Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Same as ToP??

eveque67eveque67 Member UncommonPosts: 64

I played Tales of Pirates (one).  I loaded the beta to this one (Tapes of Pirates 2) and it seemed beyond similar.  In fact, I had a hard time picking out the differences.   I realize I didnt play it long enough to really get involved so I pose this question to all those who have played both versions.  Is it the same game?  If there are differences.. what are they?

Comments

• eveque67eveque67 Member UncommonPosts: 64

bump for more looks

• troy1991troy1991 Member Posts: 4

Tales Of Pirates 2.0 is basically exactly the same as Tales Of Pirates 1.0 seriously. Though I quited awhile only things I see new is Rebirth but I believe that exsisted before 2.0 and sandbags. I truthfully like Tales Of Pirates.

• FeldronFeldron Member UncommonPosts: 337

top 2.0 is really more of an expandtion or features upgrade its not a new game

• BaromegaBaromega Member UncommonPosts: 11

It really is too bad because the first TOP was my first MMORPG, and I absolutely loved it. I was hoping TOP2 would be a whole new experience for me, but it seems my hopes have been shot down and burned.

• rtbbvrrtbbvr Member UncommonPosts: 163

ToP2 is just ToP1 with some added features like PvP arenas and end game gear and quest lines. Basicly what would be an expansion is made out to be a entirely new game. Really bad marketing.

• no1shotno1shot Member Posts: 1

TOP2 is very similar but in fact not the same. For starters the game runs froma new engine that is still slightly buggy but definitley alot better. They did add an autorouting feature for Quests, NPC's, and monsters. Lets not forget that the winter islands were added to TOP1 as a bridge to TOP2. IGG is now releasing yet another set of maps called Dream City which has 3 new islands. They've recently added new "Tribulation" mazes which you must partner up and take on numerous waves of mobs. There are new npc's which can give you items and/or bless you with extra stats/exp/movement speed. There are new quests on top of the old ones. The level cap has been raised in preparation  for the new maps. 95 unsealed gear is now fuseable and upgradeable. I urge you to come check it out. Yes i am a buzz member for igg so i will get credit if you sign up with this link but plz tell your friends to come check it out.

http://buzz.igg.com/game_event_develop.php?m_id=4471732&g_id=21&act_id=6

Come check us out and see what it is all about. Shout at me on Angelic-Hurricane Sea ...look for Talon+

CYA THERE :D