Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of the game May 21

CohasCohas Member UncommonPosts: 152

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/1730

check it out. Lots of new stuff coming looking great 

Have No Fear Cohas is here!!!

Comments

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

EDIT: OOps, the link didnt work at first.

EDIT 2: "We have those DPS/recharge/global-ability-cooldown adjustments that many of our high-end players have been requesting."

Lol.

• BetabooBetaboo Member Posts: 384

Hopefully this is the miracle patch for cryptic because if it isn't then i perdict a very bleak future for them.

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

If I were to judge what I see coming in the next few months up against what they have done to this point I would have to say they have improved more than I would expect but I still don't see myself as bold enough to go quite yet....

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

"you’ll be able to play Dabo at Quark’s"

This seems to be the only worthwhile thing mentioned in that whole thing for me.

• DonnnyDonnny Member Posts: 40

AOC and Warhammer taught me not to jump into an mmo at launch. Im a pretty big ST fan from the beginning  (;yeah Im a geezer) but im holding off a while longer. I hope Cryptic gets things straightened out.

• CohasCohas Member UncommonPosts: 152

Lots of new things coming looks good i can't wait. Ya the STF are fun but i would like new episodes but thats just me 

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783

Originally posted by Donnny

AOC and Warhammer taught me not to jump into an mmo at launch. Im a pretty big ST fan from the beginning  (;yeah Im a geezer) but im holding off a while longer. I hope Cryptic gets things straightened out.

While I am a fan of STO, there are many issues that need to be worked out. I would say if you can wait, it would be best to wait about 1 year before you start playing. I think its going to take that long to give people enough content to want to stay longer than a month or two.

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

For me... watching Cryptic develop STO is like watching one of those heavy haulers relocate your house from one lot to the one across town.  You'r not sure you have faith in the driver to get your house to the other side in one piece, and the jobs they have done before yours wasnt all that great, which causes you to grind your teeth with nervous anticipation.

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

Originally posted by Cohas

Lots of new things coming looks good i can't wait. Ya the STF are fun but i would like new episodes but thats just me 

I never ran any of the STF's (unless I'm really into a game I don't like to play the longer quests) and feel the same I wish they came out with like double the amount of episodes they have with some variations of course because even as they were some of the storylines were far too repetative.  Another thing I found interesting was the accolades announcement which I like having in games and they don't seem to take many resources to do so I wonder why more games don't do them, but I remember accolades being in this game way back in beta and for the life of me never understood why they were taken out.

The changes to memory alpha I read about earlier seemed ok to though they aren't mentioned in the state of the game article they needed that since memory alpha was something else I could almost get into if not for the fact that you pretty much had to run around blind.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

I did the first two. I didn't enjoy them. Granted, by that point I was pretty pessimistic of the game. I found them far too long, far to many trash mobs, and plain annoying. Every time I attempted one, people on the team were griping about "Glad when it's over" and hour or so in.

They really should do a 100% space combat STF, maybe inside a giant asteroid or planetoid making it dungeon like. I dunno.

Originally posted by Die_Scream

I did the first two. I didn't enjoy them. Granted, by that point I was pretty pessimistic of the game. I found them far too long, far to many trash mobs, and plain annoying. Every time I attempted one, people on the team were griping about "Glad when it's over" and hour or so in.

They really should do a 100% space combat STF, maybe inside a giant asteroid or planetoid making it dungeon like. I dunno.

ya i like that idea. you should send them that idea 

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

new stuff? ummm, all i see there is stuff that should have been in the game or fixed before  launch or stuff im guessing will be in the c-store.

way too little, way too late.

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

You might be the last person to care lol.  Seriously though thats mostly a "should of been in at launch"  list IMO.  In this case the term better late then never doesnt apply

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by Betaboo

Hopefully this is the miracle patch for cryptic because if it isn't then i perdict a very bleak future for them.

Really cant get much bleaker than having no player-base and the most shallow single-player game disguised as a mmo on the market.  Nothing miraculous can save this catastrophe.

Originally posted by raistalin69

new stuff? ummm, all i see there is stuff that should have been in the game or fixed before  launch or stuff im guessing will be in the c-store.

way too little, way too late.

