Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU RELEASE DATES/PRICING ETC!!!!

NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

Here:

Press release:

http://www.blizzard.co.uk/press/041122.shtml

Goooo!

Ok so this great news for me, means that WOW is gonna cost £44.99 and £8.49 monthly (which is pretty cheap for an mmorpg in england).

And The Collectors edition will be available (for which im gonna get :P).

Unfortunately bad news: Open beta phase during december and release early 2005. Which in the end isnt that bad as i go home for xmas for 3 weeks so at least i dont get behind everyone.

So any europea players left or are u all gonna sneak into American Release and forge your personal details for an extra 2 months playing and more lag?

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European

Comments

• BerzerkBlackBerzerkBlack Member UncommonPosts: 168

Going US because....

1) Won't have to wait for translations

2) US Servers managed by......the original blizzard team compared to europe noob techies (who won't be able to change jack and will have to wait for US blizzard to make them a fix image - I know my fair share on this matter................)

3) Events organized by....the original blizzard team

4) Won't have to deal with all the 4677 nationalities (never actually counted but u get my point) and all the weird characters

5) Servers don't lag as much as you try to imply, at least not for me

6) and for all the other reasons I can't think of :p

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

well in EU beta i get a ping of 45. US i get ping of 200-240.

This is enough to see rubber banding on other players occur.

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by Neas
    well in EU beta i get a ping of 45. US i get ping of 200-240.This is enough to see rubber banding on other players occur.imageBeta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European

You're also comparing a closed beta to an open beta, no?

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• BerzerkBlackBerzerkBlack Member UncommonPosts: 168

Originally posted by Neas

well in EU beta i get a ping of 45. US i get ping of 200-240.
    This is enough to see rubber banding on other players occur.

Ye but as said you are comparing US stress test open beta and EU closed beta...and this is no FPS game with 200-300 ping you still do LARGELY FINE, never did I feel my spells were taking longer than what they were supposed to.

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

i know its an option for you guys to go on US servers but i got english friends i need to go into EU servers.

Sux but im in EU beta so its not like i cant play. Just wish the start would come just like US. Then you dont have to worry bout wipes.

• KweedoKweedo Member Posts: 5

I also played the US stress b