Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MSF (Motorcycle safety course) -- Damn it's fun!

VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

Best 140 bucks I've ever spent.  Remember driver's ed, where you were in class for days and days, then only to actually drive for maybe 6 hours at the end?  Well this isn't like that at all.  You do ALOT of riding, and it's tons of fun! 

If you ever had any interest at all, sign up for it.  You won't regret it.  I mean you could go ride go-karts and spend like 30 minutes for probably 40 bucks, but this is like 2 solid days of riding. 

Comments

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I took that course years ago here in Florida.  I took it in August and it was like 100 degrees.  They had snacks for us too.

It was 8 hours on a Saturday and 8 hours on a Sunday.  The written test was given at a hotel at night in a conference room the Thursday before.  The written test was easy, they basically gave you the answers.

Overall, it was a blast.  Two people failed, one was a woman and one was a real old guy.  

The woman put her foot down in a tight turning exercise.  I think I paid like $200.00.

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

By far the best money you can spend when getting back into motorcycles or transitioning from dirt to street, etc.  Take the class every 3 years if your insurance company gives you a discount (mine does).

Also, see if they have an advanced class.  They do in Florida.  I keep saying I want to take it, but I cant find the time.  You actually use your own motorcycle in the advanced one.

• VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

Yeah I plan on taking the advanced class soon.  My wife is scheduled to take the next beginner class along with her mom, and my sister and maybe my neice.  lol  The good news is, while I was on my bike to come in (ordered a Ducati Monster 796) in July, I can go ahead and purchase my wife's bike (Ninja 250) and ride around on that to get some practice in. :) 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Moving from an iron cage to a motorcycle requires a sea change in thought about your actions and the end result of them. Don't break your bones while you really and truly learn that.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • motofeastmotofeast Member Posts: 1

Yamaha FZ1 Fazer is a powerful naked street sports bike. FZ1 Fazer gives the basic touch of R1 on road. It is available in ABS too. It has

aggressive, stunning and bold looks with attached saddlebags . It is a member of Yamaha’s FZ Series. It has an advanced 1000cc hi-tech engine.

The bike boasts of its 21st century modern technology. It is a brilliant blend of stunning performance, elegant styling.

Its features are as explained below:

Features:

•    Dual 320 mm front disc brakes

•    Liquid-cooled 4-cylinder 998cc Supersport-based engine

•    Aluminum frame

•    Extra-long truss-type aluminum swingarm

•    Forward riding position

•    Available in ABS

It has in-line four, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC 998cc engine that generates the impressive power of 147.91 HP @ 11000 RPM and the

torque of 106.00 Nm @ 10800 RPM. The engine is ultra responsive to open throttle. The ECU mapping has been improved to enhance the throttle

response for its 2010 version. It delivers magnificent performance; all thanks to great Yamaha Engineering.

Some more information:

Facts:

Engine and transmission:

Displacement:            998cc

Engine type:            In-line four, four-stroke, Liquid-cooled, DOHC

Power:                147.91 HP @ 11000 RPM

Torque:            106.00 Nm @ 10800 RPM

Compression ratio:        11.5:1

Bore x stroke:            77.0 x 53.6 mm

Fuel system:            Injection

Ignition:            TCI

Lubrication system:        Wet sump

Gearbox:            6-speed

Final drive:            Chain

Clutch:                Wet, multiple-disc coil spring

Dimensions:

Height:                1,205 mm

Length:            2,140 mm

Width:                770 mm

Seat height:            815 mm

Ground clearance:        135 mm

Wheelbase:            1,460 mm

Brakes and wheels:

Frame type:            Aluminum

Rake:                25.0°

Front suspension:        Telescopic forks

Rear suspension:        Swingarm

Tires:

Front:            120/70-ZR17

Rear:            190/50-ZR17

Brakes:

Front:            Double disc

Rear:            Single disc

Physical capacities:

Gross weight:            220 kg

Fuel capacity:            18 L

Oil capacity:            3.80 L

Color:                Blue, white, black

It has rigid aluminum chassis which is a great balance of rigidity and flexibility. Its chassis provides it a great deal of stability at high

speeds. It has comfortable forward riding position for the ease of rider with the usage of  helmets. It has extra-long 624 mm aluminum swing-

arm suspension that ensures comfortable ride.

You may buy this bike for yourself and get first-hand experience!

moto feast

Originally posted by motofeast

Yamaha FZ1 Fazer is a powerful naked street sports bike. FZ1 Fazer gives the basic touch of R1 on road. It is available in ABS too. It has

aggressive, stunning and bold looks with attached [url=http://www.leatherup.com/c/Motorcycle-Saddle-Bags/2/151.html]saddlebags[/url] . It is a member of Yamaha’s FZ Series. It has an advanced 1000cc hi-tech engine.

