Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just had to laugh

GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

I recently put up a few threads asking people one question per thread about MMOs here and i got somewhat criticized and everything for posting up them.

but then this happened LOL

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/staffblog/052010/6181_Community-Spotlight-Your-Most-Looked-Forward-to-MMO.html

I know its not a big deal but i find it funny. lol 

[Mod edit]

Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/

Comments

• EchobeEchobe Member Posts: 262

You are a little thread happy.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

Maybe it's a little early, or maybe I haven't had enough coffee but I don't get it.

Are you proud of yourself for being quoted or something?

• GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

Nah just find it funny that a moderator was warning me about spam and then people were telling me it was lame that I posted a question per thread. Thats all I even mentioned it wasn't a big deal. 

• dzikundzikun Member Posts: 150

Hmmm Thats actually interesting. Shows how this site works...

I've been uplinked and downloaded, I've been inputted and outsourced. I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading.

I'm a high-tech low-life. A cutting-edge, state-of-the-art, bi-coastal multi-tasker, and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond.

I'm new-wave, but I'm old-school; and my inner child is outward-bound.

I'm a hot-wired, heat-seeking, warm-hearted cool customer; voice-activated and bio-degradable.

RIP George Carlin.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I missed the joke apparently.

But regarding starting threads, generally a good idea never to even start a thread in a new forum until you have about 100 posts under your belt

2nd, starting new threads should be done infrequently, because rare is it that you have something so new and rare to say that someone hasn't already done so before you.  Despite all my posts, I doubt I've started more than 25 threads in total, because I''m not that creative either.

Those who start new threads become instant targets, expect many to disagree with you strongly and challenge your opinion.

Finally, if your questions are all in the same forum topic, i.e. all about WOW or even all general gaming questions better for you to make one thread rather than several in a row.  We don't need the spam.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• uquipuuquipu Member Posts: 1,516

Congratulations! Pay them no mind, they are just jealous.

Well shave my back and call me an elf! -- Oghren

• DillingerEPDillingerEP Member UncommonPosts: 366

Want a cookie????

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Originally posted by GeminiStatic

[Mod Edit]

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. It's not a vindication of every thread you posted. It's hard enough to separate the gold from the dross without people creating a new thread for every thought that pops into their heads. It's not about "rules" it's about simple courtesy.

Look man, its not that hard to understand this.

This is the perfect example of what I did...

Thread 1: What MMO are you anticipating?

Thread 2: Whats your favorite PvP MMO of all time?

Thread 3: Whats your favorite MMO Of all time?

Now why did I do this? because ist specific questions and not everyone is into PvP and not everyone is anticipating a new MMO... so yeah thats my reason and someone even thought it was lame but they admitted that the ADD that goes on in a forum with a bunch of quesitons won't get all the questions answered neither. It caused good discussions and it made it to the spotlight... so bam. In the end what the fuck did I do that was so wrong? if someone didn't like it they ignore simple as that. I sure as hell don't read every thread in a topic forum and I don't bitch about stupid questions or anything.  [Mod Edit]

Originally posted by uquipu

Thank you very much. 

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Its an open forum.  Feel free to speak your mind.  This isnt russia.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by Kyleran

I missed the joke apparently.

But regarding starting threads, generally a good idea never to even start a thread in a new forum until you have about 100 posts under your belt

2nd, starting new threads should be done infrequently, because rare is it that you have something so new and rare to say that someone hasn't already done so before you.  Despite all my posts, I doubt I've started more than 25 threads in total, because I''m not that creative either.

Those who start new threads become instant targets, expect many to disagree with you strongly and challenge your opinion.

Finally, if your questions are all in the same forum topic, i.e. all about WOW or even all general gaming questions better for you to make one thread rather than several in a row.  We don't need the spam.

Pretty good rule of thumb Kyl.

Although come to think of it, I generally agree with your posting. Pretty substantial since you are a PVP enthusiest, and EQ toned down a bit is my idea of PVE heaven.  Amazing what happens when a PVP person posts without utilizing "carebear" every other paragraph.

Wish MMORPG.com had more like ya.

So feel free to start as many threads as ya wish Kyl :)

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by svann

Its an open forum.  Feel free to speak your mind.  This isnt russia.

but this forum SHOULD be like MOTHER RUSSIAAAAAA!!!

[Mod Edit]

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• TheMilesTheMiles Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by uquipu

Haha! Really they do! ^