Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After Dust, what else for New Eden?

MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

So Dust is CCP's foray in to the console market, and they're using their EVE-verse to give their FPS a Unique Selling Point.

What other games and what other platforms might be conceived of that could be based on and link to the EVE setting? Arguably, Incarna will give CCP a de facto platform for what is effectively a new game integrated in to the existing EVE client - assuming that they want to go that route. And they've hinted that that's exactly what they want to do.

But what else could they do? The EVE-gate project is obviously being designed to link EVE and Dust.... and what else? P.I. and the EVE market are obvious possibilities for a browser-based game. Is there scope for a mobile phone game? Maybe we could see people voting for and competing to be the Gallante Federation president based on a phone social-networking style game.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Comments

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

WoD i would imagine would be coming out shortly after dust (if its as far off as i think). So i think they would be working alot on that, as well as improving PI and Incarna... those 2 features are going to give the devs alot to work on and add. And if those bring in enough people, i wouldnt be surprised if we see space added. As far as that though, i dont see what other new features they could add since Dust covers planet interaction with an avatar, so capsuleers wont be going down to the planets any time soon. Who know, maybe we'll see the elusive POS revamp.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

I can't really speak to other platforms, but I would love to see a PC companion to EVE that take place on the planets of EVE. I'm not talking about a FPS game, but something (anything really) that follows the story of EVE from a ground perspective. Your idea of Gallente President would fit into this, but imagine being a citizen of the Minmatar or Amarr civilization and having to survive and make a living on a planet. I'm thinking of something like a SWG for EVE.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

I have a feeling Dust isnt going to catch on with console players and CCP will be forced to integrate it into the Eve client (like an expansion).

This would be a good thing imo.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Originally posted by qazyman

I can't really speak to other platforms, but I would love to see a PC companion to EVE that take place on the planets of EVE. I'm not talking about a FPS game, but something (anything really) that follows the story of EVE from a ground perspective. Your idea of Gallente President would fit into this, but imagine being a citizen of the Minmatar or Amarr civilization and having to survive and make a living on a planet. I'm thinking of something like a SWG for EVE.

I completely agree. I think Incarna will bring a lot of change to Eve and a lot of will be based on player feedback. I think walking on the stations is a perfect direction for the walking and talking  character which I call TWATC! And then they can build on it. I would love a skill system on the ground that is heavily simulator driven.

And I have to agreee that the DUST 514 "might" not catch on with the console players. I just wish that we as the PC gamers would get the integration to the surface of these worlds. I know it is a lot to ask for but such is the 50 year plan for Eve. I am getting to old to wait any longer my beloved CCP. :) And on second thought with regards to Dust 514, in the UT III UDK tools you can run the compiler for PC or console. So it can be done. In fact their maps are straight up UDK. SOB I love them!!!!

• IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by qazyman

63.000 planets, will take some time! ;)

Sarcasm.