Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Red Dead Redemption be considered Game of the year?

2»

Comments

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Originally posted by Gameloading

Originally posted by Cleffy

You haven't missed much in the last couple years.  Probably the recent Bioware titles, but thats it.

PC games have always had to do more then consoles.  Linearity and short gameplay are 2 things that go hand in hand with consoles.  In the realm of shooters, there aren't any console games that have beaten the quality of Valve.  The only thing missing in PC is Japanese RPGs, but with the sinking popularity of the Playstation brand; Japanese developers are experimenting in different markets.

A linear design is not inferior to an open ended design. The reason why PC games are longer is due to the nature of the genres that are popular on the PC. A genre like an RTS can have a lot of gameplay length with less content. A match on a map can easily last up to 30 minutes to an hour. Sometimes even more. RPGs have a lot of content, but so had the ones on consoles.

The average shooter on PC isn't longer than the average shooter on console.

I very much disagree that any console shooter hasn't beaten the quality of Valve. I think their games are good, but I don't really see what seperates a game like Half Life 2 from the rest of the shooters. It had a really great storyline and a good length, but the gameplay was fairly typical of a shooter and in some aspects perhaps even outdated.

There are some more genres that the PC is missing. The fighting and platform genre aren't really present on the PC. Third person shooters are also somewhat lacking when compared to consoles

While this is certainly true, how many linearly designed games can you bare before you become bored? In terms of polish console games will usually outshine a PC game, but in innovation not so much. I'm not saying there is a great difference within the industry between PC and console gaming, but there is a small one and imo PC may have a little less polish but will always be a step in front with innovation.

Now Super Mario Galaxies.. thats a different story and I'm looking forward to that one. But gems like that are few and far between.

O_o o_O

• pureckjpureckj Member Posts: 28

fall out is nice

Bring back Vanilla WoW pvp