Well..it's not there now but when it is, it's technically "new", heh.image

I see a half-hearted attempt at bringing the game to at least Release quality, and much effort towards the item mall. It's clear where priorities lie, regarless of who is delegating them.

Bottom line is no matter what the Cryptic devs are capable of, the best they can do on this engine is introduce more mobs or nerf players. They have decided on both.

• KitKat1KitKat1 Member Posts: 33

The real sad thing about the list they have up ....as "… What We’ve Been Up To: "! ...

Is that many of the so called additions are bugged to hell and gone. I meen some of that stuff still does not work properly? And they flaunt it as complete and DONE! The bug list on that so called feature list that has been added is longer than the feature list!

Oh and they still dont have a time table as to when this is going to get pumped out. I meen hey lets try to dangle the season 2 carrot abit longer sothat maybe we can hold some subs another month...! This game is going into ICU already... its the IT"S COMMING Psyco... stuff!

I no longer look at Star Trek as my Fav.. IP .... IF CBS can let this happen to it ... no thank you ..I am now a STAR WARS Fan ... at least they have some scense!

• mezlabormezlabor Member Posts: 133

Originally posted by KitKat1

The real sad thing about the list they have up ....as "… What We’ve Been Up To: "! ...

Is that many of the so called additions are bugged to hell and gone. I meen some of that stuff still does not work properly? And they flaunt it as complete and DONE! The bug list on that so called feature list that has been added is longer than the feature list!

Oh and they still dont have a time table as to when this is going to get pumped out. I meen hey lets try to dangle the season 2 carrot abit longer sothat maybe we can hold some subs another month...! This game is going into ICU already... its the IT"S COMMING Psyco... stuff!

I no longer look at Star Trek as my Fav.. IP .... IF CBS can let this happen to it ... no thank you ..I am now a STAR WARS Fan ... at least they have some scense!

I dunno about that. Geroge Lucase seems determined to ruin that I.P. too. THe prequels? Clonewars the movie? the force unleashed? The upcoming..uhg Star Wars sitcom?

• PermianPermian Member CommonPosts: 78

Wasn't long ago I mentioned the lack of SOTGs - I guess the word got back to Zinc.

The comment "many of our high-end players have been requesting" in regard to so called balance adjustments made me laugh a little. Guess that was a pretty good example of filtering out input to the point where you only hear what you want to hear as long as it coincides with the overall agenda and ignore the majority who didn't wany any changes.

Nothing really impressed me in that SOTG other than getting the idea not many would be even remotely considering re-subscribing again until August 2010 and then only for a month.

• SpiderpopeSpiderpope Member Posts: 69

Just curious as to how many of these "brlliant" new additions will cost C-Store points.

Your friendly neighbourhood Spider-pope.

i don't think it will cost anything in the c-store

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

It's a good idea, alright, but devs don't like taking advice from faceless amateurs.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

Originally posted by Permian

Wasn't long ago I mentioned the lack of SOTGs - I guess the word got back to Zinc.

The comment "many of our high-end players have been requesting" in regard to so called balance adjustments made me laugh a little. Guess that was a pretty good example of filtering out input to the point where you only hear what you want to hear as long as it coincides with the overall agenda and ignore the majority who didn't wany any changes.

Nothing really impressed me in that SOTG other than getting the idea not many would be even remotely considering re-subscribing again until August 2010 and then only for a month.

I was going to say, I didn't remember hordes of players asking for global cooldowns/power nerfs when I was playing. I guess they were all sending pm's to zinc.

• raistalin69raistalin69 Member Posts: 575

I was going to say, I didn't remember hordes of players asking for global cooldowns/power nerfs when I was playing. I guess they were all sending pm's to zinc.

thats cause you "just dont get it!" /sarcasm 

IF THE ONLY DEFENCE FOR CRITICISM OF A GAME IS CALLING SOMEONE A TROLL OR HATER, THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE GAME

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Actually, the devs have been told that on the main STO forums, quite some time back.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• MeTedMeTed Member Posts: 129

I agree that the game is looking better and I'm almost haflway impressed but not enough to resub. If/when the game is worthy of premium prices I might consider giving it a second chance.