Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

devs leaving swg

2»

Comments

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by TUX426

Originally posted by Obraik

Millbarge still works on SWG as he was today asking for feedback from Mayors, http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/preList.m?topic_id=1090928&post_id=12158818

Deadmeat overlooks the entire Austin studio so while he doesn't work directly on SWG anymore, he does still have some involvement with it (from time to time he pops in to talk about how he's watching server loads, etc).

Teesquared and Hjal are obviously still working on SWG, as is Jaskell and HanseSOE.  DevH still seems to have some involvement in setting up server side systems.  Chrysalide has always been an artist for SWG, but I wouldn't be surprised if the entire Austin studio share an artist team across all the games produced there.

Jaskell didn't say he still did, in fact, his comment "It actually represents our relationship with SWG." leads me to believe that he doesn't.

Neither did Millbarge, who just said "/fixed" and a disclaimer.

Your "artist" is a SoE employee, not a SWG Dev. 

DevH is long gone mate...don't believe the quirky references to him they make. The real DevH used to play on Flurry and I ran into him almost nightly. He may still be a "systems" guy for SoE, but he most assuredly doesn't spend his time on SWG most days.

Hanse is the only one I wish WASN'T working on SWG tbh, but he does seem to still be there.

You people seem to be confusing a "Roll Call of who is in the office" (which is what sparked this reply by the many former Devs) as a "Roll Call of who still works on SWG"...don't confuse the two.

Jaskell posted and confirmed that yes, he is still around, see this post, http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=150&topic_id=1090224#12160185

Millbarge posted asking for feedback on the Player City system, which implies that he must still be working as a developer on SWG (see the link I posted above.  Maybe this time you'll want to actually click it...)

I'm fully aware of the inhouse joke with DevH, however he's often involved in discussions with dealing with behind the scenes systems, even if he doesn't directly post about them.  Most recent was about a month ago when making modifications to the Factional Presence system.

Thanks for reiterating what I already posted in relation to the Artist, btw ;) 

Millbarge has been stated as not working with SWG somewhere on the forums.

He was not asking for feedback from the mayors, he was just wondering how they were doing. Like when I once contacted ex work colleagues how they are getting on when I left

Also his SWG logo has gone from his name - He is working at SOE but not on SWG.

• urbanosurbanos Member UncommonPosts: 13

Guys, this was a funerary meal. Nothing more, nothin less. image

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Well, add AdeptStrain to the list of devs that have left, not just SWG, but $OE entirley. He just  jumped ship to Bioware to work on TOR.

• ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176

Originally posted by Kazara

Well, add AdeptStrain to the list of devs that have left, not just SWG, but $OE entirley. He just  jumped ship to Bioware to work on TOR.

Great for Bioware, sucks for SOE. If Hjal decides to make the switch, it's over lol.

• j1flawj1flaw Member Posts: 131

We have Hjal, TT, and DevShade as active developers. Everyone else is working on DCUO or left the company.

The former developers still have access to the boards obviously. They posted on the SWG boards just to do it. I'd say almost everyone that posted is working heavily with DCUO. The game is set to come out later this year so they are working hard on that.

Hjal and DevShade are smart and doing what they can for SWG. We will likely see no new major content added to SWG.

We've also seen the TCG slow down likely for the Star Wars Adventures TCG coming in a few months too.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by j1flaw

We have Hjal, TT, and DevShade as active developers. Everyone else is working on DCUO or left the company.

The former developers still have access to the boards obviously. They posted on the SWG boards just to do it. I'd say almost everyone that posted is working heavily with DCUO. The game is set to come out later this year so they are working hard on that.

Hjal and DevShade are smart and doing what they can for SWG. We will likely see no new major content added to SWG.

We've also seen the TCG slow down likely for the Star Wars Adventures TCG coming in a few months too.

LIES!

Oh...wait...you're right. :)