Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will they ever go back to the way runescape used to be?

madnessman13madnessman13 Member UncommonPosts: 91

i wish they had a version were the main screen u know before u log in would go back to how it orginally was i dont like this new main screen its all alien to me. i know i will get used to it but its hard and i just they have another option to play classic. I know they have a classic version for memebers but not that old like prolby 2003 version when i played alot with out grand exchange and people trying to scam you every time you go to varrok bank good times good times.

madnessman

Comments

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Originally posted by madnessman13

i wish they had a version were the main screen u know before u log in would go back to how it orginally was i dont like this new main screen its all alien to me. i know i will get used to it but its hard and i just they have another option to play classic. I know they have a classic version for memebers but not that old like prolby 2003 version when i played alot with out grand exchange and people trying to scam you every time you go to varrok bank good times good times.

No, they have already stated repeatedly they will not be going back.

• jp-skate122jp-skate122 Member Posts: 3

play runescape classic then... rs2 suck....

• Schutzy121Schutzy121 Member Posts: 58

Nope there's no hope that runescape will go back to it's old version

YOU JUST GOT SCHUTZED

• whipedknightwhipedknight Member Posts: 2

i no how you guys feel i miss no trade limit... its so retarded!

ya thats right noobs...

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

the old runescape was the best.  right before the trade limit (2007) was when rs was at its peak.  the sad part is that it really hasn't changed at all since then.  it's only gotten worse.  they need to add some good new content, everything they release now is just blah.  they need more gear and dungeons like GWD.  imho that was one of the best updates they made.

but no, they won't be going back. =/

• Schutzy121Schutzy121 Member Posts: 58

I agree with Tazlor

YOU JUST GOT SCHUTZED

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

Weirdly enough,  Since they inplemented those change they have actually gotten more subscribers, all they lost were the bots.

I was there when they did that.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

Originally posted by Snaylor47

Weirdly enough,  Since they inplemented those change they have actually gotten more subscribers, all they lost were the bots.

LOL! try again. You should do your homework. Read these forums from around that exact time period, and you will find a chart from Jagex's corporate site. On that chart it showed a huge loss in Individual hits and only a small decline in programs accessing their client. Yes, the Programs accessing their client didn;t budge much at all. In case you do not know the difference Programs accessing the client are BOTS. The individuals are on a seperate line on the graph and those are PLAYERS. Programs and players access the client by different means. I was there when they did that as well, as were MANY people on this site. You were duped. Their numbers have continually dropped since this, and have yet to return anywhere near where they were prior to doing this for individual hits.

You statement is completely false according to the data. The gold selling sites juust sell fully loaded accounts, and sell account training services. ALL they accomplished is creating Higher level bots, nothing more. Well, that and running off most of their core player base.

Jagex is a joke. They do not want their players to know what is going on in the real world, No they want to " invent" their own terms for everything so their players will not understand how it is really being handled in the industry. LOL they are the only ones calling RMT RWT.. like people aren;t going to find out that every game under the sun has dealt with RMT and in much better ways than they did! LMAO!image

Originally posted by deviliscious

LOL! try again. You should do your homework. Read these forums from around that exact time period, and you will find a chart from Jagex's corporate site. On that chart it showed a huge loss in Individual hits and only a small decline in programs accessing their client. Yes, the Programs accessing their client didn;t budge much at all. In case you do not know the difference Programs accessing the client are BOTS. The individuals are on a seperate line on the graph and those are PLAYERS. Programs and players access the client by different means. I was there when they did that as well, as were MANY people on this site. You were duped. Their numbers have continually dropped since this, and have yet to return anywhere near where they were prior to doing this for individual hits.

You statement is completely false according to the data. The gold selling sites juust sell fully loaded accounts, and sell account training services. ALL they accomplished is creating Higher level bots, nothing more. Well, that and running off most of their core player base.

Jagex is a joke. They do not want their players to know what is going on in the real world, No they want to " invent" their own terms for everything so their players will not understand how it is really being handled in the industry. LOL they are the only ones calling RMT RWT.. like people aren;t going to find out that every game under the sun has dealt with RMT and in much better ways than they did! LMAO!image

Thank you please come again. http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/1m-12m.png

All Jagex lost where the whining F2P 12 year olds. 

• Mr.HappyMr.Happy Member CommonPosts: 64

Heh dunno if that graph is right because on homepage they have less players online but what do I know...

Offtopic: LOL at the wow subscribers when it straight down

Originally posted by deviliscious

Thank you please come again. http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/1m-12m.png

All Jagex lost where the whining F2P 12 year olds. 

ROFL that is complete BS. Try again:

http://siteanalytics.compete.com/runescape.com/?metric=uv

FYI I was in Edgeville when a large group of mods confronted Andrew and told him they were leaving over the changes after he stated they would remain. At that time 12 yr olds were not allowed to play, they actually attempted to replace the lost ADULT members with 12 yr olds by removing the 13+ age limit restriction. They  lost over 2m individual players immediately, and have since been on a decline. The majority of players lost were the large PVP guilds, and they will not be returning. Mass quitting of guilds followed their poor decision, guilds that are now playing other games.

