Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Onboard sound, is this inboard any good?

cichy1012cichy1012 Member UncommonPosts: 345

Was wondering if the sound that comes off this mobo is any good? What does it compare to.

Having to many issues with current sound card that razer wont help me with.

I have a razer barracuda AC-1 sound card. I do have an audigy 2 zs also. Should I pop that back in using windows 7?

My motherboard is

ASUS M4N82 Deluxe AM3/AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI AMD Motherboard 

I believe its the Realtek ALC1200 sound.

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Sound off a premium mobo like a 980a chipset will be good.  Unless you had a magnificent sound card, you really won't be able to pick up the difference.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

You know it use to be a big difference years ago going with onboard vs a sound card simply cause the onboard uses more threads and cpu when you game, but todays CPU's are so powerful it doesn't even matter. Your better off with onboard unless your a high fidelity user who has some sort of HTPC going where you would need a high end sound card.

Onboard is fine for all gaming, unless your mobo is really old.

• viddsterviddster Member UncommonPosts: 220

That board had 8-channel high quality audio sound. Unless you have some kind of super sound setup with speakers everywhere, you will never use the full capability of that chip. The only reason for a sound card these days are for sound engineers.