Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I played Ragnarok

2»

Comments

• necbonenecbone Member Posts: 358

Originally posted by Seasonz

roflmao, there is no way L2 is even CLOSE to RO's grind. L2's grind so so hard, RO's leveling is probably the easiest on the net. And I WAS starting a L2 account because.. well I actually get intimidated by dungeons,monsters etc, the graphics are great.. and more of a challenge. But.. sadley I am giving up my L2 experience :) I am going to WoW, reason being is because I was talking about it with some freinds at school, they convinced me to play it.. and I'm about to leave in about 30 mins to get it..
    EDIT: I have the best NPC store bought equip for fighter [bone gaiters, etc] if you would like to trade for
    WoW items, tell me.

ro's grind is crazy man(if you dont bot) and its not the easiest game to lvl in by far....also, just because the grind is hard dosnt mean its a challenge...i'm not on either of these games' side, and on another note, i thot bone gaitors were like for someone lvl 20 or lower?(i dont feel like checking); i forget, i have a lvl 29scout(havent played since may).....

if you need some money in wow, holla at me on mannoroth server, i'm doja and i'm hordeside

• SeasonzSeasonz Member Posts: 113

Bone Gaiters is the best npc equip for lvl20 or lower yes, but still willing to trade for it.. i got about 70k worth of equip + 40k just additional adena, not much but im sure it must get me somting. And you dont think the grind in ro is easy? Dam.. thats weird. I think its hella easy, along with alot of players i play with, I give it the credit of being hard on the whole level 97 being half way to level 99. I have produced 3 level 99 characters and I get made fun of by my guildies that thats all I have X-X. I think RO is EXTREMLEY easy, but I dont know, thats me :P. A hard game is like L2, FFXI, EQ, etc. I'll sell somone my iris account, only good thing it has on there is a lvl 71 wizy, int/dex pure WoE build. Prety low, but ill sell for WoW items :O it also has a reject-acolyte and a in-the-making falcon hunter.

====
    lol.
    ====

• hawkwindhawkwind Member Posts: 124

Your first few sentences pretty much sums it up. I played since 2001 and renewing takes a major effort. The ghetto crap sucks IMHO (yeah) and know that 12 year old spoiled white kids and college kids with no obvious real life can act so ignorant just stews along with the mass botting into a rreally, really nasty ass mix.

After more than 3 years and the botting is STILL not fixed! YAh screw that. If you consider the primitive graphics, the 2 -d sprites and lag out, disconnections and massively downslid economy and thentry and balance it with a few trickle down patches, there is no way this game is going to really grow.

If you waded through this site as musch as we have you know half the posters here would either be on a 'private' server or botting if they trusted someone to send them the fix...bleh thats the truth. A lame game with some good ideas and piss poor implementaion about sums up iRO. The Korean version is way, way cool. No Americans allowed though. The US server is swamped with losers from around the world most who either try all starry eyed to 'be somebody' or just cheat their way to the top of the ratty heap. Bah, bah I say. A game for human sheep!

Don't ya eat the yellow snow!

• dot_boydot_boy Member Posts: 24

thats the first good thing that anyones said here so far::::01::

and about WOW II i think it is not near as addictive as iro!!!::::23::

-I LOVE FF moogles

• dddrrr39dddrrr39 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    -
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2021
    I tried it and quit within 10-15 minutes,so i couldn't tell you much about the overall design.
    It is the developers job to encourage me to continue,give me some glimmer of hope right away,it is not my job to force myself to continue onwards and just hope it gets better.

IMO dated has an actual ending and the ending  began with FFXI which imo surpassed the big bois EQ1 at the time.I still play it and on my big screen it looks plenty good enough for me.
    There are however some sort of half assed ideas i wish were improved over the years but devs only focus on what they can sell you NEXT.

I mention this because FFXI also uses the elemental properties idea but the elements don't impact the game enough.SO if Ragnarok can do the elemental idea a little bit better than sure i can see it's appeal.

IMO this Ragnarok developer had a large following for a lot of years,much like Eve online and made a lot of money.When games become outdated those rich ass devs SHOULD invest back into the game and improve it to newer standards.The problem is there is a fine line between seeing typical profits and expected profits by upgrading.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Long point made short...
    If the cheap ass devs took Ragnarok and licensed say an Unreal engine and upgraded al lthe animations and characters,models,graphics etc etc ,i would likely dive right back in and give Rags a better look over.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.