Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP knows, but did you ?

Metal_MMetal_M Member Posts: 44

Since Apoc. expansion EVE playerbase is in decline. Atm there are 311k account and in apoc. expansion where 350k+ players. Owerall -49k account total in decline.

With introduction of Dominion expansion, players cant even fight in null sec. anymore, becouse everthing locks down / big lag. Latest such big event was, when 2k players fighted in one system and ccp was forced down to shut down that sistem due extreme lag (lol).

Latest EVE events are only lag fest: 2-5 fps max for a player.

Statment from ccp developer on EVE offical forums: Link: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1321437&page=1#19

Games played: Owerall ower 500+
MMORPG's played: SWG, ALL GW, WOW, L2, EVE, etc...

Comments

• KhorsKhors Member Posts: 147

Originally posted by Metal_M

There is such statment from ccp developer on EVE offical forums, but i need to find it again to post it here.

Wait a minute. Your the origonal poster to this thread and you lost the support for your point?  lol  Sorry.

That is your quest, young man. . .search for your point and let us know when you've found it.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Since Apoc. expansion EVE playerbase is in decline. Atm there are 311k account and in apoc. expansion where 350k+ players. Owerall -49k account total in decline.

Have fun finding sources for that.

The current sub numbers: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1321437&page=1#19
    311k. Which shows a slight decline/plateau.

Also, you are wrong on the fps part. Fps are not the problem.

• Metal_MMetal_M Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by batolemaeus

The current sub numbers: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1321437&page=1#19

Tnx :) That what i was looking for.

• ThorHalThorHal Member Posts: 89

lag != fps

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Tnx :) That what i was looking for.

Now we would only need the link for them saying it was 350k @ apoc expansion. Or just let it pass with apoc, just a link with them mentioning 350k subscribes.

(Yeah, I just find that part funny. OP is/was looking for something to back up his claim on 311K, and that claim was also questioned. But the claim for 350k seemingly did not need any backup. Why is that?)

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Why Orphes, other people need to do research to back up your claims. Forum 101, obviously, you should never ever cite any sources for what you're claiming.

Just kidding, he's just being rude to make a post without any content at all.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

It is  funny, an OP that makes a claim but then cannot find the sources to base that claim on.

Even funnier, a thread poster needs to help the OP out image

350k+ is still unproven though, just as the 39k (350 - 311... ) decline. Also couldn't find anything about that in a quick search (I was curious), which makes this OP claim a bit doubtful.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

In a way, this is good news. 50k subs lost are enough to get CCP moving, or so one would hope.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Why Orphes, other people need to do research to back up your claims. Forum 101, obviously, you should never ever cite any sources for what you're claiming.

Just kidding, he's just being rude to make a post without any content at all.

Yeah, I know.

Although It's a breath of fresh air that someons says that EVE is dying. :D

Oh, wait.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• RoyalkinRoyalkin Member UncommonPosts: 267

Eve is not dying, although it may not be growing exponentially, it is doing quite well in the current market of WOW dominance. Remember, before WOW 300k subscriptions was a huge success.

Also, for those of us who care not for being lead around and told what to do such as in Warcraft and other Themeparks. Eve is one of the last places for the sandbox refugee. Please don't poopoo it for those of us who like it.

• Metal_MMetal_M Member Posts: 44

I was more or less adding that eve has "lost" some player base and it is not dying. I wasnt expecting such diversity of trolls (some), but did i maybe posted insult topic about EVE o_O ?

Huh...... World is geting weird and weird...

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by Royalkin

Eve is not dying, although it may not be growing exponentially, it is doing quite well in the current market of WOW dominance. Remember, before WOW 300k subscriptions was a huge success.

Also, for those of us who care not for being lead around and told what to do such as in Warcraft and other Themeparks. Eve is one of the last places for the sandbox refugee. Please don't poopoo it for those of us who like it.

