Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heroic Dead recruiting open

Sablehawk5Sablehawk5 Member Posts: 5

Greetings friends,

I'm Sablehawk the guild leader for The Heroic Dead. We're a defiant based faction guild who will be concentrating on providing a friendly, casual and stress free experience for people wanting to play Rifts: Planes of Telara.

I know that sounds rather vague but it's the truth. Our current members come from all walks of life and while some have the ability to play non stop (myself for instance) .. some of our members have 2 jobs, kids, go to college, etc and just don't have a lot of free time to jump through some of the hoops required by either a raiding guild or pure hardcore guild. That's why we've made the Heroic Dead.

To give a bit more feeling for the guild let me explain where our name comes from.

[QUOTE]In Norse Pagan (Asatru) mythology, the Einherjar are the heroic dead culled by the Valkyries from the battle field, and divided amongst Odin and the goddess Freyja. These warrior spirits live with the Aesir in Valhallah, where they practice for the final battle of Ragnarok, where they will fight alongside Odin and the Aesir. The Einherjar were often depicted in Norse funerary artifacts as armed helpers of the god Odin, and are holdovers from Neolithic times. The name Heroic Dead has been around for quite some time but the reason we are using is two-fold. Firstly, we all play mmorpg's where we can die again and again and we always come back.[/QUOTE]

Secondly there is a section on the Rifts website explaining what is happening to the world.

[QUOTE]But there is cause for hope. Telaran heroes of old have begun to be reborn in the Shadowlands as Ascendants, and two powerful factions of heroes have emerged to defend Telara against Regulos and the threats from the planes. [/QUOTE]

These two things link up so well that the name just clicked for us and so here we are. As I mentioned we want a casual environment where we can do whatever we want without the stress of requirements like so many guilds have. We will be doing PvE, PvP and probably some raiding on the side when we've got enough higher level folks. But our main focus and goal is to be friends first and foremost. We consider our friendships to be more important than the game and we quite seriously would like to be here in 10 years from now under the same guild name. That means that Rifts may have come and gone by then. If that's the case we'll have moved onto other games. But we'll still be together and that matters more than anything.

So what to expect from us. Like I said, everything is based upon friendship. We group with each other as much as possible, we craft for guildmates first and profit second and we will be doing PvE/PvP in a casual format. We have no mandatory play times and we will only have one pre-scheduled guild meeting a month so any other time you are in game is yours to do with as you please. We invite people who are looking for the same things we are to come over to our site and put in an application as we need good people around us.

If you are interested in giving us a look you can find us here ---> [url]http://www.heroicdead.com[/url]

Comments

• mhoward48mhoward48 Member UncommonPosts: 99

I recently joined this guild. I got to say I love the people over there. They have been warm and welcoming to me. It is the perfect type of guild for me. I just do not want to be in so big of a hurry to get to the end of content, that I miss the bigger part of what a game has to offer.

I will still get to do all that I want in a game, just not all of it in a hurried fashion. For me, this is what I wanted.

• ComplicationComplication Member Posts: 209

sounds pretty sweet.... but isnt rift not even in beta yet? you confused me with the ad, made it sound like its already out... or is it?

• mhoward48mhoward48 Member UncommonPosts: 99

Hi Complication,

No the game is not out yet. A few guilds are getting started before release.

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

Nice introduction :)

I'll take a look at your website :)

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318

Looks great I cant wait to start when does the game come out neways and what is your site.

• Sablehawk5Sablehawk5 Member Posts: 5

Well the beta should start around september probably and the game comes out first quarter of 2011.

Our website is http://www.heroicdead.com