Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hoth

PaulehPauleh Member UncommonPosts: 78

So Hoth is the newest planet added to SW:TOR, looking forward to my Wampa mount now.

The Reveal Below:

http://www.videogamer.com/news/exclusive_hoth_is_in_star_wars_the_old_republic.html

Just to confirm it, below:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2963681#edit2963681

Comments

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Hmmmm. Nice!

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I was a bit icky on Hoth being in, as it's just a frozen waste really.

But the artwork and environmental screenshots are really impressive, and I like the lore solution for it as well; nothing too fancy like an 'evil project of great power buried beneath the sand'; just a space battle, ships crash, people salvage it.

Can make for some great environments with crashed vessels etc as well...

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Sweet. I was just thinking the game needed a good ice planet like Hoth. I didn't think they would use it didn't really seem important in this time period... but it sounds like they came up with lore to explain that.

• KhorsKhors Member Posts: 147

I think its nice too.  A planet out in space that is being explored, dealing with mercenary technology harvesters/collectors and 2 factions having some presence.

So, yea. . .one planet I’m looking forward to exploring.   But I always defer to my game-play significance side.   A side full of concerns, thoughts, hopes and speculations.

>  I hope there is actual game-play exploration and purpose for venturing out to Hoth. 

>  I hope its just not their version of a mindless and meaningless pvp arena that disallows any player building, resource gathering or control or territory and player-centric control significance.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

Never expected hoth honestly, not that I'm disapointed, just a bit surprised.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

The screens look pretty darn good! Can't wait to play.

• kegtapkegtap Member Posts: 261

Originally posted by greed0104

Surprised me too seeing that everyone could freeze to death when the sun sets.  

I would hope the make you wear some sort of heavy winter gear and not let players run around half naked with nothing happening. 

I can feel your anger. This game is defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike this game down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards towards the Dark Side will be complete.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

Originally posted by kegtap

Originally posted by greed0104

Surprised me too seeing that everyone could freeze to death when the sun sets.  

I would hope the make you wear some sort of heavy winter gear and not let players run around half naked with nothing happening. 

That would make things interesting. Anything minor like that actually helps in my opinion, kinda like Mustafar in SWG, where you required special mounts/Vehicles to cross the rivers of lava. Sure it was annoying for awhile but you eventually was rewarded with a Lava Skiff, obtaining that felt like an accomplishment and eased the pain of traveling there.