Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is Runescape so Popular,but you dont see it on Advertisements?

Runescape67Runescape67 Member Posts: 4

Runescape,One of the most popular games on the internet.It is so Popular that it competes with World Of Warcraft,nearly the most popular game on the internet!But why dont people see advertisements of Runescape?

I've been playing the computer since i was 4,and i didn't see ONE advertisement for Runescape.Why though?It's REALLY popular,so WHY not make a trailer/commercial for it,or at LEAST an advertisement?

It may cost some money to make one but,for how many Members there are on Runescape,I think they have enough...So why not get one?Infact,it will increase the popularety of Runescape,AND the population of Members,making Runescape even more money than before.

If you know why,or have an idea why post your idea at this forum,ASAP!

Comments

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

Are you by chance advertisement No.2?

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Runescape does have trailers on youtube.

many years ago som1 told me about runescape on school and that made me a member of the game for almost 3 years long:)

Runescape is for the younger gamers and they go to school and ofcourse talk about it with each other.  Runescape is most of the times someones first mmorpg since most kids that start playing runescape dont know what mmorpg is and most wont play games like free realms since runescape got released at a great time its more known. this is what i think..

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

Maybe because people who play Runescape don't even know when they post something in the wrong forum?

Runescape has a forum, this belongs there.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Originally posted by Arakazi

Are you by chance advertisement No.2?

LOL I was thinking the same thing.  Why would a game like Runescape need to advertise?  It is a browser based game that is already popular and has millions of players world wide.  So why would they have to, it is a free game to play with the option of paying to drop ads, which many people don't care about anyway.

• Runescape67Runescape67 Member Posts: 4

Yes there are trailers on Youtube,but how would people who dont know about Runescape find it on Youtube?If they don't know about how would they "Search" it on Youtube?

Were you calling me "Unintellegent"!!! (Although im bad at grammar) but if you were im the smartest person in my whole grade! And im in GT/Gifted and talented!

TYpo.I was supposed to say:(Although im bad at grammar)but im the smartest person in my grade!

• KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288

My 8th grade English teacher practically begged me to transfer to her GT class...

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

Originally posted by Runescape67

Were you calling me "Unintellegent"!!! (Although im bad at grammar) but if you were im the smartest person in my whole grade! And im in GT/Gifted and talented!

And you're also so modest.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• negentropynegentropy Member Posts: 241

Originally posted by Kyleran

Maybe because people who play Runescape don't even know when they post something in the wrong forum?

Runescape has a forum, this belongs there.

Where else would you like this thread to be posted other than in Runescape -> General Discussion?

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -Winston Churchill
  • devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

LMAO! gotta love the RUNESCAPE ADVERTISERS these days. Now if you venture around these forums, you will undoubtedly see that runescape is not very popular with REAL GAMERS. Browse through the developers corner, and you will see that most consider it a " poor business model" but  do give them credit for their use of miniclip to gain new children to play. Jagex themselves has called their game a " junior mmo" .  Yes, that is right, a Junior mmo for children and heavily advertised their child safety features at E3.

Originally posted by deviliscious

LMAO! gotta love the RUNESCAPE ADVERTISERS these days. Now if you venture around these forums, you will undoubtedly see that runescape is not very popular with REAL GAMERS. Browse through the developers corner, and you will see that most consider it a " poor business model" but  do give them credit for their use of miniclip to gain new children to play. Jagex themselves has called their game a " junior mmo" .  Yes, that is right, a Junior mmo for children and heavily advertised their child safety features at E3.

Real Gamers. ROTFL. Now THAT'S funny...

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -Winston Churchill

Originally posted by negentropy

YES, Runescape is considered the game that those that are not even coordinated enough to play halo can play. image

( EVERYONE KNOWS HOW EASY HALO IS) LMAO!

Point and click much? image  u cn go get ur phatz and pk sum no0bz wif 1 h4nd n nut 3v3n h4v3 2 trie!

