Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats up with classic DAOC?

Seven77Seven77 Member Posts: 38

Hi guys after being disappointed by a string of games. I've been in MMO hibernation and have just peeked my head out to see whatever happend to the planned, DAOC classic and If it's been finished, can I try it out, is it any good? etc. etc. Thanks!

Comments

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Classic came and went I believe.

There is one server cluster now, ywain 1 thru 10 and a co-op server I believe. Classic flopped from what I understand.

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by Torak

Classic came and went I believe.

There is one server cluster now, ywain 1 thru 10 and a co-op server I believe. Classic flopped from what I understand.

Could have sworn I answered this exact thread today, did the mods delete it?

I think he means the Origins servers. They got put on hiatus after EA dissolved Mythic and put them to work on WAR and SWTOR. The classic SERVERS on the other hand, were a massive success, and were the most populated servers for a long long time, until Mythic made the ToA content on the ToA servers almost unnecessary. 

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

"classic" servers were very popular for a few years acctually. However, with diminishing pop. they bleed more than others. There were never any Origin servers (classic severs didn't change the game much, no buff bots and a few other minor things).  They never went back to pre NF builds.

I really think daoc died becuase mythic stopped workign on it pretty much entirely. You have to add /remove spells, buff and nerf them and modify the game to keep it going. They did remove ladders and add ramps at oen point which WAS worst than the old frontiers to new frontiers and well an y op or nerfs that were unjustified. Basicly made fighting in keeps pointless as the enemy could now, no skill, run all the way up in a pack and kill you.

Still doacs pop is strong on the one sever they have and it sadly still the best pvp mmorpg out (VERY SAD). EVE is noit bad but the no skill combat kills it.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine