Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Class

Hi
I've been playing on the starter island & have decided  to subscribe. I've been playing AOC ROTGS but even though the graphics are great & the new feat system is good, the world just don't feel right. I think the vanguard world feels more immersive.

Anyway i've been playing a blood mage so far & quite enjoyed it, with plenty of people to team up with & do quests .
Now I know that im going to subscribe I want to choose the right class for me.
Basically my favorite class i've ever played is a elemental / resto shaman in wow, I tend to go for hybrids usually.
Is the shaman in vanguard similar or is there another class more like the shaman from wow.

thanks

Comments

• DmyankeeDmyankee Member UncommonPosts: 135

The shaman in VG is a healer first dps second. You can DPS depending on the pet. My wife has a level 12 shaman she is thoroughly enjoying. If you are looking for a hybrid feel you can spec into it. Shamans can have a tank pet (Bear Totem), DPS pets melee (wolf) caster (pheonix). With the defensive target you can heal while attacking the offensive target ... and such.

set up a macro to assist the MT then have hotkeys to heal the party and you are good to go.

Artorus Giltanus - Ranger EQ1 Retired
    Arturien - 90 Deathknight WoW

• RozallaRozalla Member Posts: 51

thanks for the reply,

What I liked about elemental shaman is that if i was dpsing & things got a bit messy, i could jump in an help out with a few heals

• ZuuzZuuz Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by Bibs1000

thanks for the reply,

What I liked about elemental shaman is that if i was dpsing & things got a bit messy, i could jump in an help out with a few heals

The shaman can do that. It depends on what 'patron' (specialization) you choose though. But I can't tell you all too much about a shaman so I'll wait for somebody else to comment on that:)

The blood mage can do it very well too. Has very decent dps and can heal BY dpsing but also throw regular heals around.