Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCSoft Billing Errors

KorgborgKorgborg Member UncommonPosts: 116

I wonder how many people have had problems with NCSoft and purchases for Guild Wars products.

They've screwed up two of my purchases with the most recent resulting in a "permanent" ban on my master account.  They fixed the first one after many emails and referrals to their "knowledge base", finally realizing it was their processing error and manually applying the code to my account.

Now tech support seems to take their time responding and of course their phone support hours are 9-5pm mon-fri. 

Why is their online purchase system so error prone to begin with? Are they losing enough money due to fraud to have a system in place that generates false positives? I don't know how many others have had problems but they've hit me twice in less than a year. 

From my perspective NCSoft's purchase system is worse than broken.

Since I've spent  a $100.00 over 4 purchases on Guild Wars products and have nothing to show for it except a "permanent" account ban I'd say that NCSoft is, at best, incompetent.

I am fairly certain I will not be playing Guild Wars 2 since they will probably screw up that purchase too.

If you cut it too short you can always nail a piece on the end.

If you cut it too long then what the hell are you gonna do?

Comments

• KorgborgKorgborg Member UncommonPosts: 116

NCSoft phone support          

512 225 6359

Additional Info. from www.bbb.org

BBB Rating for NCsoft Corporation

Based on BBB files, NCsoft Corporation has a BBB Rating of C- on a scale from A+ to F.

Reasons for this rating include:

• Failure to respond to 6 complaints filed against business.

Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings

Business Contact and Profile for NCsoft Corporation

Name:

NCsoft Corporation

Phone:

(512) 498-4000

Fax:

(512) 498-4099

Address:

6801 N Cap Tx Hwy #1-102

Austin, TX 78731

us.ncsoft.com/en/

Original Business Start Date:

August 2001

Principal:

Robert Simpson, Team Lead

Customer Contact:

Robert Simpson, Team Lead - (512) 498-4000

Type of Business:

Computer Software Publishers & Developers, Professional Services - General

BBB Accreditation:

NCsoft Corporation is not a BBB Accredited business.

Additional DBA Names:

NC Interactive Inc.

• CohasCohas Member UncommonPosts: 152

ya i just had the same thing happen to me on Friday. It had taken about 6 e-mail all in one day for them to fix the problem. They had to reset my password. It was payment farud. 

Have No Fear Cohas is here!!!

Originally posted by Cohas

ya i just had the same thing happen to me on Friday. It had taken about 6 e-mail all in one day for them to fix the problem. They had to reset my password. It was payment farud. 

/comfort  

It's just extremely annoying.  I gave em a pass for the first problem.  :(

Good Luck in GW   :D

Originally posted by Korgborg

I wonder how many people have had problems with NCSoft and purchases for Guild Wars products.

They've screwed up two of my purchases with the most recent resulting in a "permanent" ban on my master account.  They fixed the first one after many emails and referrals to their "knowledge base", finally realizing it was their processing error and manually applying the code to my account.

Now tech support seems to take their time responding and of course their phone support hours are 9-5pm mon-fri. 

Why is their online purchase system so error prone to begin with? Are they losing enough money due to fraud to have a system in place that generates false positives? I don't know how many others have had problems but they've hit me twice in less than a year. 

From my perspective NCSoft's purchase system is worse than broken.

Since I've spent  a $100.00 over 4 purchases on Guild Wars products and have nothing to show for it except a "permanent" account ban I'd say that NCSoft is, at best, incompetent.

I am fairly certain I will not be playing Guild Wars 2 since they will probably screw up that purchase too.

UPDATE 

NCSoft support finally addressed this billing error.

To be fair, they did remove the charge from the account and allowed us to keep the EOTN key.

A change in system message from "permanent" ban to "possible billing error, please contact support" and tweaking/fixing of the the billing/fraud detection system might allow NCSoft and support to avoid problems like this in the future.

I'll be a customer again, perhaps, but I'll go with the boxed version of GW2 as someone else suggested and probably avoid digital upgrades or only purchase them during support telephone hours when I can immediately address the seemingly inevitable errors.

• zonzaizonzai Member Posts: 358

I had the same problem yesterday.  These guys really can't do anything right can they?  If it weren't for Guild Wars NCsoft wouldn't even be around any more.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

guys if you have problems with GUILD WARS accounts, email ANET directly at [email protected] instead of going thru NCSOFT

i havent had any problems dealing with them and getting results from them

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

nearly the same thing happened to me after buying storage space.

they wanted serial codes from every game I own (all of which I have owned for years and long since lost the boxes in a move) and all credit card numbers ever used for NCsoft games and purchases, all via email.

i just said screw it and paid ten bucks for a new gw account.

but i lost 3 guild wars games and upgrades, lineage 2, city of heroes and villains, all because of a billing error.