Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats your best offline RPG?

joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247

Hey folks,

Like the title says, whats your best offline RPG you ever played (or several)?

I might try some out cause I'm bored of whats they call online.

Grtz

«13

Comments

  • EgnarEgnar Member Posts: 2

    Well theres different types of RPGS - If you're a tactical fan my favorite since I was a little kid is Final Fantasy Tactics because its so basic, yet so advanced at the same time.

  • gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442

    Ever: FF7

    Currently: Demon Souls

  • GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 344

    some more RPG than others.  Some with RPG elements to them:

    Mount & Blade  (awesome indy game)

    Oblivion  (played it entirely too much to enjoy it anymore)

    Mass Effect 1 & 2   (FPS with RPG elements)

    went back and played Fable 2 a little  (making my character fart and then have the dog play dead is priceless)

  • DonnnyDonnny Member Posts: 40

    The original NWN followed by Baldurs Gate.

  • Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 382

    Planescape torment better than any FF game or all the others.

    How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

    I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

  • JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430

    Fallout 1/2

  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

    This post makes me want to cry. I literally haven't played a good RPG since FF VIII. FFIX and after just didn't do as much for me.

    If anything, playing Red Dead Redemption right now is awesome, but I'm not sure that could be classified as an RPG. Although it comes pretty close is extremely immersive.

  • toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

    ps3/360 gen: Lost odyssey (360)

    ps2/xbox gen:  Suikoden V (ps2)

    Ps1 gen: Toss up between FFVII and suikoden II

    Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

  • TaoMcDohlTaoMcDohl Member UncommonPosts: 103

    Chrono Trigger will be my all time favorite, hands down.  Followed closely by Suikoden (I and II) and FF6.

  • DaywolfDaywolf Member Posts: 749

    Morrowind (pc)

    M59, UO, EQ1, WWIIOL, PS, EnB, SL, SWG. MoM, EQ2, AO, SB, CoH, LOTRO, WoW, DDO+ f2p's, Demo’s & indie alpha's.

  • GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

    The Witcher

  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

    Wasteland(PC)

    Fallout 1/2 (PC)

    Gothic 1/2 (PC)

  • PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 862

    Originally posted by Bruise187

    Planescape torment better than any FF game or all the others.

    so true...

    Planescape Torment all the way - materpiece of interaktive entertainment (meaning games)

    MMOs played chronologically:
    Runescape,Lineage II, WoW,Tabula Rasa, AoC,Eve Online,Guild Wars, Rift(beta only),SWTOR(beta only),Star Trek Online
    Most fun: Tabula Rasa
    image

  • LobotomistLobotomist Member RarePosts: 5,848

    Ok...here we go (you will never get to play all this)

    All below are awesome games. Above ones are better

     

    Old (play this if you do not need top of the notch graphics) :

     

    Baldurs Gate 1&2 + expansions <- best RPG ever made , nuff said

    Planescape

    Fallout 1&2

    Icewind Dale 1&2

    Neverwinter Nights

    Morrowind

    Gothic 1&2

    Temple of Elemental Evil

     

    New:

    The Witcher

    Risen

    Mass Effect

    KOTOR 1&2

    Dragons Age Origins & Awakening

    Neverwinter Nights 2

    Fallout 3

    Gothic 3

    Oblivion

     

    FPS/RPG's:

    Stalker 1&2&3

    Deus ex

    Vampire Bloodlines

     

     



  • bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

    Originally posted by Lobotomist

    Ok...here we go (you will never get to play all this)

    All below are awesome games. Above ones are better

     

    Old (play this if you do not need top of the notch graphics) :

     

    Baldurs Gate 1&2 + expansions <- best RPG ever made , nuff said

    Planescape

    Fallout 1&2

    Icewind Dale 1&2

    Neverwinter Nights

    Morrowind

    Gothic 1&2

    Temple of Elemental Evil

     

    New:

    The Witcher

    Risen

    Mass Effect

    KOTOR 1&2

    Dragons Age Origins & Awakening

    Neverwinter Nights 2

    Fallout 3

    Gothic 3

    Oblivion

     

    FPS/RPG's:

    Stalker 1&2&3

    Deus ex

    Vampire Bloodlines

     

     

    You left out DW7

  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

    Best offline RPG, tbh, i prefer MMO's but, there is one game that i do return to every now and then, simply because its that good.. and thats Oblivion. the graphics are looking a bit dated now, but its still a very good game. And the freedom to choose your own path in the game, is one of the two things i like about it, the other, is the magic system. getting to archmage and creating your own spells/enchanted items.. fun!