That was why they marketed the game as a" childrens game at E3 showing off their child safety awards and referring to their own game as a " junior mmo".  When the attempt to recruit the kiddies by introducing the new parent controls dashboard didn;t have the expected results, they have since attempted to increase advertising again.

That was the entire purpose of the parent control dashboard, but it did not work as expected.

OMG.

THEY GAINED MORE P2P MEMBERS AND LOST A GREAT DEAL OF F2P MEMBERS. 

So yeah thats not news.

OMG.

So yeah thats not news.

They Gained BOTs not individual users. LMAO!  Why not look around these forums before making silly comments.  It takes more time on line to sell fully stocked accounts, but the number of INDIVIDUAL users not programs dropped. If they truly wished to rid themselves of bots they would block them from their client, they had no reason to make changes to the game itself, they could just cut off the way they connect, but they chose not to do that.

ALL of this was addressed long ago. Everytime a new noob falls off the runescape tree into the World of mmorpg gaming  we have to repeat ourselves. image

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

OMG.

So yeah thats not news.

Not exactly. They merely re-gained the amount of P2p players lost. If they gained more, as you claim, then why are there less players now compared to 2006-2007?

Originally posted by Blissey

OMG.

So yeah thats not news.

Not exactly. They merely re-gained the amount of P2p players lost. If they gained more, as you claim, then why are there less players now compared to 2006-2007?

Have you seen the number of account selling ads for Runescape? Geeze it is worse than ever. LOL  They gained high level bots, that is about it. I am not just " speculating" on this, I know because MANY of my friends have botted and sold their accounts already and are doing it again.. LOL

Many players are not who they " used" to be. Name change was a big help with that as well for them. That is why you have all these high levels running around that know nothing about the game. Then those players who buy the accounts get bored and ditch them and leave when they realize being a high level sucks more than being a low lvl in the game. LMAO

Hell Bryan just bought a car with a runscape character he never played. Yup he Botted the entire thing and sold it for a car. LOLimage 

A good majority of F2P members quit the game. 

All your chart shows is the traffic to the website, not subscription numbers to the game.

Did the amount of people playing the game fall? yes, but the number of people who pay money to have member ship to the game has risen.

Here is another chart to show you. 

http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart1.html

A good majority of F2P members quit the game. 

All your chart shows is the traffic to the website, not subscription numbers to the game.

Did the amount of people playing the game fall? yes, but the number of people who pay money to have member ship to the game has risen.

Here is another chart to show you. 

http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart1.html

What part of " account sellers" do you not understand? Account sellers PAY for membership because they can bot faster, which in turn means more money for the account when they sell it. LOL - I know people who are doing this right now- they are not banned, have not been banned and are actively doing this as we speak on members servers. image

Lets just see for a second, walk up to vines anywhere and see how many people actually talk to you. Go to known botting areas, such as bandits, yews, damis lair and see how many people actually respond. Hop to as many worlds as you wish. I know where they are. Kill all the bandits in their area and see how long they stand there.  LOL

• Mr.HappyMr.Happy Member CommonPosts: 64

If you think the number of people have increased in runescape just look at the front page that says the number of active users. It use to be over 200k plus at all times in the day and night. I just checked and they have 112k players. 88k Players gone?

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

Originally posted by Mr.Happy

If you think the number of people have increased in runescape just look at the front page that says the number of active users. It use to be over 200k plus at all times in the day and night. I just checked and they have 112k players. 88k Players gone?

Hmmmmmm, OMG when was that. I remember about only 18 months ago on an avareage night it used to be in the low 30k players on and I felt so bad at level 114 against all the high levellers. Now over 100k accounts play yet barely 10,000 real people will be on. Probably 1 hacker to every 4 botters would be a true comparison to 1 real player.

Now those high levellers quit those accounts to bott for say a pure as hell mage account, including maxed agility with maxed runecraft aswell to make all the runes needed over-night and any combination else that they think they can create havoc on regardless of how false the account actually is. This is the destruction of PVP in a few silly weeks. PVP is actually mostly for hackers to take stolen accounts there and kill them off for high rewards. They also hide there stripping the wealth across to their accounts using dual botting. Also name changing benefits hackers the most as it hides the accounts from the original owner. 

Another place to see a lot of botters has to be World84 in the Living Cavern where more pixels move than anywhere else in the game. A few of us spend time there and talk aswell but being aware of botters there, our chat is so insignificant compared to those pixel bodies moving back & forth.

Now also consider with DUNG (dungeoneering) how its been out 100 days now and for 13,034,438 experince to have 99 you need 133k exp a day. Either you bott to this and in time at 24 hrs a day to the max level soon aswell, or you have a much lower level playing it as much as you can. Those who say they played to 99 are pure liers as near 24hrs a day would have left you in a coffin in a couple of weeks.

All Runescape and Jagex now help with is trying to teach the young kids how to be dishonest, scam more than ever and lie at every opportunity. If your child is or wants to play this game consider if you care for your child at all.

Remember all Jagex care about is a apying account as more revenue in. Nothing else matters so botting is ignored as is Hacking - no hackers are being banned any more thus they steal hundreds of thousands of real dollars worth of accounts on a reagular basis. Thses criminals are teenage kids and go on to commit bigger crime back near their homes. Runescape is now the worst game about and not a place for a naive young child!