Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

clean gameplay? do you have have a lot of exploiters/cheaters?

NeuroXlNeuroXl Member Posts: 291

been playing some asian MMos and the level of exploiting and cheating has disgusted me to the point where i want to go back to a western game .. love star wars .. thinking about coming back ...

how is the community nowadays ? everyone still being clean and are the mods making sure to ban any exploiters/cheaters?

dont want to join an aging game where everyone is downloading game mods to cheat in PVP

Comments

• WazMeisterWazMeister Member Posts: 149

I am not sure, I've not noticed anytthing dodgy. Just some AFKers levleing but I dont think its wrong tbh..

I subbed Friday and love this game, best MMO i played in years. FInally one thats clicked with me. So much content and fun to be hard and community is brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

No, its a pretty clean game tbh. Haven't seen one for years.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

Originally posted by Jimmy562

No, its a pretty clean game tbh. Haven't seen one for years.

they pretty much find the xploits pretty fast and most of the cheaters get caught.    Some things they let go, like when they made the RE system some people figured out how to get 4 or more stats on armor, but that was design flaw.

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629

There used to be a huge issue with unattended macroing but SWG Customer Services had the innovative idea to make it all legal.

I can't think of many MMOs that adopted this approach to the problem, but it means that many systems are best played via a macro.  It's even possible to level a combat character to 90 in about three days unattended.

Pets are also levelled AFK in "pet grind groups" that farm Azure Cabal or specific POI spawns.  These spawns are also camped 24/7 to loot Junk loot used in Reverse Engineering.

Foraging for Lyase Enzmyes and Treasure Maps, Entertainer levelling, hand sampling Mustafarian and Kashyyykian resources and even looting space parts is all done unattended on a widespread scale.

It doesn't look like anything will be done about any of this, the Development Team seem happy with players using unattended macros to work around poor system design rather than spending time fixing the systems to make them more fun and rewarding to play attended.

Most exploits get caught and resolved quickly, some however get left in so long that players start to forget that it was never intended.  Examples of this is farming player GCW bases by using an opposing faction alt, know as "Base Clubbing".  We're waiting for an overhaul of the player base system to fix this one.

Other than that, the game is pretty fair...

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by BadgerSmaker

There used to be a huge issue with unattended macroing but SWG Customer Services had the innovative idea to make it all legal.

I can't think of many MMOs that adopted this approach to the problem, but it means that many systems are best played via a macro.  It's even possible to level a combat character to 90 in about three days unattended.

Pets are also levelled AFK in "pet grind groups" that farm Azure Cabal or specific POI spawns.  These spawns are also camped 24/7 to loot Junk loot used in Reverse Engineering.

Foraging for Lyase Enzmyes and Treasure Maps, Entertainer levelling, hand sampling Mustafarian and Kashyyykian resources and even looting space parts is all done unattended on a widespread scale.

It doesn't look like anything will be done about any of this, the Development Team seem happy with players using unattended macros to work around poor system design rather than spending time fixing the systems to make them more fun and rewarding to play attended.

Most exploits get caught and resolved quickly, some however get left in so long that players start to forget that it was never intended.  Examples of this is farming player GCW bases by using an opposing faction alt, know as "Base Clubbing".  We're waiting for an overhaul of the player base system to fix this one.

Other than that, the game is pretty fair...

Is the Dev team "happy" to let it all go or have they just never been offered the chance (resources) to address the issues? I have to think it's a lack of commitment from management, not the Devs, that has escalated the entire AFK craze.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

How quickly did the devs work to resolve double socket exploit? 

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Originally posted by Daffid011

I think the mechanic that allowed the creation of double socketed items was resolved in a few hours. $OE brought down the servers for a hot fix, but nothing was done about the double socketed items that were crafted during that exploit 'window of opportunity'. In fact, there is a long going thread about the status of the removal of these exploited items from the game that has yet to be resolved -

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=986871

$OE seems to remedy found exploits in a timely manner but doesn't necessarily follow-up with the removal of ill-gotten gains and/or punishment of those that took advantage of exploits.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Are you following the forums today? Todays MEGA patch to remove NO TRADE from Heroic jewelry and Chronicler items is a HUGE MEGA failure!!! They removed the NO TRADE status, but the items retained their "unique" status, meaning they still cant be traded.

Players have been respec'ing to the appropriate profession, getting sets they "pre-sold" just to find out they're f**ked! They've wasted their tokens for something they still cant trade.

I'm anxious to see how long this massive failure takes to resolve. Sad thing is, this issue was reported on Test Center lol.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Originally posted by TUX426

I'm anxious to see how long this massive failure takes to resolve. Sad thing is, this issue was reported on Test Center lol.

Naturally. Any major game-breaking problem that is caught on TC (see CU, NGE) is never fixed before being pushed live.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by TUX426

Are you following the forums today? Todays MEGA patch to remove NO TRADE from Heroic jewelry and Chronicler items is a HUGE MEGA failure!!! They removed the NO TRADE status, but the items retained their "unique" status, meaning they still cant be traded.

Players have been respec'ing to the appropriate profession, getting sets they "pre-sold" just to find out they're f**ked! They've wasted their tokens for something they still cant trade.

Unique flag has been removed from Heroic Jewelry. It was know right after the notrade removal went live. Hotfix after that removed Unique.