Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How's the botting?

unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462

I'm thinking about giving AOC a whirl after MMORPG's rereview.  My favorite MMO ever was DAOC and it looks like there might be some classes here that would suit an old stealther like me.

I quit AION many moons ago due to the rampant botting and I was wondering what the community perception is regarding how Funcom handles botters.  Obviously botting will never be completely eliminated from any MMO but I was still curious if players considered botters to be well handled by Funcom.  

Cheers!

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

I honestly haven't encountered any botters, everyone I've ran into are actually playing the game. Not saying they aren't there I just haven't seen any on Wic (US).

So really can't answer your question but only can give insight.

• Alpha52Alpha52 Member UncommonPosts: 11

Although I know for a fact that there are bots for AoC, you generally see very few due to the fact that there are SO many quests which are a much faster way of leveling. No  need to worry about bots with AoC.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

AoC doesn't have bots, it has macroers.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• nathanvandynnathanvandyn Member Posts: 98

i have been playing on and off since collectors edition early launch and have never ran into a botter, although you will run into a hacker but that is extremely rare, i have only seen 2 or 3 on a pvp server.

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462

Sounds good to me.  Time to DL this huge-ass client.

• lifer86lifer86 Member UncommonPosts: 48

Heres something I noticed AFTER downloading the huge-ass client. It has an option somewhere in the option for how much content to download. My recommendation is just check off the beginner Tortage content because the trial doesn't include anything else.

• nathanvandynnathanvandyn Member Posts: 98

if u got the disks from gamestop or somesuch which has godslayer and orig AoC, once u get these installed it only takes about 10 min to patch and ready to take some heads. if u are dling online, well then that sucks haha

• FalfeirFalfeir Member UncommonPosts: 492

you wont see any in AoC. even if there is any they'll be doing their business in private instances i'm guessing.  i've seen only one goldseller ad. in the last month in game.

I need more vespene gas.