You're replying to a post that hasn't been made.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I doubt Eve is dying but it is stagnating, subscriber wise, and that is, imo, mainly because of CCPs unwillingness to do something about the archaic UI and huge death penalty coupled with the fact that gankers can get away with pretty much anything. Heck 9/10 PvP encounters in Eve is some kind of ganking and even remotely even encounters are basically unheard of.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

Originally posted by Yamota

I doubt Eve is dying but it is stagnating, subscriber wise, and that is, imo, mainly because of CCPs unwillingness to do something about the archaic UI and huge death penalty coupled with the fact that gankers can get away with pretty much anything. Heck 9/10 PvP encounters in Eve is some kind of ganking and even remotely even encounters are basically unheard of.

Ganking is part of the game. you might even say it's encouraged.

• RoyalkinRoyalkin Member UncommonPosts: 267

That's a typical themepark fan response. If a game doesn't have WOW's relaxed playstyle, it sucks.

But btw, how long have you been playing Eve Yamota?

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

if OP is true, it is good news.

Less players = less lag.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

I was more or less adding that eve has "lost" some player base and it is not dying. I wasnt expecting such diversity of trolls (some), but did i maybe posted insult topic about EVE o_O ?

Huh...... World is geting weird and weird...

Metal_M!! You didn't back up your claims at all ! Next to that, you say that 350k+ before  and 311k subs now is equal to 49k subs decline ?!?  image

Come on, don't you think that all this isn't even a little  bit funny? If it hadn't been you, you would have grinned too, be honest image

NB: oh, before I forget, you still haven't given the source for the 350k subs, any will do. Come, gimme gimme gimme  :)

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Arachaic UI could use some work (larger fonts would help) but overall I find the current UI just fine.  Huge Death penalty is relative, I can shrug a 300M ISK BS loss, but for other players that would be really painful I suppose.  But the core gameplay is about the risk, it keeps PVP in perspective and gives it some meaning.  Players don't just rush in blindly hoping to do as much damage as they can, the real goal is to be still standing afterwards.

Ganking...yep, strongly encouraged by CCP, in fact, in EVE if you aren't ganking someone, you're doing something wrong.  You should never be in a fair fight, ever.

Biggest things CCP needs to focus on include solving the 0.0 fleet combat lag and Incarna, between these two they can easily push the number of subs to 400K.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Rats do not play fair.  Neither do people protecting their interest.   It is just part of the game.   Is it harsh?  Yep.   It was not ever not meant to be anything but harsh.   That is the greatness of EvE.   As some have stated CCP actually encourages battles that are lopsided.   It culls the herd and makes for a more explosive atmosphere...no pun intended.  ^_^

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624

If you don't gank you made a mistake, simple as that, fights aren't supposed to be fair, fights are suposed to be won.

For fair matches with no punishment  there is fps.

UI wise im not troubled, only real anoying thing is that autopilot doesn't warp 0km - for freighters you quadruple traveling time with this compared to 0km warping

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Ganking is a major part of the game. In fact, its always been rumored than many of the CCP Dev's have infamous red alts.  They have only evolved Concord and the ROE for high sec to protect their business model.  Left to themselves, things would be much worse gank wise.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by Teala

Rats do not play fair.  Neither do people protecting their interest.   It is just part of the game.   Is it harsh?  Yep.   It was not ever not meant to be anything but harsh.   That is the greatness of EvE.   As some have stated CCP actually encourages battles that are lopsided.   It culls the herd and makes for a more explosive atmosphere...no pun intended.  ^_^

Exactly. There is an old saying "If you find yourself in a fair fight... You are doing something wrong" ^^  One of the main problems Eve faces is the major problems that exist for the insane fleet battles that take place.  Until they can address that(if its even possible at this tech level) that will prove to be one of the bottle necks.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

2k players fighted in one system and ccp was forced down to shut .

Yes, because all their bases were belonging to you!

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

350k where ?

BestSigEver :P

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

This thread is very bland.