Better yet, lets repeat the same action OVER and OVER and OVER again and call that skillz! doesn;t matter which skill, it is all the same. point @ tree - do nothing - get logs - go to bank -go back to tree... or mining : point @ rock - do nothing- get ore - go to bank - go back to rock. Or how about fishing : point @ fish spot- do nothing - get fish- go to bank- go back to fish spot.  Sounds like countless hours of exicting, fun entertainment! YAY! 

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

They aren't aiming it at kids, whether you'd like to think that or not. Quoting an article from over two years ago with a different CEO saying it isn't going to prove you right. There hasn't been a 'kid' friendly update in about a year and most of the recent updates have been high level content and a skill which for once doesn't require grind and can use teamwork. You have to look at some of the updates of the last two years. BTW, what is your definition of kid, like the age range.

?

Originally posted by AkaJetson

They aren't aiming it at kids, whether you'd like to think that or not. Quoting an article from over two years ago with a different CEO saying it isn't going to prove you right. There hasn't been a 'kid' friendly update in about a year and most of the recent updates have been high level content and a skill which for once doesn't require grind and can use teamwork. You have to look at some of the updates of the last two years. BTW, what is your definition of kid, like the age range.

Yeah, but look who posted it: devillicious. Adults to NOT use -licious at the end of ANYTHING. Also her avatar is a doll and her quote talks about lollipops. Her profile says 29, but I'm guessing 15. Talk about kids!

Yeah, but look who posted it: devillicious. Adults to NOT use -licious at the end of ANYTHING. Also her avatar is a doll and her quote talks about lollipops. Her profile says 29, but I'm guessing 15. Talk about kids!

I always find it entertaining when I still get carded.. Thank you, you made me feel so young! image

You should have seen my previous avatar.. it scared some of my friends, so they chose this one by request. LMAO!

And FYI- Deviliscious is a REAL nickname I have had for many years.  If you really must know about the Lollipops,  That too is an inside joke with one of my friends. You should do further investigation prior to making assumptions.

• madmagic27madmagic27 Member Posts: 24

I always find it entertaining when I still get carded.. Thank you, you made me feel so young! image

You should have seen my previous avatar.. it scared some of my friends, so they chose this one by request. LMAO!

And FYI- Deviliscious is a REAL nickname I have had for many years.  If you really must know about the Lollipops,  That too is an inside joke with one of my friends. You should do further investigation prior to making assumptions.

Who doesn't know how to do further investigation into people's nicknames these days?

If they have NOT reinstated the 13+ age rule, they are still directly targeting children.

EVERYONE knows this is a " kids game".. look around:

Which MMOs are safe for kids? A parents guide to Massively Multiplayer games Feb 19, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVM9XJdMQLo&feature=related

Kid Gets hacked on runescape

aww AKA, you know as well as I do Andrew was and always has been calling the shots.. LMAO - new CEO= he was just throwing out a human shield! image That coward! He has been and still makes the decisions here.

Age range? UNDER 18.  Especially children under the age of 16. ANY human that has not reached adulthood, still  having a " Parent or legal guardian" making all their decisions for them. I personally think that children under the age of 16 should not even be allowed on the internet. image

I have looked at their updates in the last 2 years.. Nothing I really cared for. Still haven;t fixed the problem. I still cannot enjoy THIS game with friends due to their severely broken trade system.  On every other game I play I can give my sisters, brothers, and friends anything I wish.. Why would I want to play a game where I can;t even give away the crap I do not want.

After playing for as many years as I have, there was nothing I wanted on the game for myself. stockpiling poorly drawn pixel crap just doesn;t appeal to me. So what am I supposed to do with it? Let it collect pixel dust in the bank?

Can I still give Santa's out at christmas to anyone I want? Can I still give out masks  on halloween to anyone I want? NO- the ingame babysitter won;t let you now! image This game is a JOKE after over a decade of working on it.

Have you ever heard of ANY mmorpg developer, other than Jagex that came out and called their game a " Junior MMO"? ANYONE?

Originally posted by madmagic27

Who doesn't know how to do further investigation into people's nicknames these days?

1.He could have checked my post History.

