Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF mmo with farming feature like in farmville :p

yokam888yokam888 Member Posts: 87

is there an mmo with a farming system like in farmville?

like you plant different kinds of seeds and harvest them at their corresponding times?

been kinda addicted to farmville on facebook lately, but i miss the live interaction with other players :p

(\__/) Why Can't You Put
( ^.^) The Bunneh
(")-(") Back In The Box?

Comments

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

None that i know of. There was a team working on Harvest Moon online, but im pretty sure thats been scrapped, no news about it in a year or 2. For MMOs, youre kind of stuck having to find somewhat of a regular MMO that might having farming and stuff as a profession. Harvest moon was a really great farming game on multiple systems, but then your emissing the online interaction with others. There his a Harvest Moon for the Nintendo DS which has online play, though not sure what the online portion entails or how good it is. Im assuming its most likely just being able to trade things between players or visiting eachothers farms, but no real interaction beyond that.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Two games that do farming well enough are ATitD and Wurm, otherwise some fairly crappy F2Ps dabble in it; like Luna Online and Mabinogi.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

Ugh, I just recommended Runescape and I think I might have to do it again, lol.

Runescape has 25 "skills", one of which is "Farming". You can grow all sorts of things, many of which are needed by other players to advance some of their other skills. However, getting seeds can sometimes be tricky, as they are either drops from killing monsters, "Thieved" (another skill) from NPC farmers, or acquired in several different minigames.

Runescape, though, is a very integrated game and to get the most out of the Farming skill necessitates that you advance many of your other skills as well.

There are some people, though, that join the game and just farm and play some of the farming minigames in between growing cycles to get seeds.

It's not a great game graphically or gameplay-wise by any means, but it's very social and you can find people to do Farming-related stuff with.

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Runescape (P2P for Farming), Wurm Online, Haven and Hearth.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Garden Party World, Ultima Online, Haven and Hearth, ATITD, and Dransik/Ashen Empires. Those are the ones I can think of off hand.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• JuJutsuJuJutsu Member Posts: 331

Lord of the Rings online. You can even grow pipeweed :)

• lordpenquinlordpenquin Member Posts: 129

Monster Forest

http://mf.playpark.net/

It has a massive farming system with crops, utility buildings, and livestock. 

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Originally posted by JuJutsu

Lord of the Rings online. You can even grow pipeweed :)

This.

I can't stand lotro though but its farming feature is like fishing irl :). Relaxing and maniuplating virtual nature :).

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Only one i know of is L2, but you plant the seeds in monsters then kill them to harvest the fruit for items to sell.

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Originally posted by lordpenquin
    Monster Forest

How cute :)!

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• aozgoloaozgolo Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by lordpenquin

Monster Forest

never heard of this one before, it's not even on this site, maybe cause it's still beta? Looks like fun, I just hope that other than cutesy outfits, the other store items are available in game, I hate F2P gamestores that offer up exclusive game enhancing items... fluff is fine though.