Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

¡Ay, Caramba! It's Happening Again!

OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

What happened to Turkey is about to happen to Central America and South America.

GamersFirst bought the licensing rights to Runes of Magic for both Central and South America.

If you are from Central or South America and play RoM then you can expect your accounts to be IP blocked soon.

As our licensing agreement with Runewaker (developer) who is the legal editor of the game to Latin America, GamersFirst is the only publisher of the LA in Mexico, South America and Central America, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia , Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama and all other countries of South America and Central America.

Don't expect a transfer or refund. Turkish players didn't get one. In fact, Turkish players didn't even get a warning that this was going to happen.

I know that this isn't entirely Frogster's fault (guess they didn't know they weren't suppose to allow players outside their region to play?) and that Frogster doesn't want this to happen (lost income for Frogster) but Frogster's response is appalling. Deleting forum posts and denying that this is happening while offering no warnings, refunds or apologies to paying customers is unbelievable.

Didn't Frogster even have a server designated as Latin American?

Shame on you, Runewaker.

Comments

• frostsmithfrostsmith Member Posts: 111

Ha. All I can say is, "TOLD YOU SO!" I'm glad to see the die hard fans of RoM finally seeing the light on how shady this company is. Also, Frogster doesn't care either. It's best to stay away from anything that is connected to RoM.