen to many accounts.

Now if you played and paid for your account with out many breaks then you won't get hacked the reaon most got hacked was so the gold sellers could use your account to macro and make RL cash with your account I was told ncsoft about this and if you do not beleive him, call ncsoft your self , this is how I ound my account as I CHECKED IT after seeing many posts about this. So laugh at the OP for this saying he got banned when it happens to you then people like you will be the first to whine on the forums.

Anyhow to the OP I agree with you 100 % as this happen to me and 4 other guild mates who left the game at release to find they where hacked banned, but NCSOFT did release the bans on all of our accounts but we no longer wanna play as there accounts are to easy to hack.. so this is what the OP is saying, Far as Guild wars 1 ,

Guild war 1 has better secruity than Aion go figure as they did not hack L2 city of heros and GW , just Aion, so for those talking about GW that is not valid.. but just for this I will not buy GW2 period.. even though its not Aion,

Its the fact ncsoft is involved period..... again flame on it will happen to you... already has to many of others..

• TheNitewolfTheNitewolf Member Posts: 102

Any more breaking news? Like a terrorist attack on the WTC or the US marching into Iraq?

Tho I have to say it's soothing when these ppl say they won't touch GW2, makes it less likely to have them around annoying me while I play.

My Signature

• brokenssbrokenss Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by grunt187

"You're doing it wrong!"

LMAO same here image

Yep, same here.

This thread has no meaning. There is nothing wrong with NCSoft. People think "OMG its NCSoft publisher! The game will fail", without even understanding what "Publisher" means.

~Awesome Tr!x

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

I have actually had problems with NCSoft and not just Arena Net and I still am not worried and am excited about GW 2.  Once, after they implimented the must know a character system for GW security, I could not remember a character and it took forever cause they wanted tons and tons of info about every serial number I have on the account etc etc etc.

The second time i tried to log on one day and discovered my NCsoft Master Account had been permabanned for credit card fraud.  Now here is the good part, I hadn't played any of my NCsoft published games for months and the last credit card purchase I made was an extra bank slot for GW, a free to play game.  I say months but thats not entirely true.  Literally like two days prior to the Permaban I logged on to GW to see if a friend was on and logged back out.  So something had happened recently you see.

Again they wanted every serial number etc but this time they wanted every credit card I had used for NC soft purchases and this is where I drew the line and said screw it.

because of this I lost a GW account with all expansions, an L2 account, and a CoH/CoV account. 

All due to supposed Credit Card Fraud that I did not commit.

but...

they games they publish are fun to play what can I say?  Sure the customer service sucks if you ever have to deal with them but..

so does blizzard.

I have lost accounts to hacking with them as well after taking all the correct precautions.

In fact the ONLY publisher I have yet to have issues with is SOE.

Anyway, my point is if a game is good i'm going to play regaurdless of the publisher.  Why?  because I'm a gamer.

• captainnlcaptainnl Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by wildtalent

I have actually had problems with NCSoft and not just Arena Net and I still am not worried and am excited about GW 2.  Once, after they implimented the must know a character system for GW security, I could not remember a character and it took forever cause they wanted tons and tons of info about every serial number I have on the account etc etc etc.

The second time i tried to log on one day and discovered my NCsoft Master Account had been permabanned for credit card fraud.  Now here is the good part, I hadn't played any of my NCsoft published games for months and the last credit card purchase I made was an extra bank slot for GW, a free to play game.  I say months but thats not entirely true.  Literally like two days prior to the Permaban I logged on to GW to see if a friend was on and logged back out.  So something had happened recently you see.

Again they wanted every serial number etc but this time they wanted every credit card I had used for NC soft purchases and this is where I drew the line and said screw it.

because of this I lost a GW account with all expansions, an L2 account, and a CoH/CoV account. 

All due to supposed Credit Card Fraud that I did not commit.

but...

they games they publish are fun to play what can I say?  Sure the customer service sucks if you ever have to deal with them but..

so does blizzard.

I have lost accounts to hacking with them as well after taking all the correct precautions.

In fact the ONLY publisher I have yet to have issues with is SOE.

Anyway, my point is if a game is good i'm going to play regaurdless of the publisher.  Why?  because I'm a gamer.

So basically you say their Customer Support sucks because you didn't want to take the time to get you account back? LMAO... I have had the exact same experience as you have and I DID took the time to send my serials etc... and within 2 days I had my account back.. NCSoft Customer Support is freaking epic -.-

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

What is this? Attack of the Trolls?

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

What bothers me is... none of you can type a coherent sentence or paragraph.

True story.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ZionnaxZionnax Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by grunt187

"You're doing it wrong!"

LMAO same here image

Same, a few accounts across a few games.  CoH opened at release, came back for CoV, returned a few times, plus other games.  Never had a single issue with my account or it's security.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

<sighs>

if you want good customer support be prepared to pay $50 a month, instead of just once $50.

NC-soft is just as good/bad as any other SOE, Blizzard, Square-Enix, Funcom, EA are all considered evil by most of the fanboys.

Only exception for most is Turbine entertainment........

I have faith in the Arenanet/NCsoft  combination because they did a great job with GW, espescially at the monthly fee thats payed for GW.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

This discussion has been closed.