  • LobotomistLobotomist Member RarePosts: 5,848

    Originally posted by bezado

    Originally posted by Lobotomist

    Ok...here we go (you will never get to play all this)

    All below are awesome games. Above ones are better

     

    Old (play this if you do not need top of the notch graphics) :

     

    Baldurs Gate 1&2 + expansions <- best RPG ever made , nuff said

    Planescape

    Fallout 1&2

    Icewind Dale 1&2

    Neverwinter Nights

    Morrowind

    Gothic 1&2

    Temple of Elemental Evil

     

    New:

    The Witcher

    Risen

    Mass Effect

    KOTOR 1&2

    Dragons Age Origins & Awakening

    Neverwinter Nights 2

    Fallout 3

    Gothic 3

    Oblivion

     

    FPS/RPG's:

    Stalker 1&2&3

    Deus ex

    Vampire Bloodlines

     

     

    You left out DW7

    No

    Above games are PC RPGs , Western

    No JRPG , no hack & slash and no console rpgs



  • ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

    I used to be a fan of the Final Fantasy series until the last one. One of the biggest attractions of RPG games is then option to explore and immerse yourself in another world. Although the final fantasy series was always linear since it followed a narrative, the last one was so linear I began to feel claustrophobic.  However, in the last few years I have been playing fewer and fewer single player RPG’s and I begin to wonder if there is still a place for games like that when there are MMOs. Here is a list of the games I have enjoyed over the years, in no particular order.


     


    Elder scroll series


    Final Fantasy 6,7,8, 10, 12


    Eye of the Beholder 1 & 2


    Gothic 1 & 2


    Fable


    Knightmare


    Deux ex


    Mass effect 1 & 2


    Dragon Age Origins


    Balder’s Gate


    Neverwinter Nights


    Elite 1 & 2 (not sure if it qualifies as a RPG but indulge me)

  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

    Well I am a huge Shadowrun Fan.. and the last group I used to run it for using 4th edition had a blast ran the game for about 2 and a half years.. then the group broke up to a 2 people moving and RL work getting in the way.

    I am currently getting ready to start a 4th edition DnD game.. I had been burnt out on DnD since 3.5 came out. I am going to base the campaign world on Everquest.. So we have a few house rules as far as race class combinations... I dont think any computer game can come close to a good old fashion get together with the friends..

     

    So there it is RPG in its truest form 8)  Pen and Paper style.

  • Dippy11Dippy11 Member UncommonPosts: 283

    PC

    Mount & Blade

    The Longest Journey and Dreamfall

    KOTOR

    Mass Effect

    Sid Meier's Pirates!

     

    Console

    Lunar and Lunar II

    Vay

    Dark Wizard

    Shining Force and Shining Force II

    Secret of Mana

    Crusader of Centy

    Final Fantasy VII

    Final Fantasy III

    Chrono Trigger

    Legend of Dragoon

    Parasite Eve

    image

  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

    Originally posted by Dippy11

    PC

    Mount & Blade

    The Longest Journey and Dreamfall

    KOTOR

    Mass Effect

    Sid Meier's Pirates!

     

    Console

    Lunar and Lunar II

    Vay

    Dark Wizard

    Shining Force and Shining Force II

    Secret of Mana

    Crusader of Centy

    Final Fantasy VII

    Final Fantasy III

    Chrono Trigger

    Legend of Dragoon

    Parasite Eve

    Ah I love dreamfall. I'm surprised anyone else posted it!

  • ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

    Planescape Torment by BlackIsle.

    REALITY CHECK

  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

    Originally posted by cybertrucker

    Well I am a huge Shadowrun Fan.. and the last group I used to run it for using 4th edition had a blast ran the game for about 2 and a half years.. then the group broke up to a 2 people moving and RL work getting in the way.

    I am currently getting ready to start a 4th edition DnD game.. I had been burnt out on DnD since 3.5 came out. I am going to base the campaign world on Everquest.. So we have a few house rules as far as race class combinations... I dont think any computer game can come close to a good old fashion get together with the friends..

     

    So there it is RPG in its truest form 8)  Pen and Paper style.

     Well, while i may not agree with you about shadowrun, i totally agree about the PnP style of games, though next to AD&D, my own favourite was Traveller.. its true though, no MMO or singleplayer pc game really has ever captured the experience of those games, Paper, Dice, Pencils/Pens + Beer & Crisps those were definitely the days.

  • kinzokukinzoku Member Posts: 29

    Digimon World 2; enough said. ;D /thumbs up

  • scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

    I may get flamed here but System Shock 2 had a lot of the elements i enjoy on RPGs and it is my favorite game of all times by far so yes that will be most favored RPG too. Other favorites are Gothic 1, Fallout 1&2, Deus Ex (i know, i know), NWN 1

    "Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

Sign In or Register to comment.