The bike boasts of its 21st century modern technology. It is a brilliant blend of stunning performance, elegant styling.

Its features are as explained below:

Features:

•    Dual 320 mm front disc brakes

•    Liquid-cooled 4-cylinder 998cc Supersport-based engine

•    Aluminum frame

•    Extra-long truss-type aluminum swingarm

•    Forward riding position

•    Available in ABS

It has in-line four, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC 998cc engine that generates the impressive power of 147.91 HP @ 11000 RPM and the

torque of 106.00 Nm @ 10800 RPM. The engine is ultra responsive to open throttle. The ECU mapping has been improved to enhance the throttle

response for its 2010 version. It delivers magnificent performance; all thanks to great Yamaha Engineering.

Some more information:

Facts:

Engine and transmission:

Displacement:            998cc

Engine type:            In-line four, four-stroke, Liquid-cooled, DOHC

Power:                147.91 HP @ 11000 RPM

Torque:            106.00 Nm @ 10800 RPM

Compression ratio:        11.5:1

Bore x stroke:            77.0 x 53.6 mm

Fuel system:            Injection

Ignition:            TCI

Lubrication system:        Wet sump

Gearbox:            6-speed

Final drive:            Chain

Clutch:                Wet, multiple-disc coil spring

Dimensions:

Height:                1,205 mm

Length:            2,140 mm

Width:                770 mm

Seat height:            815 mm

Ground clearance:        135 mm

Wheelbase:            1,460 mm

Brakes and wheels:

Frame type:            Aluminum

Rake:                25.0°

Front suspension:        Telescopic forks

Rear suspension:        Swingarm

Tires:

Front:            120/70-ZR17

Rear:            190/50-ZR17

Brakes:

Front:            Double disc

Rear:            Single disc

Physical capacities:

Gross weight:            220 kg

Fuel capacity:            18 L

Oil capacity:            3.80 L

Color:                Blue, white, black

It has rigid aluminum chassis which is a great balance of rigidity and flexibility. Its chassis provides it a great deal of stability at high

speeds. It has comfortable forward riding position for the ease of rider with the usage of  [url=http://www.leatherup.com/l/Motorcycle-Helmets/12.html]helmets[/url] . It has extra-long 624 mm aluminum swing-

arm suspension that ensures comfortable ride.

You may buy this bike for yourself and get first-hand experience!

I read the specs, but i noticed something was missing.............

Harley Davidson

nuff said

• VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

I ended up getting a black Ducati 848.  That thing is incredible! :) WAY more power than I'll ever need or experience.  I just take it easy, and when I need a bit of acceleration, it delivers.  I realize that if you actually obey the speed limits (+5-10mph), the bike is very docile, smooth and easy to ride.  There's no need for me to ever do 100+ anywhere, and I'm definately not gonna be doing it on curvy roads.  But even at these "slow" speeds it feels wonderful.  The roar of the engine (very different than a jap bike) is crazy! haha

Originally posted by Vhayne

I ended up getting a black Ducati 848.  That thing is incredible! :) WAY more power than I'll ever need or experience.  I just take it easy, and when I need a bit of acceleration, it delivers.  I realize that if you actually obey the speed limits (+5-10mph), the bike is very docile, smooth and easy to ride.  There's no need for me to ever do 100+ anywhere, and I'm definately not gonna be doing it on curvy roads.  But even at these "slow" speeds it feels wonderful.  The roar of the engine (very different than a jap bike) is crazy! haha

I will make an exception with a Ducati.  Those are sweet and fast scooters, still, my scooter will always be a Harley.

• sbakerjsbakerj Member Posts: 4

My parents recently got a Spyder- technically CALLED a motorcycle- but were very uncomfortable with riding it. So They got an instruction course. It was two days, but the guy went over everything. And the best thing? He was a certified teacher so they didn't have to take a driving test at the DMV.

• gregwilliamgregwilliam Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Thanks for updating Safety should be our first priority especially when we are riding a motorcycle you can also visit our website where you can buy biker jackets that are made from leather, denim, and different materials.
  • nancyclegg619nancyclegg619 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    The best performance is ensured by routine maintenance of motorcycles. Last but not least, rider education and training programmes may give riders useful skills for addressing a variety of riding conditions, improving overall road safety. For a fun and secure motorbike ride, put safety first. You can also click here.