2. He could have actually read the runescape forums here, where you can find an ACTUAL picture of me. LMAO

3. Or the easiest, He could just ask me. image

By His age, you would think he would have learned to think before he " assumes". image

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345

Anyone who uses "ROTFL" is not a real gamer...

It's "ROFL" or nothin' bro.

Originally posted by n00bit

Anyone who uses "ROTFL" is not a real gamer...

It's "ROFL" or nothin' bro.

I guess that would be true with this crowd. The additional 'T' might make their heads explode and that would just make a mess in their new, shiny protective helmets.

2. He could have actually read the runescape forums here, where you can find an ACTUAL picture of me. LMAO

By His age, you would think he would have learned to think before he " assumes". image

I didn't assume anything -- I made an observation. You railed on Runescape for being a "kids" MMO and yet YOUR profile here if rife with symbols/text describing childlike things. I just find it ironic.

However, you want me to research your post history, read the Runescape forum, and ask you about your nick ALL before I respond to something you said on a forum. You're kidding right?

Why would I do that? Why would ANYONE do that?

You must think you are terribly important that someone would go to all that just to respond to a troll post you made.....oh shit....I'm trollbait!

Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! You are good. Very good.

Now go crawl back under your bridge.

I didn't assume anything -- I made an observation. You railed on Runescape for being a "kids" MMO and yet YOUR profile here if rife with symbols/text describing childlike things. I just find it ironic.

However, you want me to research your post history, read the Runescape forum, and ask you about your nick ALL before I respond to something you said on a forum. You're kidding right?

You must think you are terribly important that someone would go to all that just to respond to a troll post you made.....oh shit....I'm trollbait!

LOL! you are the one trolling threads and tossing accusations at posters rather than content.  No sorry, no trolling here, I  made my assessment of Jagex specifically targeting children by:

1. Jagex promoted their child safety awards at E3 and referred to their game as a "Junior MMO"

2. They removed their 13+ age restriction.

3. They implemented a parent control dashboard.

4. They badvertise on MiniClip.

5. There are articles published referring to Runescape as a Childrens MMO.

I used facts to point out that  Jagex specifically targeted children, whereas you come along making assumptions about a forum user based on only your " opinion as to what you see as childish" without any further investigation.  You are entitled to you opinion, but you  are incorrect in your assessment that  trolling would be years worth of research on  game vs a lazy  5 second opinion based on an avatar, name and what you perceive as "childish behavior". 

The rest of what you were babbling about.. like some kind of strange conversation with yourself .. you are a very confused individual. LOL

You should heed your own advice:  "Now go crawl back under your bridge." image

LOL! you are the one trolling threads and tossing accusations at posters rather than content.  No sorry, no trolling here, I  made my assessment of Jagex specifically targeting children by:

1. Jagex promoted their child safety awards at E3 and referred to their game as a "Junior MMO"

I used facts to point out that  Jagex specifically targeted children, whereas you come along making assumptions about a forum user based on only your " opinion as to what you see as childish" without any further investigation.  You are entitled to you opinion, but you  are incorrect in your assessment that  trolling would be years worth of research on  game vs a lazy  5 second opinion based on an avatar, name and what you perceive as "childish behavior". 

The rest of what you were babbling about.. like some kind of strange conversation with yourself .. you are a very confused individual. LOL

Whatever you say, princess...image

You posted this:

"LMAO! gotta love the RUNESCAPE ADVERTISERS these days. Now if you venture around these forums, you will undoubtedly see that runescape is not very popular with REAL GAMERS. Browse through the developers corner, and you will see that most consider it a " poor business model" but  do give them credit for their use of miniclip to gain new children to play. Jagex themselves has called their game a " junior mmo" .  Yes, that is right, a Junior mmo for children and heavily advertised their child safety features at E3."

and later on you claim you:

" I  made my assessment of Jagex specifically targeting children by:

I used facts to point out that  Jagex specifically targeted children, blah, blah, blah...

None of which was in your original post. I guess we were supposed to pick up on your reasoning (if you can call it that) telepathically. 

Classic. Troll. Classic.

Whatever you say, princess...image

That's " Warrior Princess" to you Zul'jin! image