Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I was wrong, I apologize.

Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Yeah I gave this game shit a few times.

Yeah its a F2p and yeah its not a sandbox but im finding it decent.

Its a free pvp focused game with good classes and a nice game world.

Not bad for nothing.

So im posting this op to say I apologize for giving the game shit, I judged it too early (only after using a couple melee classes).

I decided to play a Rifleman and a Warlock and the game hit home.

So once again I apologize, It's not a bad f2p game.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
Waiting on: GW2, BP

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Get to the desert zone and you'll change your mind again. I was having fun up until that one...

No matter how slick you think you are about stacking like-quests, you *are* going to get sent for the same things X amount of times with no way to make it easier on yourself.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by GTwander

Get to the desert zone and you'll change your mind again. I was having fun up until that one...

Well I blasted this thing really hard (which was wrong of me)and if that does happen to me atleast I could say a F2p game kept me interested a couple weeks. Which would be the longest one of these f2p games kept me (normally I dont last a work week).

• Player143Player143 Member Posts: 42

at least you apologized and still gave it a chance! 

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

desert sown a bit bad but often the other nation come to that area to get the relic so im pretty sure it will still be fun

there is so mutch you can do you dont have to grind the whole desert lol you can do a bit then go do something else like

country quest instead(those are bitch !)

• AthrunZala00AthrunZala00 Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by drbaltazar

desert sown a bit bad but often the other nation come to that area to get the relic so im pretty sure it will still be fun

there is so mutch you can do you dont have to grind the whole desert lol you can do a bit then go do something else like

country quest instead(those are bitch !)

I agree...and if you get really bored you can join the occassional relic raiding of other countires...Its kind of fun seeing lots of players duke it out...

AZ

• AryasAryas Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 337

humility: a quality sadly lacking amongst the individuals who frequent these forums.

you have risen in my estimations, even though i have no idea who you are.

now will someone please help me find my shift key...

Playing: Ableton Live 8
    ~ ragequitcancelsubdeletegamesmashcomputerkillself ~

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

Strange the X-Trap just got updated recently and the servers are not crowded anymore.

More like open 24/7. That means... ;)

• roodawgroodawg Member Posts: 10

I'm really enjoying this game, do i dare say i like it more than Aion? lol

I'm playing a healer class and the character models and the pran are pure eye candy. Cuteness factor is off the charts! and the detail in animation is amazing.

my only complaint so far is my third person camera correction with the terrain buggs out.

• AfrodoAfrodo Member Posts: 27

Despite its few major flaws the game is in good fun. The first few levels feels plain and doll. If you stick it out a bit longer it gets better. Not saying its the best mmorpg out there but for a f2p game its pretty good. I have never had a f2p mmorpg that grabbed my intrest till this one. Even Allods didnt hook me like this game did. Fun factor this game is better than Allods for me..although i do love allods fantastic polished look. The servers arent as busy now because there cacking down on the bots. People say the game is dead or dying. this is not the case. It would be almost daylight and server still have alot of people playing. The dungeons are just a whole lot of fun to boot. I hear from higher level players that say after the desert the games questing gets alot better. So might have to ruff it out in the desert idk i just got there myself.

• freshtomatofreshtomato Member Posts: 17

definitely better than allods haha. not playing allods anymore

i totally agree. defintly spending money on pran clothes. love the designs!

what do you all think of the pvp aitan arena?

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Yeah I gave this game shit a few times.

Yeah its a F2p and yeah its not a sandbox but im finding it decent.

Its a free pvp focused game with good classes and a nice game world.

Not bad for nothing.

So im posting this op to say I apologize for giving the game shit, I judged it too early (only after using a couple melee classes).

I decided to play a Rifleman and a Warlock and the game hit home.

So once again I apologize, It's not a bad f2p game.

I don't know the game, and I don't know what the game is about, but I know it does take guts to come out and openly admit that you're wrong, especially if you'd been fiercely voicing a different opinion before. Kudos for that.

Almost makes me want to look up this game and see what it's about. Almost (too many other games to play first)

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

well if you ever have the time please try. 

its really interesting especially the pran thing 

but if ur outside NA well your ip ban!

goodluck!

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

I'm still playing Aika Casually.

It's good fun.

Normally im not into pvp focused cash shop games.

This one feels different.

its interesting though. there marketing for offline activities very agressive

• Nhoj1983Nhoj1983 Member UncommonPosts: 185

Aika surprised me.  I generally HATE f2p games.  Not one has held my attention past day one... that is until this came along.   I passed it over for months... even after getting invited into closed beta and in a rather bored moment loading it onto my comp I didn't even open the program.  It just seemed too much like every other f2p L2 look alike.  I'm glad I finally DID try it.

Well this game is more akin to DAoC than L2 and let me say despite the gender specific classes and simple if plentiful quests this game is an amazing realm vs realm pvp game.(especially for a f2p)  It has it's faults but this game is up with the p2p pvp focused games when judged by it's realm warfare.