Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friday with Means - May 21st, 2010 - Instability in Greece caused by Macrosun!

burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=575439

Friday with Means - May 21st, 2010 - Instability in Greece caused by Macrosun!

As the title says Macrosun is on vacation in Greece this week. Everyone in the office is jealous. Work has continued on the engine and we are getting closer to getting a stand-alone client to work with. This involves exporting/converting every single playfield in AO...each one takes about 1-2 hours...a recipe for FUN FUN FUN! If the coder running the exports doesn't go crazy (each one has to be run individually...and it likes to "freeze" rather than crash.) we might be lucky enough to see a first version next week-ish.

Thanks to everyone who has spent time with me in-game speaking about the daily missions. While they are more or less "complete" we don't think of them as perfect and we have some changes based on good feedback that will be coming in the next update. Changes like "multi-step" missions will offer part of the reward at every step and will go beyond the reward offered by "easier" missions to better compensate players for "longer" missions. Players who are unable to complete difficult "final" missions will still have received significant rewards. Making it possible for anyone in any variety of gear to complete the mission would likely remove any possible challenge...so a partial reward seemed like the best route here.

PvP missions and AXP missions are also in progress and we hope to get them out soon. We are also discussing "elite" type missions for a larger level range. Work also began this week designing the "long awaited" open PvP areas that will offer a "wait free" alternative to the Battlestations. I'm not sure when this will be complete...but again we are trying to keep this as simple as possible.

HEADS: I might be mistaken but I think this is the first time we have posted images of the new heads using the "previewer" for the new engine. These three will look pretty much exactly as they do in-game as they do in this image....so again I couldn't be happier with the amazing work that is being done by the artists in the Beijing office.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Attached Images

heads.jpg

Colin Cragg

This "Means" Cake

Game Director/Producer

Filmed in 70's "tall-vision"

~\_/~\_O