Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STO Thought Exercise

saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

I thoutht it would be fun to make a steps Crytpic might take to earn some crediit, trust, and respect again.

Since it;s my idea, I shal go first with three pearls of wisdom

1. Apologize to us

2. No more going nack on things - you tell us for months that it's open skill tree and change your mmind at the lsat minuite - LET US VOTE ON IT

3.  Admit to how the mistakes youve made killed would should have been a solid long-term entertainment source.

4. . Tell us that the decisionmakers who let it get to be this bad are no ;longer involved with the product

5. Work with us on a framework of how to get the game up top snuff.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

Comments

• mezlabormezlabor Member Posts: 133

While all of those things would be nice if they did them. Many (but not all) of my core problems with the game stem from its heavily instanced nature and that just cant be fixed. As it is we wont be able to see areas of persitant open pvp with systems changing hands or persitant starbases that dont exist within instances. And knowing Jack Emertt and his past history with the City of Heros players he wont do the above... ever.

• BetabooBetaboo Member Posts: 384

You forgot to add fire the PR staff for completly pissing off most of it's player base

• exwinexwin Member Posts: 221

Cryptic + Star Trek = FAIL

As long as Cryptic has it's name attached to this beloved franchise it will be little more than a hollow shell. Much like McDonalds trying to pass itself off as fine dining. You can put what ever facade you want to on it, be sure you know the answer to the inevitable Cryptic employee's question, "would you like fries with that?"

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Sell the game to another developer.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by mezlabor

And knowing Jack Emertt and his past history with the City of Heros players he wont do the above... ever.

Quoted for emphisis. This is the company that told everyone who complained about the sorry state STO launched in that they "just don't get it." It would be nice to have seen Cryptic take the same route that other companies have in the past (when launching a game in a sorry state) and own up to the mistakes. Likewise, many of the problems are with the engine (as stated), and cannot be fixed without a new one. I very much doubt we'll see that happen either.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

agree..

Only way I would give STO a change in hell to earn my dollars is:  1) FIRE  ALL lead exects such as Jack and Z-man to start.. 2) Announce their firing of those that are let go at the same time APPOLIGIZE to the player base for their misdoings.  3) Shit can the craptic engine that instances everything..  I want a free flowing universe similar to games like LoTRO, EQ2, Vanguard and WoW... Instancing should be minimized..

However, I think we all know the chances of any of that happening, therefore Cryptic/Atari will never get ONE dime from me in any game they push on the shelves... That includes all console type games by Atari as well.. 

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

Fire Emmert and those in charge of decision making would be a start. Nothing Cryptic could do would win back any respect or trust from me though. This company is beneath contempt to me.